No announcement yet.

Recruiting - Class of 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed going through Ryne's twitter that Casey Day from Kirkwood CC has also signed. Anything been mentioned about him?

Comment

Weird. I've got him on my list, but neglected to post about him. He's a 6-2, 195 RHP from Ely, IA (Prairie HS, Kirkwood CC). Had a 7.66 ERA in 9 appearances with one start. He had 33Ks against 19 walks. He did give up 4 jacks -- but three of those came in a brutal March appearance in which he gave up 5 hits and 6 runs in just 2/3 of an inning.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thought we might have had an announcement on the 2020 recruiting class by now. Perhaps HCEW prefers to wait until the end of the signing period for baseball which runs continuously from November 13, 2019 through August 1, 2020.

Comment

Has anyone heard anything about Reidelberger kid? I heard he hits a ton and moving him to 3 base.

Comment

Shockers picked up a 2020 verbal from Jalon Mack, a 6-0 190 lb. middle infielder from Jesuit College Prep School in Dallas who was recently named Top Prospect at the Texas Senior Games. He's rated PG9 by Perfect Game. Was also named a "Baseball America Player to Watch" last year.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Looks like a great player

Comment

https://twitter.com/sportsinkansas/s...022599169?s=20 - Info on Jace Kaminska

Comment

I like this kid already

Comment

Two new 2020 names today.

Shocks get a commit from Jaxon Osterberg, a 5-9, 156lb OF from Southlake Carroll HS in Dallas. 8.5 PG Rating. Southlake Carroll was the preseason #5 ranked team nationally going into the season that never was.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=405229

Also, a commit from Christian Clack, a 6-3, 165lb LHP from Tulsa Edison Prep. HM “All World” (Tulsa area) and as a junior.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=539539
                    Last edited by Wuzee; March 23, 2020, 01:33 PM.

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                      Two new 2020 names today.

Also, a commit from Christian Clack, a 6-3, 165lb LHP from Tulsa Edison Prep. HM “All World” (Tulsa area) and as a junior.

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/...aspx?ID=539539
                      Christian Clack seems to be recruited on potential more than his current talent. Could he be on RICK Wrona’s summer team? Trusted Connections perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Christian Clack seems to be recruited on potential more than his current talent. Could he be on RICK Wrona’s summer team? Trusted Connections perhaps?
                        Both the Wrona brothers are at Sandlot. Their teams spend alot of time playing in Wichita in the Summer.

Comment

Jaxson wouldn't have gotten a sniff with the previous staff...but I really like everything about him from what I see. I'll take guys like this everyday and twice on the weekends. Welcome Mr Osterberg

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            Jaxson wouldn't have gotten a sniff with the previous staff...but I really like everything about him from what I see. I'll take guys like this everyday and twice on the weekends. Welcome Mr Osterberg
                            8.5 PG rating means that he has a possibility to be a low round MLB draft pick and excellent college baseball prospect. He appears to be a nice player immediately.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

8.5 PG rating means that he has a possibility to be a low round MLB draft pick and excellent college baseball prospect. He appears to be a nice player immediately.
                              I saw that and we have had a bunch of those types in the past. Wondering if this staff prefers these guys rather than the higher draft types where you have to wait to see if they sign with a pro team all the way up to the first day of class. Or has MLB changed that recently.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                Which part do you like most about him from what you see? The part where he did not take the field at Southlake Carroll this spring, guessing injury..or the part where he hit .239 as a junior when he did take the field..seems to be a roster filler...

Comment

Working...
                                X