No announcement yet.

2019/2020 Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine we'll see the baseball signings article tomorrow. Here's a list of the public commitments I've found on social media and the services. Green indicate confirmed signings. Red indicates newly confirmed decomits (Korben Ford, we hardly knew ye). I'll be interested to see how this list differs from the final.

Also, we had 7 decommits from those that publicly verbally from the 2020 class and 2 from the 2021 class after the Butler fallout. Most of those went to strong programs.

KANSAS
    *RHP Jace Kaminska 6-2 200, Caney Valley KS (Caney Valley)
    INF Andrew Stewart 5'11 160, Lawrence KS (Lawrence / Barton CC)

MISSOURI
    LHP/OF Max Chapman 5-11 180 Grain Valley MO (Grain Valley )
    C Chuck Ingram, 6-0 210 Kansas City, MO (Rockhurst)
    *RHP Braedyn McLaughlin, 6-3, 210, Kansas City MO (Staley HS / Iowa Western CC)

TEXAS
    LHP Coby Bolen 6-3 180 Amarillo TX (Amarillo)
    RHP Cameron Bye 6-2 180 Euless TX (Trinity)

OKLAHOMA
    RHP LJ McDonough 6-2 200, Blanchard OK (Blanchard / Hutchinson CC)
    *LHP/OF Braden Harris 6-2 180, Bixby OK (Bixby)
    *C/1B Cooper Harris 6-2 210 Choctaw OK (Choctaw)
    *C Gage Williams 5-11 175 Sapulpa OK (Sapulpa)

DECOMMIT (Eastern Oklahoma State CC) SS Korben Ford 5-5 125 Mead OK (Silo)

NEBRASKA
    *SS Seth Stroh, 6-4, 210, Kearney NE (Kearney)
    *C/3B Noah Greise, 5-11 180 Omaha NE (Millard South)

KENTUCKY
    RHP Konnor Lewis 6-2 195 Lexington KY (Tates Creek)

IOWA
    *RHP Casey Day, 6-2, 195 Ely, IA (Prairie, Kirkwood CC)

Decommits

DECOMMIT (Nebraska) -- 3B/OF Garrett Anglim, Omaha, NE (Papillon Lavista)

DECOMMIT (Butler County CC) -- SS Jonah Cox, Thornton CO (Cornerstone Christian Academy)
    DECOMMIT (Eastern Oklahoma State CC) -- 1B/3B Cade Lott McAlester OK (McAlester)
    DECOMMIT (New Mexico) --- SS Jorge Figueroa Dallas TX (Southlake Carrol)
    DECOMMIT (Texas Tech) --- OF Dalton Beck Frisco TX (Reedy)

DECOMMIT (Mizzou)--- SS Jackson Beaman Lincoln Mo. (Lincoln)
    DECOMMIT (Iowa Western CC) 1B Braden Berry Savannah MO (Savannah)

DECOMMIT (Creighton) -- C Ivan Witt Fort Scott KS (Fort Scott)
    DECOMMIT (OU) -- 2B Jackson Nicklaus Andover KS (Andover)

Last edited by Wuzee; November 15, 2019, 01:05 PM.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

5 seniors and 1 open spot on the current roster. 16 players on the above list. 10 over less any players drafted and signed and any organic roster losses if all of these guys sign.

Comment

Haven't seen a report on this, but Brady Slavens is no longer on the Shocker roster.

One has to assume he chose to leave the program.

Comment

Lots of position players leaving/decommitting but no pitchers on the last list. Lots of pitchers signing. Maybe a sign of what we need for the future. Duh

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Haven't seen a report on this, but Brady Slavens is no longer on the Shocker roster.

One has to assume he chose to leave the program.
            Heading to JOCO to play with former commits Isaiah Cohen and Quinton Hall.

If you're the type of person who wants to read into things, He says he transferred away as compared to from

Comment

I would like to read into that but to me they are identical sentiments. I wonder if some of the de-committs were due not because of a change of coaches but the new staff may have encouraged them to go elsewhere because of the over recruiting and lack of foreseeable playing time.

Comment

I have heard that the returning players have encountered a "culture shock". Some are responding and some are not.

Comment

Hard to know if it's all right or all wrong. My bet is things will work themselves out for the better long-term. The time to make sweeping changes is Day 1, and that appears to be the case. It drives me bonkers when new coaches wait 2 years and THEN decide to hit the reset button.

Comment

I'm not sure it even can be right or wrong, it just is when there's a change at the top. But let's be clear here...this was a player's decision, not one driven by staff. Now, it seemed clear to anyone watching fall ball that BS was unlikely to be a part of the infield this spring, and maybe that's all it took to get him to look elsewhere.

I understand what you're saying about waiting to hit the reset button, but I feel confident that's not what's going on here. However, restructuring the roster just can't be done in one season in baseball. There are just too many recruiting hurdles to overcome.

Hopefully this move is addition by subtraction and not subtraction by subtraction. I think it's likely to press one of the talented freshmen into a regular role, somehow, someway.

Comment

To be clear, I'm praising Wedge for instilling his way on Day 1 and not waiting 2 years to start that process. Waiting around is how you end up in year 5 and year 6 whining about just getting your guys in. It happens all over. It is sort of understandable when taking over a good/medium situation. Makes zero sense when taking over a bottom dweller.

Comment

My comment about “reading into” was strictly tongue in cheek f

As far as Wedges recruiting goes - We all knew that was going to be something to watch coming in. Butler was a helluva recruiter but couldnt coach them at all.

Like Doc says - its not the place for everyone. But neither is Arkansas, Vanderbilt or insert school name here. But theres alot of eyes on Wichita at the moment

Comment

Slavens at JCCC now. What happened? Trying to have some faith but dang. not encouraged by what I’m hearing. Wedge doesn’t talk and Sirianni is a screamer. No relationship building. Can’t run a college program like a MLB team. Trying to stay positive

Comment

Originally posted by Sadshocker View Post
                            Slavens at JCCC now. What happened? Trying to have some faith but dang. not encouraged by what I’m hearing. Wedge doesn’t talk and Sirianni is a screamer. No relationship building. Can’t run a college program like a MLB team. Trying to stay positive

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Originally posted by Sadshocker View Post
                                It's like this as far as having two diverse personalities leading an organization. The commanding officer (Lets call him Eric Wedge) has goals that he feels must be reached to successfully complete the mission (lets call this success on the field) He has his subordinates (lets call them Sirianni and Pelphrey) to ensure that the troops (and lets call them "the team"). The commanding officer has entrusted his subordinates to lead the troops to complete the mission. These were subordinates that he has selected and has given them the authority to act at his behest. Subordinates lead in the way that they feel will achieve the best results and no two subordinates lead the same way. Sometimes screaming is the only way to get the troops attention (think boot camp). If everyone screams then after awhile it just becomes noise and then no on listens . This is where the commanding officer and his quiet confidence comes into play. He has to be above the trials and tribulations that occur every day in training so he can judge if each day has had progress. I would guess that the mission has been explained to the troops and are responsible for each of their own part in accomplishing the mission. If the commanding officer has to take time to talk with each individual or with groups then he is spending his valuable time and not spending time working towards the overall mission. You spend about 90% of your time with 10% of the troops so are you better off with or without that 10%. If they have skills no one else has then you do spend time with them to get them up to speed as for the others they usually weed themselves out one way or another. I know that when given a mission I didn't need my CO to be there to pat me on the back and talk to me since I knew what needed to be done and accepted the responsibility to achieve the goals.

Comment

Working...
                                X