Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only a 9.5 on PG. What a poor start to recruiting...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Only a 9.5 on PG. What a poor start to recruiting...
      Probably a good start but I’m really disappointed in some of our possible returners who left and some of our signees that de committed that were really good players. I don’t know if Pelfrey would have made a difference had he been retained or not but my guess is he would have. My biggest regret on kids who had committed, and then de committed, were the local kids. We haven’t had many local kids who were top notch players, ready to play and perhaps dominate immediately for many years. We did have at least a couple of them this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Probably a good start but I’m really disappointed in some of our possible returners who left and some of our signees that de committed that were really good players. I don’t know if Pelfrey would have made a difference had he been retained or not but my guess is he would have. My biggest regret on kids who had committed, and then de committed, were the local kids. We haven’t had many local kids who were top notch players, ready to play and perhaps dominate immediately for many years. We did have at least a couple of them this year.
        Yeah this is where I am. Would like a couple more back. But the ones we got today are a pretty damn good start. Those are some possible dudes.

Comment

• Another recruit decommits.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
            Another recruit decommits.

Another "who dat". Redshirt? 2024 recruit? Out of Blue Valley Southwest? Or Batesville, SC which is at the bottom of his Tweet?

Comment

• He's a '24 guy, not a coming this fall guy. Recruiting past this fall is basically a complete reset.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                He's a '24 guy, not a coming this fall guy. Recruiting past this fall is basically a complete reset.
                This is one of the key benefits of bringing in a current HC vs elevating an assistant. They have a pipeline of players, but have to adjust. Jay Johnson brought current players, transfers, and future recruits with him from Arizona. Hoping HCBG can replicate.

Comment

• Not sure if this one has been mentioned.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• When do they normally start posting a roster at goshockers.com?
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      When do they normally start posting a roster at goshockers.com?
                      Interestingly enough, they actually had the roster up for several days, before taking it down. Once the kids are here and have their photos taken, the roster should be up. I saw a few tweets about Opendorse/NIL from some players, so I bet that coincided with picture day. I'd expect it soon, but they (especially baseball) have had such a turnover in staff that some things may take a little longer than normal.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                        X