Opening Weekend Shocks at Northwestern State Demons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachJ View Post

Why keep calling it Butlers bad talent... you should respect all these kids talents no matter what. Don't drag the players down regardless....
    I don’t think it’s anybody’s intent to drag the players down. For the longest time I’d guess a majority of us believed Butler would be bringing in top notch talent. He certainly had the reputation of being a solid recruiter. Lack of player development after the players entered the program probably did more to skew our perception of their talent than anything. There are a lot of damn good high school players that will get by on having a cannon and teeing off on 84 mph fastballs. What good is that gonna do for a program trying to work its way back to Omaha?
    Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

• "I don’t think it’s anybody’s intent to drag the players down"
      I believe it was called Butler's "Bad Talent" so that is basically dragging the kid(s) down..... I 1000% agree with Lack of player development and that is on the coaching staff. It 's up to the coaches to take whatever player is there and develop them to the best of their abilities. It's a vicious cycle as "IF" HCEW recruits don't pan out those players will be HCEW's bad talent. At the end of the day they need to make these players better from the time they arrive. I agree we want top notch players but until HCEW staff turns it around with what we have then those top notch kids will want to come here. IMO. just like what we tell the kids "get better everyday" and that includes HC, coaches, trainers and all staff.

Comment

• I don't know anything and my opinion DEFINITELY doesn't count -- I know that, but I don't see how we can be down on our team seeing that we were only one strike away from winning the series. If memory is correct (probably not) we were sitting on 2 outs and the score 1-0, Peters had their guy at 3-2 with bases loaded. If he gets that strike, the inning is over and it's 1-0. They didn't score the rest of the match, while we did score another run. I know ifs and buts, and all that -- but we were really close to winning that sucker, weren't we? In fact, it felt like to me, we out played them, but the scoreboard just didn't show it.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I don't know anything and my opinion DEFINITELY doesn't count -- I know that, but I don't see how we can be down on our team seeing that we were only one strike away from winning the series. If memory is correct (probably not) we were sitting on 2 outs and the score 1-0, Peters had their guy at 3-2 with bases loaded. If he gets that strike, the inning is over and it's 1-0. They didn't score the rest of the match, while we did score another run. I know ifs and buts, and all that -- but we were really close to winning that sucker, weren't we? In fact, it felt like to me, we out played them, but the scoreboard just didn't show it.
          Agree, might be a little early to throw the baby out with the bath water...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I don't know anything and my opinion DEFINITELY doesn't count -- I know that, but I don't see how we can be down on our team seeing that we were only one strike away from winning the series. If memory is correct (probably not) we were sitting on 2 outs and the score 1-0, Peters had their guy at 3-2 with bases loaded. If he gets that strike, the inning is over and it's 1-0. They didn't score the rest of the match, while we did score another run. I know ifs and buts, and all that -- but we were really close to winning that sucker, weren't we? In fact, it felt like to me, we out played them, but the scoreboard just didn't show it.
            I agree 100%

Comment

• It’s not gonna look great when Northwestern State finishes 22-38.

But again, this year is a freebie given the previous regime’s taint.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                  It’s not gonna look great when Northwestern State finishes 22-38.

But again, this year is a freebie given the previous regime’s taint.
                  Maybe but last year they went 2-1 against LSU and Arkansas. They must have some talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Maybe but last year they went 2-1 against LSU and Arkansas. They must have some talent.
                    They lost everybody from last year.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Eddy, Hamilton Earn Weekly Honors

Eddy was named the American Athletic Conference Pitcher of the Week, while Hamilton was tabbed one of Collegiate Baseball Newspaper's Players of the Week.

A junior right-hander from Brighton, Colo., Eddy struck out a career-high 10 batters in a career-best eight innings pitched while only surrendering one earned run on one hit on exactly 100 pitches, helping the Shockers post their first combined one-hitter since 2014 in WSU's 5-1 victory at Northwestern State Saturday, Feb. 15. He also surpassed 100 career strikeouts in the contest.

Hamilton, a junior right-hander from Asher, Okla., fanned 13 batters in five innings of no-hit baseball in Wichita State's season-opener Friday, Feb. 14, at Northwestern State. It was the most strikeouts in a single game for a WSU pitcher since 2013.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

They lost everybody from last year.
                        Not everybody. Their Game 1 starting pitcher was back from last year and he had success in the Cape Cod league during the summer too.

Comment

• Recruiting class of 2019 was probably the most talented class we have seen but decommits, injuries and what I believe to be bad choices on who we kept in the program makes this class look sub par.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sadshocker View Post
                            Recruiting class of 2019 was probably the most talented class we have seen but decommits, injuries and what I believe to be bad choices on who we kept in the program makes this class look sub par.
                            I sense a lot of personal bias. From your name to every post being a negative.

I’ll say this, if you or your son/nephew/cousin/uncle/brother wasn’t kept, I would look in the mirror as to why. Did you/they control everything in your/their power to be a Shocker. If HCEW decides no, then that is on you/them. Talent does not equal winning.

Comment

• Not for everyone.

Comment

• I listened to Eric on the show and I thought he was impressive and definitely setting up a culture change. We may have had talented recruits in the past and we couldn't win with them with our previous coach. I think he is on the right track to recruit talented players and also players who are mentally tough baseball players.

Comment

Working...
                                X