WSU @ Oklahoma State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSU @ Oklahoma State

Preston Snavely will get another start on the mound. OSU has yet to announce a starter. Should be a nice evening in Stillwater with temps in the upper 60's around first pitch with 10-15 mph wind.

Game is on FCS. Anyone know if this will be shown on Cox?

OSU enters at 18-11-1 (7-2) after completing a road sweep of KSU yesterday (originally scheduled for Friday but PPD due to weather) and an RPI of 31. The Pokes have rebounded from a relatively slow start to the season and appear headed for another regional bid.

Very difficult road matchup against a good team - this will be the Shocks' 9th game on the season against Top 50 competition (we are 4-4 so far), and the 7th such matchup on the road. The Shockers have the edge in aggregate hitting and pitching categories but OSU certainly carries a hot hand heading into tonight's contest. Hopefully Preston's control is good this evening, we could really use a 5+ inning mid-week effort from a starter (we have not seen one longer than 3.2 IP since March 6 against SIU-E, though there have been some pre-determined splits during that time frame as well).

Should be a fun game. Go Shocks!

Comment

2265 on Cox.

Comment

• WuDrWu
        WuDrWu commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe 608 on DirecTv but don't hold me to that.

I have half a mind to drive down there.

Comment

A 3-1 week sure would be nice. As it stands right now (lots can still change) these are the 2 highest-rated teams remaining on the schedule. Piling up 3 wins would move WSU into a more comfortable top-half position in the league(or better) and start adding some serious meat to the already decent beginnings of an at-large resume. 3-1 sounds like a tall order, but if you wanna be there at the end you have to accomplish some tall orders at some point. 3 home games makes it seem both more reasonable and imperative.

Gametime listed as 6PM

Go Shox

Comment

Originally posted by SPEShockAlum View Post
          I have half a mind to drive down there.
          . . . and the other half?

Comment

When people start getting hopeful, it seems disappointment is almost inevitable with this staff now.

I know I’m the wet blanket here but I’m gonna go with a realistic approach to tonight and expect a loss, with an outside chance of it being a non-competitive type loss. Hope I’m wrong.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shockm
              Shockm commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL Fever

These are your words and your thesis
              "Wet blanket", "Realistic approach", "expect a loss", "outside chance of it being a non-competitive type loss", "Hope I'm wrong".
              Results: We are 22-7 with one non-competitive loss.

1. That means you've been wrong 22 times
              2. That means you've been right 7 times.

Are you really using a "Realistic Approach"?

Now for a full release of information, I too have been waiting for this team to prove that they belong as a Top 20 ranked RPI Team, and for the weather to improve so that I can enjoy going to the baseball games. I probably need to go to the next game that the weather is good. It appears that odds are that we will win from past performances this year, but I have gone to games in past years, thinking we will win and have walked away disappointed. So there are no guarantees.

Keep preaching the disappointment routine, but it appears that logic may not be with you anymore. However, with every loss (7 times), you can say "i told you so" and with every win (22 times), you can say "Boy I'm glad to be wrong". Maybe you are the reason we are winning for now.

• Play Angry
              Play Angry commented
              Editing a comment
              Tough game on the road against a Top 50 team - we very well might lose, it's pretty much a coinflip from a predictive standpoint.

That said, gotta hop on board eventually and enjoy (and i mean really enjoy) the wins during what is looking like a very impressive turnaround season which could culminate in an at-large bid. We've been varying degrees of unimpressive for a decade and being in contention for an at-large (or even hosting) is something we've all yearned for during that period - we're now more than 50% of the way finished with a season which is pointed in that direction, and it'd be a shame to miss out while predicting and waiting for the team to revert to the poor performance of prior seasons.

It's been a fun year so far. Let's get a big road win tonight.

• ShockerFever
              ShockerFever commented
              Editing a comment
              Shockm,

Have I predicted that we'd lose every game? Way to steer away from logic with your first point.

Just one time would I like to see them win a meaningful midweek road game. That lack of performance is well documented. Go ahead and look back throughout the years.

OSU strikes out the side in order in the 1st.

Let's see what Preston's got this evening.

Comment

3 strikeouts for us, 5 balls to start the order for them.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                OSU strikes out the side in order in the 1st.

Let's see what Preston's got this evening.
                Not much from the look of things. Bases juiced, nobody out on a couple walks and dinker to center.

Poor control plagues Preston again.

Comment

Pop up to Boyer for out #1. Pitcher's best friend would be nice here.

Comment

Snavely looks like a good candidate to transfer to NAIA school here in Kansas.

Comment

Sac fly to left plates the first run of the game, 1-0 OSU. Runners still on 1st and 2nd with 2 outs.

Comment

HBP loads em up. Big at bat here.

Comment

I mean how does a kid come out that bad? lol

Played the exact same team a week ago.

It must be that gosh darn intimidating OSU atmosphere.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                          X