No announcement yet.

#26 WSU vs. Furman, 3 Game Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So for the Paladins it's one run on, let's see one hit.

Is that all they got, one *** damn hit? (Yeah I know they got a 2nd in the ninth but I figure we don't get another one this close)

I know I can't say *** damn on this forum.....but I'm not going to worry about it, nobody is listening anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Is that all they got, one *** damn hit? (Yeah I know they got a 2nd in the ninth but I figure we don't get another one this close)

I know I can't say *** damn on this forum.....but I'm not going to worry about it, nobody is listening anyway.
      Love that movie. Nicely done Doc.

The team is taking care of business, which is something they didn't do last year. I can be happy about that. I still am holding back until I see them play more on the road, which of course, was one of the big downfalls last year and really in the ButlerBall era.

Pitching is starting to trend.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Very business like performance tonight. They executed in the 7th when they broke the game open and the pitching was solid if unspectacular. Walked too many (6) but good swing and miss stuff with the 16Ks.

No Dugas tonight but freshmen Gibson and Kocis had nice accounting of themselves. I don't know what the ceiling is for this team, but I am enjoying watching them play this year. It's fun to be at the yard again.

Comment

solid effort all around.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Comment

how did the jenista and bohm do today?

Comment

• WuDrWu
                WuDrWu commented
                Editing a comment
                Grey was 1-3 with a walk, a HBP and a run scored. Furman was extra careful to him. Alec was 2-4 with a walk, 2 runs scored, 1 rbi and made a couple of very nice plays at 3rd. In addition, the 2 of them executed a double steal perfectly that lead to the early runs.

The good thing to see was Luke Ritter going 3 for 5 from the leadoff spot and Trey Vickers back playing.

Comment

Freshman Paxton Wallace and the Shockers lead 2-0 after 1.

Comment

Now 8-0 as the Shocker offense carries over the momentum from the last few innings last night.

Comment

We look terrific so far in these first 2 games. Hope we save some for tomorrow as well.

Comment

Liam Eddy is done after cruising through 6 innings lowering his ERA to 1.57 for the year. Fellow freshman Tyler Davis on in releif.

Comment

Dayton reaches safely to open the Shocker 7th on an error but it was largely due to him busting his rear running out a ground ball to SS. Those are the kind of little things that can make a difference over the course of a season. Dayton deserves an atta boy for that one.

Comment

Shocks win 14-3.

A little shakiness from the very back end of the bullpen in the 8th but otherwise an excellent effort from the Shocker hitters and hurlers.

Let's get the sweep tomorrow.

Comment

Another nice win today. Looks like a we’ve got some promising young bats waiting in the wings. Wallace, Kocis, Gibson and Cadena all can rake.
                            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Eddy was solid. Hitters getting their heads straight. Improved team Bavg from 0.268 to 0.283. Need to complete the sweep tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                              X