No announcement yet.

Eric Wedge - New Baseball Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody know specifics on the punch passes? How many punches, what type of seats, etc.? Can't find any info online and hate phone calls.

Comment

The Wedge News Conference is tonight. I heard it was VIP only.
      Does anyone know what time?
      Where? Baseball Stadium maybe?
      Will it be televised?

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        Marcus Center, open to the public. There is a reception after at a law firm, that I believe is invitation only.

I'll try to find out about TV but I doubt it. Maybe live stream by one or more local affiliates.

"Wichita State will hold an introductory press conference for new head baseball coach Eric Wedge on Tue., June 4 at 6 p.m. The press conference will be held in the Armstrong Room in the Marcus Center on the campus of Wichita State University. The public is invited to attend. "

Wichita State will hold an introductory press conference for new head baseball coach Eric Wedge on Tue., June 4 at 6 p.m. The press conference will be held in the Armstrong Room in the Marcus Center on the campus of Wichita State University. The public is invited to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
        "Wichita State will hold an introductory press conference for new head baseball coach Eric Wedge on Tue., June 4 at 6 p.m. The press conference will be held in the Armstrong Room in the Marcus Center on the campus of Wichita State University. The public is invited to attend. "

https://goshockers.com/news/2019/5/3...or-june-4.aspx
        No streaming platform for a large part of the fanbase that can’t attend but is excited to see it is a mistake.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I’m out of town or otherwise I’d be there. If anyone stumbles upon a streaming source and can relay that, I’d be most appreciative.
          78-65

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• OregonShocker
              OregonShocker commented
              Editing a comment
              Are those Starbucks cups? You know, there are enough Starbucks' around that it could actually work....

KFH airing it on the radio. Good for them.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

No streaming platform for a large part of the fanbase that can’t attend but is excited to see it is a mistake.
              Channel 12 streamed it, but I missed it.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Holy crap! I was excited before, but this video makes me want to lace em up and go play for him! Wow! What a hire! A lot of what he says reminds me of how HCGM approached building a program; and that approach can ONLY bring ultimate success! Shocker baseball is BACK! (Wonder who wins the handshake between him and Gene?)

Comment

• Someone should’ve asked him about free throws....

Comment

• Talk about an exciting time. I hope with all my heart that Coach Wedge is fabulously successful and takes us to heights we've never seen before in Shocker baseball.

A (THE) man starts speaking at 5:15.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Just play that interview for recruits and their parents.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• OregonShocker
                        OregonShocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        You'll have recruits AND parents signing up!

• Notice Eric using the lowered steeple hand position as he attempts to communicate with a fellow Alpha. He's displaying quiet assertiveness and control while Gregg is no doubt responding with slightly too much eye contact. I'd pay good money to get a handshake photo.

Fun times ahead!

T

...:cool:

Comment

• Too bad Eric's voice was not totally there. I was hoping for a full Wedgie but the one I got was good enough.
                        Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2019, 09:09 PM.

Comment

• Love that pic! Love that HCGM was there and heard HCEW speak! One of the possible benefits from this hire, reinforced in HCEW's speech, was that you can go many places, but Wichita and WSU sticks with you, because of the intangibles he mentions; HCGM can use that as more motivation (if he needed any) to retire here.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                          WuDrWu commented
                          Editing a comment
                          A ton of coaches were there. Keitha, Danny, Colin, Lambo, 3G....a who's who of WSU coaches.

• Shocker1976
                          Shocker1976 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Karen without a doubt was one of the best female vocalists - EVER!

• 1972Shocker
                          1972Shocker commented
                          Editing a comment
                          No doubt 'Bolt would have been there as well but he is occuppied with other things down in Austin. HCKA even asked HCEW a question. And yes KC was a terrific singer. Hopefully, we will be posting a video of Karen singing Top of the World in a few years.
                          Last edited by 1972Shocker; June 5, 2019, 05:00 PM.
                      Working...
                      X