No announcement yet.

#18 Wichita State @ #16 East Carolina, 3 Game Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our athletic department should take the bull by the horns and run a blue light special on ticket packages for the balance of the season and feature it on Twitter, GoShockers and the Facebook page. Understandable if they don't want to cut prices to piss off those of us who continued to renew heading into this season, but offer the same per game price pro rated based on the number of games remaining on the schedule (or whatever similar convention makes sense).

I've been in for my couple of seats since moving and donate them to a non-profit every season. I tried calling this afternoon to see what a couple more would run for the balance of the year for my dad, and the only options were (i) a GA punch pass for 20 games (we have 18 home games remaining), (ii) season tickets at the same price you'd pay prior to the season (meaning 18 games for the price of 32), or (iii) buy what I want piecemeal online for the remaining slate.

I get that it's a pain in the ass request from an administrative standpoint, but our butts-in-seats attendance has been complete dogshit for some time and you'd think they might throw you a bone to up the turnstyle clicks by a percent or two.

If we take another game this weekend there will be a lot of folks looking to hop back on the bandwagon. Hopefully the AD realizes there's some silver in it for them and starts cranking the creative juices.

Comment

• WheatShock
      WheatShock commented
      Editing a comment
      The fact that they won't prorate a season ticket package is just lazy on their part. Most organizations would be happy to sell extra tickets and wouldn't care if it was a partial season as long as they had unsold seats. I bought Thunder season tickets several games into the season when I moved back to Wichita a few years ago and they were more that happy to sell me a prorated package.

• Play Angry
      Play Angry commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. Gotta have a salesman mindset instead of a cashier for that to happen though, and it's easier to just say "price is what the sticker says, take it or leave it." Nevermind that the shelf life is dwindling every day and you've got boxes of the same stuff in the back.

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    Our athletic department should take the bull by the horns and run a blue light special on ticket packages for the balance of the season and feature it on Twitter, GoShockers and the Facebook page. Understandable if they don't want to cut prices to piss off those of us who continued to renew heading into this season, but offer the same per game price pro rated based on the number of games remaining on the schedule (or whatever similar convention makes sense).

I've been in for my couple of seats since moving and donate them to a non-profit every season. I tried calling this afternoon to see what a couple more would run for the balance of the year for my dad, and the only options were (i) a GA punch pass for 20 games (we have 18 home games remaining), (ii) season tickets at the same price you'd pay prior to the season (meaning 18 games for the price of 32), or (iii) buy what I want piecemeal online for the remaining slate.

I get that it's a pain in the ass request from an administrative standpoint, but our butts-in-seats attendance has been complete dogshit for some time and you'd think they might throw you a bone to up the turnstyle clicks by a percent or two.

If we take another game this weekend there will be a lot of folks looking to hop back on the bandwagon. Hopefully the AD realizes there's some silver in it for them and starts cranking the creative juices.
    Not enough "like" click options for this post.

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
    I've been in for my couple of seats since moving and donate them to a non-profit every season.
    Very well done Sir. Not enough PlayAngry s in this world.

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

I hope so, but something tells me there are still far too many that either don't want to (Gene or otherwise) or don't believe (Fever et al). Sadly, the forecast is lousy for OSU and Tulane both right now although that could change. There will be 9 of 10 at home, and it sure would be helpful if we could get some decent weather to go with the more than decent team and build some fan momentum.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
      1972Shocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Better weather would help a lot. Sure wouldn't hurt.

Our athletic department should take the bull by the horns and run a blue light special on ticket packages for the balance of the season and feature it on Twitter, GoShockers and the Facebook page. Understandable if they don't want to cut prices to piss off those of us who continued to renew heading into this season, but offer the same per game price pro rated based on the number of games remaining on the schedule (or whatever similar convention makes sense).

Excellent on your part; whole lot of FAIL on the greedy ass athletic department.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Excellent on your part; whole lot of FAIL on the greedy ass athletic department.
      I don't have a problem with the 'greed,' I'm just not sure they have been hitting the right spot on the supply/demand curve. And that goes back to the time the place was rebuilt. Going to make a lot more money off 4k people with $5 tickets buying beer and hot dogs than 1500 people with $10 tickets buying beer and hots dogs. Atmosphere would be a lot more fun, too. But, I suppose this deserves its own thread. Or to at least not clutter up what is currently and hopefully will remain a really fun thread.

Throwing it back to the topic at hand: Reading the take of ECU fans is fun. Pretty much all they know about WSU baseball (other than there is some history of a quality program) is what they saw last night. To hear them tell it, you'd think it was 1998. https://247sports.com/college/east-c...rd-Forum-59438

Comment

• IMHO the prices should be $10/8/6 for the main grandstand reserved seats, and $5 for the aluminum bleachers and the hill (GA). Do an experiment and have a few GA buy-in nights like the Wingnuts and Thunder have. See what impact that makes on concession sales. I know when my family goes to those free admission games I am quite a bit more generous with my wallet on concessions. Oh, and make concession prices more reasonable, and see if there is a reaction in sales.

It was fun watching us beat the tar our of a ranked foe last night!
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• In recent years the bulk of he crowd seems to be on the hill. Since that is where the demand for seating is perhaps those prices need to be raised and the grandstand prices reduced.

Comment

• Don't forget the 10-game mini-packs at $79, $69 and $59. These are vouchers for various seating options that you can use for 10 individual games, 10 tickets to one game or anything in between. I'll probably go with that.

Comment

• SPEShockAlum
              SPEShockAlum commented
              Editing a comment
              PlayAngry, yes. I called them and spoke to them yesterday about this. In fact, that was his recommendation which tells me they weren't being all that selfish.

• Cdizzle
              Cdizzle commented
              Editing a comment
              Woof. We need some improvements in the ticket office, methinks. That's a decent deal someone like me might consider. I like the punchpass/voucher things because I rarely know when I'm going to be able to make it to a baseball game, or how many will be in my party.

• Play Angry
              Play Angry commented
              Editing a comment
              Great, I will try again. Sounds like you had a more informed contact than I did.

• Weather.com predicts 70 degrees at first pitch with a 9 mph breeze. Pretty close to perfect weather, I bet there will be a good crowd on hand this evening.

Comment

Weather.com predicts 70 degrees at first pitch with a 9 mph breeze. Pretty close to perfect weather, I bet there will be a good crowd on hand this evening.
              Hopefully that means the number of believers in WSU grows.....including some of us bashing away at keyboards.

Fun stuff that hasn't been worth looking at for like 10 years:

BA(.293): 37
              HR(30): 18
              HR\game(1.3): 12
              Runs\game(7.1): 35
              Slg%(.474): 19

ERA(3.19): 33
              Hits Allowed per 9(6.47): 3
              K\BB(2.8): 28
              K\9(10.1): 16
              WHIP(1.12): 5

Field%(.978): 26

Win%(.826): 4

Whenyou look at the offensive numbers, I think you could see 3 likely scenarios for the rest of the season:
              (1) Things stay about the same. Great power, maybe should be getting a few more runs from that overall,
              (2) Power dries up and things get pretty tough offensively,
              (3) Find maybe 1 guy that starts getting on base a lot more and run production skyrockets.

Right now, my bet is on Vickers basically providing #3. I think the lineup is really close to reaching a tipping point where a Ryan Jones emerges.

Comment

Weather.com predicts 70 degrees at first pitch with a 9 mph breeze. Pretty close to perfect weather, I bet there will be a good crowd on hand this evening.
                It was fun to hear the roar of the crowd early in the game when things were not out of hand - tells me there are fans that actually care and that it was a worthwhile matchup.

Comment

• Wind direction blowing out to right again per Mike and Shane, though gentler than yesterday.

ECU's regular SS is banged up and will sit tonight.

Comment

• Regional bids must be submitted early next week and WSU will send one in, per Shane.

Comment

• Bohm plunked in the middle of the back with 2 out nobody on. Bush league.

Both teams warned, which I've always hated.
                      Last edited by Cdizzle; March 30, 2018, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• Then Eddy hits a guy in the leg and he's made to stay at home plate. This one is going to get wild.

Comment

• Game is getting surly (mike expression)!

Comment

Working...
                          X