Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shocks Host Oklahoma State (Moved to Wednesday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd say very good job by Lungwitz. Gotta keep scoring

Comment

Dugas was safe there.

Comment

He was safe the next time up as well. Way to deliver Dayton.

Comment

7-5 bottom 8. Top of the order up for WSU

Comment

Shockers win! Sanburn strikes out final 2 batters to close out the game.

Comment

Nice win for the Shockers! Good to see the offense convert with RISP

Comment

Really nice bounce back win against a red hot OSU squad.

Comment

Great mid-week win, don't you agree Fev? :wink-new:

Comment

Good win Shocks. Maybe not the prettiest game but you win and you move on. Speaking of moving Kennedy said Tulane will be in tomorrow around noon. MIght want to get one or even two in tomorrow than finish up on Sunday.

Comment

Nice midweek win. Good to get right back in the W column after a disappointing end to the weekend.

Comment

Good win!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                          Great mid-week win, don't you agree Fev? :wink-new:
                          It was a good win. They sure like to live dangerously and don't like to make things easy. But yes, a win is better than a loss.

Need a sweep this weekend to get back into the conference race.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Great win and probably another game last year's team would have blown. This team continues to bend but not break which is the sign of a team that can be very successful!

Did anyone else think it was an extremely odd coaching decision for OSU to bring in a pitcher who had only pitched one inning all year, only his 2nd D1 appearance ever, to face the heart of the order (4, 5, 6, ..) in the bottom of the 7th in a tie game? Not to mention bringing in a lefty to face 4 straight batters from the right side? Maybe their bullpen was just spent from the weekend?

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                              1972Shocker commented
                              Editing a comment
                              That was a bit odd but OSU's ptiching staff is a little thin. Kennedy said before the game they had 3 guys on the shelf that they were counting on this year. I think one has been out all year and the other two sustained injuries this season.

RPI sits at 6 following the win, OSU's is 49.

WSU improves to 4-4 vs. Top 50 teams, with 6 of those 8 games being road contests.

Comment

Dayton Dugas is 13 for 36 (with just 5 strikeouts) over his last 10 games, raising his average from .209 to .278 during that period. His last couple bombs have been absolute jacks and he is really in the zone - happy to see him have some success as it looks like the early season adjustments previously discussed have done wonders for his contact rate.

Last night was a lot of fun - beating OSU in baseball will always add a little extra magic for this Shockers fan. I know the weather is projected to once again be disgusting this weekend but hopefully some extra folks will get out their long johns and support these guys - this is the best team we've had in quite a while and they certainly deserve it.

Go Shocks!

Comment

• WuDrWu
                                WuDrWu commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I wish I had numbers to back this up, but I would speculate that Dayton is just as unselective as he's been the prior 2 seasons, maybe even more free swinging. He's just not missing as much. With Grey really struggling at the plate right now (his swings last night were troubling to say the least) it certainly helps to have Dugas hitting as good as he ever has in a Shocker uniform. These guys are a lot of fun to watch right now.

• shockfan89_
                                shockfan89_ commented
                                Editing a comment
                                I think Jenista needs to move down in the order and see if he can take some pressure off of himself. He had two good games in a row (Sunday against Furman and at Central Arkansas) where he was a combined 5 for 7. Excluding those two games, he is 6 for 39 (.153) in the last 14 games.
                            Working...
                            X