Recruiting -- Class of 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I wonder if Austin has any connection to former Shocker great AJ Ladwig who I believe was also from the area?
    Wasn't A.J. Ladwig from Omaha?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

This recruit is extremely intriguing. A High School Sophomore from South Dakota (15-16 years old) that is 6'4" and 190 lbs. that was named to an Perfect Game All Tournament team. We know that baseball isn't the same in South Dakota as it is in Texas where every Big 12, AAC, SEC, and even Rice University would be in on a great player. Does anyone have a MPH number for this young man?

I like how this young man stands tall next to Pelphrey who we know is 6'7". This could be a stud that we have to sway away from the Majors.

Comment

I guess that Omaha is a suburb of Sioux Falls S.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
          I guess that Omaha is a suburb of Sioux Falls S.D.
          Eh, it's all cold. Who am I thinking about? I know we had a pitcher from SD or I'm losing it (entirely possible).

I think I was confusing Aaron Labrie (not Dusty Coleman) who were both from SD.
          Last edited by WuDrWu; February 10, 2020, 04:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            The good Doctor is a supporter of ALL shocker sports. He unfailingly supports every program and the people that lead those programs even if he doesn't agree with them. After all the program is bigger than the people that head them up. I found myself supporting Todd Butler because he was chosen to head the program not because I thought he was the best to do so but to support the program and my school. When it became apparent things weren't getting better I had confidence that a change would be made as did WDW but I didn't jump on the dump Butler train as so many did. It amazes me that people believe that the more they hate on a web site will ever have an impact on a programs direction. I know some of this angst was caused by the release/firing of Gene. Everyone here would agree that Gene was a great coach and resurrected the baseball program and put his blood and sweat into the program. Few even remember that he chose his alma mater over WSU for a day and frankly it doesn't matter. The program was not achieving at the same level it once did. College baseball changed in that kids go to showcase events and are seen by a lot of coaches instead of the old days of going to american legion games all over and finding the kids we found. More money was poured into facilities and salaries. I felt the program had lost its fire and the staff was going through the motions. That is only my perception but you will not find any comments about that on SN while Gene was the head coach because I supported the program, Saying WDW adds nothing to discussion is patently wrong. Sometimes he makes seemingly cryptic comments but I would imagine he does so to let us know something is in the wind and the substance can't be let out. I would imagine that it would have to do with conversations with people that he has their confidence not to share. Either way it's a little like handling of classified information...everyone one wants to know whats up but don't have the need to know. Nice to know is a lot different than the need to know. You can quote scripture all you want but I would lose the Shoe shine reference which in many circles would be considered derogatory as well as racist. And no I'm not thin skinned or PC most of the time.
            Sounds like you supported the program first and foremost while Nostradamus supported the Butler first and foremost.
            The shine box is a reference out of the Good Fellas movie. The fact that you made it a racial term kind of reflects on your own personal bias. Don’t ya think?

WuducWu has as much classified information as the janitor dumping trash from the ADs office.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
              The good Doctor is a supporter of ALL shocker sports. He unfailingly supports every program and the people that lead those programs even if he doesn't agree with them. After all the program is bigger than the people that head them up. I found myself supporting Todd Butler because he was chosen to head the program not because I thought he was the best to do so but to support the program and my school. When it became apparent things weren't getting better I had confidence that a change would be made as did WDW but I didn't jump on the dump Butler train as so many did. It amazes me that people believe that the more they hate on a web site will ever have an impact on a programs direction. I know some of this angst was caused by the release/firing of Gene. Everyone here would agree that Gene was a great coach and resurrected the baseball program and put his blood and sweat into the program. Few even remember that he chose his alma mater over WSU for a day and frankly it doesn't matter. The program was not achieving at the same level it once did. College baseball changed in that kids go to showcase events and are seen by a lot of coaches instead of the old days of going to american legion games all over and finding the kids we found. More money was poured into facilities and salaries. I felt the program had lost its fire and the staff was going through the motions. That is only my perception but you will not find any comments about that on SN while Gene was the head coach because I supported the program, Saying WDW adds nothing to discussion is patently wrong. Sometimes he makes seemingly cryptic comments but I would imagine he does so to let us know something is in the wind and the substance can't be let out. I would imagine that it would have to do with conversations with people that he has their confidence not to share. Either way it's a little like handling of classified information...everyone one wants to know whats up but don't have the need to know. Nice to know is a lot different than the need to know. You can quote scripture all you want but I would lose the Shoe shine reference which in many circles would be considered derogatory as well as racist. And no I'm not thin skinned or PC most of the time.
              Supporting a coach blindly just because they are the coach of your school when they are clearly causing more harm than good only hurts the program even more.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Sounds like you supported the program first and foremost while Nostradamus supported the Butler first and foremost.
                The shine box is a reference out of the Good Fellas movie. The fact that you made it a racial term kind of reflects on your own personal bias. Don’t ya think?

WuducWu has as much classified information as the janitor dumping trash from the ADs office.

Here's a request: STFU

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post

Here's a request: STFU
                  Request denied.

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Request denied.
                    Ok, that is pretty funny and a statement I made here on Shockernet 20 years ago or so.

Comment

I love this board

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                        I love this board

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Triple Lindey

Comment

Originally posted by CoachJ View Post
                            Triple Lindey
                            Welcome and nice looking pooch!
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Welcome and nice looking pooch!
                              Thank you! glad to be here!!

Comment

I can't believe we're back to recruiting 6'4" guys. I think I'm supposed to complain about that.

Comment

Working...
                                X