Nevada Tournament

Hofstra - Feb 28 (Fri) 1 p.m.
    Nevada - Feb 29 (Sat) 6 p.m.
    Nevada - Mar 1 (Sun) 12:30 p.m.

Video: https://nevadawolfpack.com/sports/20...t-network.aspx
    Stats: https://nevadawolfpack.com/sidearmst...seball/summary
    Reno, Nev. Don Weir Field at Peccole Park
    Radio: 97.5 FM/1240 AM
    Last edited by Kung Wu; February 29, 2020, 04:58 PM.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

So do we hop on a plane or bus to Nevada tomorrow?

What can we expect against Hofstra? Are they a lot better competition than we have seen so far?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What can we expect against Hofstra? Are they a lot better competition than we have seen so far?
      I believe HCEW said they would be flying this trip. Hofstra is 1-6 so far. Nevada is 0-6. I'm going to say they are pretty much in the same territory of who we have played so far. Maybe a bit below that even.

Comment

Fly out tomorrow around lunch. They won't get to fly too often this year due mostly to the previous staff draining the reserves flying everywhere. But those days are behind us and hopefully support will come quickly for the new leaders.

As usual, 1972Shocker called it. Record aside, Kstate pitching staff is deep and legit. They aren't horrible at all. We haven't played good competition yet (I think Northwestern State will be a team just outside the tourney but what I think doesn't matter) and we're not starting this weekend.

Still, plenty to learn on the road this weekend. We won't have Wallace back yet. DVV looked very good today. Clemons looked good today. Lots of places to grow. But so far so good for this new staff.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Fly out tomorrow around lunch. They won't get to fly too often this year due mostly to the previous staff draining the reserves flying everywhere. But those days are behind us and hopefully support will come quickly for the new leaders.
          Seriously? That's pathetic. That dude drained us in all facets.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Seriously? That's pathetic. That dude drained us in all facets.
            When Gene was fired he left us with a baseball program with a 7 figure bank account. It’s easy to drain resources with sub 30 W seasons and battling to finish with a .500 record. Hopefully HCEW can turn it around. I haven’t kept up much on attendance numbers, but it seems like we may be trending in the right direction (as long as we don’t have to play all our midweek games at 1pm).
            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Warmer weather will push those start times to later in the day,

Comment

Can't see them taking a bus to FL or ECU etc. But will probably have to drive to Houston & Memphis (both about 8+ hrs). Glad Butler is gone.

Comment

As usual, 1972Shocker called it. Record aside, Kstate pitching staff is deep and legit. They aren't horrible at all. We haven't played good competition yet (I think Northwestern State will be a team just outside the tourney but what I think doesn't matter) and we're not starting this weekend.

Still, plenty to learn on the road this weekend. We won't have Wallace back yet. DVV looked very good today. Clemons looked good today. Lots of places to grow. But so far so good for this new staff.
                  Great post, appreciate the insight into the program. As a former (not anywhere collegiate level) athlete, it's amazing how much faster you heal when your team is winning. Along those same lines, there's something oddly beautiful about taking a bus with all your buddies rather than flying, but I guess I'm old school like that. I suspect HCEW just wants to coach--he'd have the team travel in a horse and buggy and still demand the same product on the field as a first-class chartered team.

I live in NC now, but tune into every game. Can't wait to see the boys play ECU.

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
                    Along those same lines, there's something oddly beautiful about taking a bus with all your buddies rather than flying, but I guess I'm old school like that.
                    I agree with this, but playing two games and then rolling out the next day for a looong bus drive the day before you have to play two more games can keep your muscles sore and and stiff. I wouldn't call it brutal, per se, but this stretch -- even though it's against lesser competition -- does have a higher risk just due to the schedule.

Comment

Maybe is an ignorant question, but what IS travel size...25??

Comment

Uh, if ignorant questions are a problem, I'm screwed. :)

Comment

I'll try to address several questions here:

Non con you can travel what you want. I believe everyone is traveling but Paxton and Kyle Wilson this weekend but I'm not positive.

Conference travel is limited to 25. We only have 30 on the roster and I believe 3 are injured right now. So 5 will have to stay home on the 4 road trips, although I'm not exactly sure what they'll do with the Memphis trip as the plan is to bus to Memphis then bus to Florida for the conference tournament and eventually fly home or to whatever NCAA destination we get sent (that's for Fev).

Fly to Reno

Bus to Houston

Fly to Orlando

Fly to East Carolina

Bus to Memphis then bus to Tampa. Fly back to Wichita. Bus everywhere else.

Attendance wise, it's nice to know that all the suites are sold for the season, but they have some options here and there so if you're interested, please don't let the sold out sign stop you.

(Soft sell) I realize not everyone wants to buy season tickets, especially when you know you just aren't going to utilize them on a bunch of days, and most of us can't afford the AA Club, but the Battery Club is a great way to donate directly to baseball and is affordable. Just sayin'. Much like the Match Club for volleyball, great value, to me at least.

I fully believe success breeds success. That's why this solid start is so important. I suspect the meeting after losing the opener 11-0 was contentious at best. No excuses. On your worst day they want your best. The accountability they expect, and the positive environment in which they expect it is truly remarkable.

If you missed it, PCMP was on Sports Daily this morning. Great stuff. Use the rewind feature. Practiced outside this morning before heading to the airport.

Comment

Uh, if ignorant questions are a problem, I'm screwed. :)
                            Got me!!!!

Comment

I'll try to address several questions here:

Non con you can travel what you want. I believe everyone is traveling but Paxton and Kyle Wilson this weekend but I'm not positive.

Conference travel is limited to 25. We only have 30 on the roster and I believe 3 are injured right now. So 5 will have to stay home on the 4 road trips, although I'm not exactly sure what they'll do with the Memphis trip as the plan is to bus to Memphis then bus to Florida for the conference tournament and eventually fly home or to whatever NCAA destination we get sent (that's for Fev).

Fly to Reno

Bus to Houston

Fly to Orlando

Fly to East Carolina

Bus to Memphis then bus to Tampa. Fly back to Wichita. Bus everywhere else.

Attendance wise, it's nice to know that all the suites are sold for the season, but they have some options here and there so if you're interested, please don't let the sold out sign stop you.

(Soft sell) I realize not everyone wants to buy season tickets, especially when you know you just aren't going to utilize them on a bunch of days, and most of us can't afford the AA Club, but the Battery Club is a great way to donate directly to baseball and is affordable. Just sayin'. Much like the Match Club for volleyball, great value, to me at least.

I fully believe success breeds success. That's why this solid start is so important. I suspect the meeting after losing the opener 11-0 was contentious at best. No excuses. On your worst day they want your best. The accountability they expect, and the positive environment in which they expect it is truly remarkable.

If you missed it, PCMP was on Sports Daily this morning. Great stuff. Use the rewind feature. Practiced outside this morning before heading to the airport.

Thank you!!!! And all done without a single contentious moment!!:)

Comment

Working...
                              X