Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next WSU Baseball Coach - Who is your choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next WSU Baseball Coach - Who is your choice?

Next WSU Baseball Coach - Who is your choice? If "other", list his or her name in your comments.
    Mark Standiford
    13.79%
    Eric Wedge
    45.98%
    Kevin Hooper
    37.93%
    Other
    2.30%

The poll is expired.

I think we all know who the top choice is among fans here, but I do not think you could really go wrong with any of the three listed. They each have valuable experiences and their connections to Wichita would immediately excite fans and increase revenue.
    The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Guess I’m a greedy bastard; give me all three... head coach, associate head coach (in waiting) and #1 assistant.

And assuming Mike Pelfrey stays as pitching coach... get your tickets boys and girls.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
      C0|dB|00ded commented
      Editing a comment
      Pelfrey has that Beaker blood flowin' under his Shocker jersey and he sounds dumb. He should be offered an interview.

T

...:cool:

• WuDrWu
      WuDrWu commented
      Editing a comment
      Pelfrey’s loyalty to WSU Baseball shouldn’t be questioned, certainly not by you. And I promise you he gives more to WSU basketball than you ever will.

• molly jabali
      molly jabali commented
      Editing a comment
      Hear, hear, WuDrWu.

Mark is the only one with College experience, and more recruiting connections. We would be a excellent coach.

Comment

I’d like to know who wants it the most. I’d also like to know who can best recruit from the Dominican Republic. I hear they play good baseball there

Comment

I'd like to know who voted for other and who their other is, just for conversation sake

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          Click on the pic to the left of the vote total.

• shockerfanmas
          shockerfanmas commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        I'd like to know who voted for other and who their other is, just for conversation sake
        Surprise it was Downtown Shocker Brown. He is anti-Gene all the way. He is EXTREMELY bitter and disillusioned right now. Im sure his replacement is “no one”.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• shockerfanmas
          shockerfanmas commented
          Editing a comment
          All I gotta say is if he would take a pass on any of those 3 because of his hatred for Gene, he is really petty and needs to grow up. Any of those 3 choices would get butts back in the seats, including mine

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
        As much as I love Wedge and Hoop, I think we need a coach with an established winning percentage in D1.

A couple guys I think are available are Dave Serrano, Andy Cannizaro, and Pat Casey. If looking at coaches currently employed, you could look at Dan Heefner at Dallas Baptist or Andrew Checketts who is at UCSB.

Comment

• WichitaStateGuy
          WichitaStateGuy commented
          Editing a comment
          Get out of here.

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          Wasn’t the DBU coach the one that stiffed us a few years ago which resulted in the hiring of Butler? Pass on him just on that account.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          shoxlax , he didn't stiff us. He wanted the job, but be allowed to hire his own pitching coach. The AD said that wasn't an option. Hind sight, it didn't work out for Butler either, but he made sure he'd have enough time under his contract to get his own pitching coach. That one caveat cost us 6 years.

That there is mutual interest with WSU and Eric Wedge is hardly news. That been known for almost 2 years. Does Eric want to coach again NOW or does he want to be involved and consulted somehow is the question. We’ll have a good idea tomorrow.

Comment

Let’s hope there isn’t 1/10th of the amount of Gene hatred in the athletic department as there is in the Anti-Gene Duo.

Wow.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Count me on board as excited for the coaching change. I wasn't around during the glory years of the 80's and 90's. I attended WSU during the mid 2000's but baseball didn't make waves on my interest radar during that time. Never was a fan of Butler, but I'm looking forward to following the program a little more closely now.
            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Let’s hope there isn’t 1/10th of the amount of Gene hatred in the athletic department as there is in the Anti-Gene Duo.

Wow.
              All 4 ( yes 4) of those choices are an improvement over Butler. His lap dogs are nervous and irrational.

Comment

I would be happy with either Wedge or Hooper as I posted on this subject last month. Wedge as head coach and Hooper as assistant. Hoooer to teach and recruit. I would also not be opposed as DSB has stated that successful head coaches such as Dallas Baptist should be looked at as well

Comment

Anyone know why Standiford is still at Tabor? Seems like he'd have a bigger gig come available by now.

Comment

Eric Wedge isn’t some Penny Hardaway / Juwan Howard hire... the guy has managed at the highest level- WITH SUCCESS- has countless MLB connections, is name-freaking-brand, and exactly what college kids WANT. No kid in central Nebraska or east Kentucky has heard of Kevin Hooper. Avid baseball fans KNOW Eric Wedge.

I won’t be mad if it’s Kevin—that’s an amazing hire. I will be mad if they didn’t call Eric first.

Comment

Working...
                    X