This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Not to be a negative Nelly, but we'll start hearing about defections soon in the '23 class. I do think we'll keep the plurality, but as always, the best ones are the most likely ones to be poached. I remain hopeful with this group, but the hope is beginning to fade a touch.
    Sometimes I ****ing hate when I'm right.

Comment

Monday morning wasn't too bad, but...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

He’s going to Nebraska. Check out his Twitter likes. Been all Nebraska for awhile

Comment

Originally posted by vtshocker View Post
          He’s going to Nebraska. Check out his Twitter likes. Been all Nebraska for awhile
          His loss I guess. His family can drive 5-6 hrs to watch him get throttled at Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

His loss I guess. His family can drive 5-6 hrs to watch him get throttled at Nebraska.
            Throttled??

Let's see: WSU last conference champion 2010; last conference tournament championship and NCAA apperance 2013 (both vacated).

Since then, Nebraska has been to 5 NCAAs.

If he gets throttled there, he'd get the same here.

Comment

My prediction is he will be the one doing the throttling.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Throttled??

Let's see: WSU last conference champion 2010; last conference tournament championship and NCAA apperance 2013 (both vacated).

Since then, Nebraska has been to 5 NCAAs.

If he gets throttled there, he'd get the same here.
                Wait and see his play next year

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

My prediction is he will be the one doing the throttling.
                  Homie going to get bombed out of D1

Comment

Homie going to get bombed out of D1
                    All of these coaches look to move up and get more money. But if a kid does it he's not loyal. College sports has been big business for years but NIL/portal changed the game for players.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersdad View Post

All of these coaches look to move up and get more money. But if a kid does it he's not loyal. College sports has been big business for years but NIL/portal changed the game for players.
                      Are the only people involved in college athletics (all athletics really) the coaches and players? Has college baseball really been big business? The only way most fans will come is if they win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Are the only people involved in college athletics (all athletics really) the coaches and players? Has college baseball really been big business? The only way most fans will come is if they win.
                        Obviously baseball is nowhere near football or basketball. But take a look at the stadiums, locker rooms, pitching labs, ect colleges are building for baseball. This is all an effort to attract talent and yes win.

Comment

• Best of luck to him. I wish him the best. No longer a Shocker, so won't really pay much attention.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockersdad View Post

Obviously baseball is nowhere near football or basketball. But take a look at the stadiums, locker rooms, pitching labs, ect colleges are building for baseball. This is all an effort to attract talent and yes win.
                            It is surpassing basketball in the SEC. 5 schools in SEC averaged higher baseball attendance than basketball.

Ole Miss and Miss St (bottom two records of SEC) set the all time baseball attendance for baseball regular season at 16,423.

And before someone else says “We aren’t the SEC”, that is who we are competing against for recruiting and retaining players.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Yeah, that's about as cryptic as you can get. Is this along the lines of whenever a bell rings an angel gets his wings? Except not sure what we are looking for.

This is about the time we start harvesting wheat in Kansas. So perhaps Coach Green can deliver on a harvest of recruits in the next few weeks.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 20, 2023, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X