No announcement yet.

AAC Tournament Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough loss for the Shocks. If you had told me they would put up 7-runs against UConn in a game with Mason Feole starting I would have thought the Shockers would be golden. Unfortunately, it did not work out that way.

As WuDrWu mentioned above the kids are giving great effort.

Shocks get another shot at ECU tomorrow at 2;00 p.m. in a do or done game for the Shocks. ECU will still be playing baseball win or lose

Comment

Why will ECU still be playing if they lose tomorrow?

Comment

• OregonShocker
        OregonShocker commented
        Editing a comment
        They'll get an NCAA tourney bid

• 1972Shocker
        1972Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        Because they are a lock for the NCAA Tournament.

If the Shocks lose tomorrow they are done for this year.

Much props to your guys. Quality bats and some really great defensive plays. Very talented roster.

Loved the interview with Gene. Total treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
        Much props to your guys. Quality bats and some really great defensive plays. Very talented roster.

Better and more deserving team won. Hope you guys take the crown and represent well in regionals.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
          UCONN_Husky commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks bud. <3

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post

What do you think? Has UConn punched its ticket to the NCAA with these 2 tournament wins? Most likely yes, but 1 more win should make it a lock I would think.

Comment

• UCONN_Husky
          UCONN_Husky commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought we were a lock at 2-2 in the AAC tourney so I think we're good now. The regional will be all about match-ups. I think we could possibly win one vs a 9-16 seed, but not so much vs a 1-8 seed. We usually have shut down pitching, but it's been very shaky this year.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Wish more were giving the kids credit for battling their tails off lately. Let’s go Shocks!
        There are very few fans that are emotionally bought in. That is the state of the program.

Comment

• WuDrWu
          WuDrWu commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I know. I’m there every game and see the lack of support first hand. And I understand it. Everyone loves supporting a winner. I’m NOT calling out you SB. I know most here are good fans even though a few are all talk. You have to win to get the masses and we aren’t doing that enough.

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't believe it's quite that simple, WuDrWu. Butler and the athletic department set this all up with Butler's high price and lengthy contract. The higher the price tag, the greater (and sooner) the expectation (same thing happened to Gene with his top 10 salary and lack of at-large worthy ball plus "other things"). Butler was also an outsider. I'm sure that gave him less slack with the fans whether they were Gene backers or otherwise.

• ShockerFever
          ShockerFever commented
          Editing a comment
          Doing that enough? Well considering Butler is losing more games than he’s winning, I’d say he’s not doing that AT ALL.

Some are all talk? Like who? What does that even mean? I’d say anybody who checks in on this forum daily is probably a pretty good fan. What some fans don’t realize is that they are wanting the program to be good long term and in the future and one random week doesn’t mean a thing in the big picture, unless you’re a low major and this is what your season comes down to every year.

I assume the Shocks will go with either Liam Eddy or Connery Peters today. Neither had great outings agains ECU during the regular season but I think both are capable of pitching well on any given day. I guess the Shocks might do a Johnny Wholestaff thing and split the game up although I don't see that happening unless the flow of the game dictates it.

I would expect that ECU will go with sophomore lefty Jake Kuchmaner. Kuchmaner has made 14 apperances including 12 starts and is 6-1 with and ERA of 2.12, an oppenents batting average of .178 and a WHIP of 0.92. Those are some pretty impressive stats. In his regular season start agaisnt the Shocks he went 6.2 innings giving up only 1 unearned run on 6 hits (all singles).

Comment

Looks like it is indeed LIam Eddy for the Shocks and Jake Kuchmaner for the Pirates.

Shockers are the home team in this game.

Hard to believe the Shockers could end up 3-2 against ECU this year but that outcome is in play.
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 24, 2019, 02:03 PM.

Comment

Good start for LIam. ECU down in order in the 1st.

Comment

• KFH. --. WTF?

Radio. Com
              Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• ECU strands two in the top of the 2nd. They're doing ECU things, though, extending ABs and battling. Liam has thrown 51 pitches already.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Two-out rally with three straight singles plates Katzfey. Ritter HBP. O'Brien GRAND SLAM. 5-0 good guys.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• In the bottom of the 2nd the Shocks get 3 consecutive 2-out singles to take a 1-0 lead. Luke Ritter was hit by a pitch to load the bases and Mason O'Brien belted a no-doubter over the right field wall and the Shocker are up 5-0.

Comment

• I'm sorry, but that ECU middle infielder's hair is just gross. No place for that. Sucks.

Comment

• Now the video stream has died.
                        Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

Working...
                        X