Shocks Are Set For Two Midweek Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks Are Set For Two Midweek Games

The Shocks will play SIU-Edwardsville (4-5) at 2:00 pm on Tuesday at Eck Stadium and ORU (6-3) at 3:00 pm on Wednesday in Tulsa as they start into playing 4 and occasionally 5 games a week.

SIU-E and ORU played a 3-game series in Tulsa this past weekend with SIU-E taking 2 out of 3.

HCTB mentioned on his Monday radio show that Preston Snavely and Keylan Kilgore will get the starts.

He also said Chase Sanburn would be moving to the closer role based on the stuff he showed agaisnt Nebraska. A good move I think.

Chase was also on the Monday Radio Show and did a very good job.

HCTB mentioned that they are being very careful with Alex Segal and Cody Tyler and won't be rushing those guys back.

GoShocker Game Notes
    Starts
    March 6, 2018
    Ends
    March 6, 2018
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 5, 2018, 08:57 PM.

ORU has given us fits for 15 years, I always have a sense of dread when we play them. Hopefully Johnny Wholestaff brings his A game today and tomorrow.

Comment

• Shox The Revenant
      Shox The Revenant commented
      Editing a comment
      Since 2007, we are only 12 - 13 against ORU. Head scratching indeed.

SIU-E took 2 of 3 against Oral Roberts this past weekend. This week will be telling.

Edit: I now see my obvious post embedded within the summary above. I'm....... an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      The Shocks will play SIU-Edwardsville (4-5) at 2:00 pm on Tuesday at Eck Stadium and ORU (6-3) at 3:00 pm on Wednesday in Tulsa as they start into playing 4 and occasionally 5 games a week.

SIU-E and ORU played a 3-game series in Tulsa this past weekend with SIU-E taking 2 out of 3.

HCTB mentioned on his Monday radio show that Preston Snavely and Keylan Kilgore will get the starts.

He also said Chase Sanburn would be moving to the closer role based on the stuff he showed agaisnt Nebraska. A good move I think.

Chase was also on the Monday Radio Show and did a very good job.

HCTB mentioned that they are being very careful with Alex Segal and Cody Tyler and won't be rushing those guys back.

GoShocker Game Notes
      Moving Chandler to closer is a great move. He's also a closer with legs, meaning we could go to him in the 8th instead of the ninth.

I was very impressed with Tyler Davis, too. Struck out two and forced a weak bouncer to first in a nice tidy 14 pitch inning. They were not getting good looks against him and I think we win Sunday if he stays in for the 9th.

Brutal day for fielders today with 30+ MPH winds blowing left to right. Maybe our left-handed power (Jenista and O'Brien) can take advantage and bounce one off the Welcome Center.
      “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post

Moving Chandler to closer is a great move. He's also a closer with legs, meaning we could go to him in the 8th instead of the ninth.

I was very impressed with Tyler Davis, too. Struck out two and forced a weak bouncer to first in a nice tidy 14 pitch inning. They were not getting good looks against him and I think we win Sunday if he stays in for the 9th.

Brutal day for fielders today with 30+ MPH winds blowing left to right. Maybe our left-handed power (Jenista and O'Brien) can take advantage and bounce one off the Welcome Center.
        I agree on both Chandler and Tyler. Maybe they should put Tommy back into the mid-week starting assingment so if he gives up the long ball we still have time to recover. I guess we'll see how it goes today and tomorrow for Preston and Keylan. If they are good than Tommy can be a one-time through the lineup (maximum) middle relief guy.

I wouldn't rule out Bohm taking advantage of the wind to right with pitches that find the outer half of the plate. He has more than enough power to drive the ball to the opposite field.

Comment

Oops
          Last edited by Downtown Shocker Brown; March 6, 2018, 01:29 PM. Reason: Oops.

Comment

I believe ^ was intended for another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
              I believe ^ was intended for another thread.
              You would be correct.

Comment

This will be Preston's first career start - not sure how far they'll feel comfortable stretching him since he's only thrown 2.1 innings this year. My guess is 3 innings would be a likely target, and anything beyond that would be gravy. Will also be interesting to see who the early options are out of the pen as the first choice will probably get an opportunity to go a similar distance as today's starter. Hopefully our pitchers can keep the ball down in the zone, as I'm sure this was a point of emphasis following Sunday's implosion.

I always enjoy listening to some afternoon baseball at the office. Go Shocks!

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  My guess is his pitch count will be more determinative of how far he goes. My guess is they would like to get 5 innings out of him depending on his pitch count (maybe even 6). Remember we have another game tomrrow and a series this weekend to distribute

Love early-season listening at work.

Hope for some solid (read non-meltdown) pitching performances, and for the offense to carry us. I feel like that's going to have to be the mid-week recipe this season.

I'm intrigued by O'Brien as a 3rd bat.

Comment

Dont forget you can watch for $89/calendar year.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Does it actually work reliably now? I had ShockerVision once upon a time.

• Play Angry
                    Play Angry commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I've been using the $14.95 monthly plan so far this baseball season with good results. Occasionally the sound will get bumped for a half inning but so far it's been restored reasonably quickly each time.

• Play Angry
                    Play Angry commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Of course as I type this there has been zero sound through the first half inning plus today.

lol that wind is brutal today, geez

Comment

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thats putting it lightly.

Preston pitches around a 2 out, 2 strike HBP to cruise through the 1st with 2 Ks on 18 pitches.

Comment

Getting picked off when Bohm is at bat is as dumb as the opposition pitching to Bohm.

Comment

Just returned from lunch. It's a nasty day. Good start for Preston.

Not wild about Dugas batting behind Bohm. Instead of Dugas (.229) in the 4-hole behind Alex I would prefer O'Brien (.345).

Comment

Working...
                      X