Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do we hear about Butler’s job status?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will say, why dies our local media not press more with this stuff. I like Taylor but why can’t he question the situation. Will our university blackball him or something like those Bradley goons did?

I don’t get it.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Aargh
      Aargh commented
      Editing a comment
      The Eagle's budget doesn't allow much space for sports editorials.

• BostonWu
      BostonWu commented
      Editing a comment
      No one among Taylor, MK, Shane or Sully dare go there. Bruce is the only one and not sure if I would label him local media. I understand some of these individuals aren't in a position to bite the hand that feeds them but who will?

• BOBB
      BOBB commented
      Editing a comment
      BostonWu Sully is a university employee. He's not in the same position as the others but point stands.

mike, shane, and sully while all fine men are the musicians playing as the titanic sinks. they simply can’t draw a check and push against the mother ship.

otoh, the kansas city eagle probably either doesn’t have the budget to push it or doesn’t want to get bradley’d.

Comment

https://www.kwch.com/content/sports/...510451991.html

Butler is gone. Hooper is leading candidate - which I would be happy with.

Comment

I’ve been told the next coach has already been selected, but will not be officially named today. I’m guessing they’ll want to hype it up a bit. My source won’t tell me who it is, but I don’t think it’s Hooper. But I was told that it will definitely reinvigorate the fan base!
        Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post
          I’ve been told the next coach has already been selected, but will not be officially named today. I’m guessing they’ll want to hype it up a bit. My source won’t tell me who it is, but I don’t think it’s Hooper. But I was told that it will definitely reinvigorate the fan base!
          The rumor is Wedge. I would rather have Hooper.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

The rumor is Wedge. I would rather have Hooper.
            That’s my guess as well. From the sounds of it, whoever they’ve selected as option 1 is expected to say yes.

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Hard to complain if it’s Wedge. Hard to complain. But he’d need to have a very well connected assistant ot two.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                https://www.kwch.com/content/sports/...510451991.html

Butler is gone. Hooper is leading candidate - which I would be happy with.
                PRAISE THE LORD IT’S OVER!!!! Wooooooohooooooo

Boatright finally did something competent.

I also would’ve preferred Hooper over Wedge but I’m not complaining. I wonder why Wedge was #1 over him?
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Couldn’t Hooper be an assistant to Wedge? Does he make THAT much in his yeoman’s coaching position in MLB?

Comment

Would Hooper leave his job in San Diego though? That is the big question.

Comment

I would happily take either Wedge or Hooper. I am sure Wedge has made some connections through the years and his Major League experience cannot be a bad thing when it comes to selling recruits to the program. Hooper also has a different set of Major League experience and connections and some head coaching experience. Both would excite the fan base and immediately increase attendance.
                      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

PRAISE THE LORD IT’S OVER!!!! Wooooooohooooooo

Boatright finally did something competent.

I also would’ve preferred Hooper over Wedge but I’m not complaining. I wonder why Wedge was #1 over him?
                        I’m guessing a decade plus of big league management played a factor. I’ve been pretty vocal in the past about wanting Standiford. He’s great with player development and a hell of a guy. Also knows how to recruit and gets professional talent to Tabor. Hooper would have been awesome too. I’m excited for whoever it is to be named officially!

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                          Would Hooper leave his job in San Diego though? That is the big question.
                          For a head coaching position, yes.

For anything below that, doubtful.

A combination of the two would be most ideal obviously.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by DJShocker10 View Post

I’m guessing a decade plus of big league management played a factor. I’ve been pretty vocal in the past about wanting Standiford. He’s great with player development and a hell of a guy. Also knows how to recruit and gets professional talent to Tabor. Hooper would have been awesome too. I’m excited for whoever it is to be named officially!
                            If the athletic department is wanting to make a big splash and put the past behind them and the fans ASAP, Wedge would be it.

I'm good with any of the 3. Each has their strengths and weaknesses.

Comment

I think we could get Hooper as an Assistant and still pay him as much as he makes now. Either way, I think that would be a great long term move for Hooper as I don't see Wedge coaching for over 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X