X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockers - Fall Ball 2018

Word is Butler is going 100% into a competitive fall schedule to really test the guys and prepare them for Spring 2019. Looks like they will play SEC and Big Ten teams. It will be great seeing these guys compete. I am looking forward to seeing the schedule and hope to catch a game in Texas.

Apparently new NCAA rules allow teams to play 2 exhibition games in the fall. Reportedly one of those games for the Shockers will be at Arkansas although not officially announced or confirmed yet.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2...eball-exhibit/

Comment

October 5 is the Friday before we play Alabama in Football. Could be a good crowd on hand.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog View Post
        October 5 is the Friday before we get trounced by Alabama in Football. Could be a good crowd on hand.
        *fixed*

T

Comment

• CharlieHog
          CharlieHog commented
          Editing a comment
          That's my expectation as well. haha

The trouncing Arkansas is gonna unleash on us may be by a similar score, something like 17-3 maybe?

Gee, I wonder why we didn't schedule any home exhibition games? Because there would be more fleas present than people in seats?
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• txkidsports
          txkidsports commented
          Editing a comment
          Every season is different and the last one from a cumulative perspective was great. It should be expected to have challenges in year 1 when going into a bigger conference.

The boys will learn a lot with these two big exhibition competitors and get battle tested for the spring. At the end of the day, the spring is really what it's all about.
      Working...
      X