Shocks vs wild kitties #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Another 2.5 hour game or thereabouts. Sure beats the all to common 4 hour games in recent years. This in itself will make attending games more attractive to many fans once it warms up a bit.
    Well Wedge himself said we’d be a team who pitches well and fields it well. I hope we get a couple of hitters like we had 2-3 years ago to go with our pitching. We will be ready for our national goals then.

Comment

I generally cannot stand listening to baseball games on the radio, but HCEW is making me a believer again. That was a crisp game. I can't wait for some warmer weather to go watch in person. Well done Shockers!

​​​​​I love small ball, pitching and defense. Put the ball in play and apply constant pressure. I know the competition hasn't been the best, but this is fun so far.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

Connery Peters was nasty out there. 93-94 with his fastball. He left a couple of pitches up, and he's got to stop that, but otherwise good stuff from the sophomore.

Aaron Bechtel wastes absolutely no time out there and I love it. Pace of play. It's going to get a lot tougher starting next week, but I like the way this team goes about their business.

Comment

Another 2-1 victory for the Shocks; HCEW has to be pleased at this stage.

Comment

Has anyone noticed that the pace of play is really nice this year? This does make for a better experience for baseball. Love the way Cadena calls the game and if a pitcher strays from the strike zone he uses both hands to emphasize the width of the plate. The games in the previous years were so slow with the pitches called from the dugout and then the barrage of walks and hit batsmen, and lack of execution drove me crazy. This is like an early spring to me. Yep still early but when was the last time we have seen pitchers perform like this. Oops almost forgot the play in the field as well. Well done Shox

Comment

Sully Roundhouse on pace of play.

"That shows you what kind of athlete (Cadena) is," Wedge said. "You have to be one hell of an athlete to make that play. To pick the ball, first and foremost, and then to have the awareness and then the arm strength to throw that ball to second base the way he did – that was a big play for us."

Comment

I hope he lets the backup catcher call pitches too. Especially against Hofstra or Nevada.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Also, these nerds look ridiculous with their calculator belt-buckles.
                  so what was the mild cats wearing at their waist

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

so what was the mild cats wearing at their waist
                    Looked like a Star Trek Bluetooth Communicator.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Watched this one and was surprised barnhouse hasn’t been used until now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckshot View Post
                        Watched this one and was surprised barnhouse hasn’t been used until now.
                        Were you wearing your PowerCat overalls, or your Walmart Beaker Tshirt?

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckshot View Post
                          Watched this one and was surprised barnhouse hasn’t been used until now.
                          Why would you be surprised? Barnhouse is not in the weekend rotation and the 1st opportunity to start a mid-week game was the games against Arkansas-Pine Bluff and K-State. Not surprising at all that they would hold Barnhouse for the K-State game and use less experienced arms against Arkansas-Pine Bluff.

So I guess what you are saying is you are surprised that Barnhouse is not in the weekend rotation. Considering how solid our weekend rotation has been early on not sure why this is a surprise to you.

Expect Barnhouse to start one of the games against Air Force this mid-week. My guess is the Wednesday game as I think they will want to give Snavely some work on Tuesday.

So at this point it looks like Tommy is the #4 starter. So it might not be a surprise if you see him starting mid-week games.

Comment

Working...
                          X