No announcement yet.

NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing surprising, just Self being implicated in text messages.

“Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Whoa!
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Love Gary Parrish's tone at the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Love Gary Parrish's tone at the end.
          Sports journalism needs more Gary Parrishes, and not because of that specifically.

Comment

• Parrish is a Memphis guy. You can't like him. Bad for your street cred.

Comment

• I can’t imagine Memphis will ever have anything to worry about because their program will be a model of virtue and transparency.

Comment

• Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                Parrish is a Memphis guy. You can't like him. Bad for your street cred.
                He’s actually a bit of a WSU/Marshall closet fanboy.

Comment

• I’m not sure how the ncaa ignores this...

Comment

• WstateU
                    WstateU commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yipes Stripes Beechnut Gum!

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                  The judge sure seems to be tossing out some pretty relevant evidence.
                  Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Also, forget John Smith. If I accuse a neighbor of stealing my golf clubs on Oct. 26th, and then during the trial a neighbor comes forth and says, 'Hey, I have a video tape of that same guy taking your lawnmower on Oct. 30th!' then you are saying the court won't allow that as evidence?

• jdshock
                    jdshock commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm just saying as a generality because I don't think any of us are well-versed in terms of the specific claims and the specific arguments for and against. In terms of your question regarding the lawnmower: that would probably be allowed for a variety of the topics concerning "getting into the weeds" that I mentioned. That shows motive on the date in question or access to your garage around the time the golf clubs went missing. But, if the neighbor says "I have a video tape of that same guy taking MY lawnmower," it's way less likely to come in. Or if the neighbor has video tape of him taking your lawnmower a year earlier, it's less likely to come in.

All of it is a gray area. You can't definitively say something is definitely relevant or definitely irrelevant, and the likelihood of it being relevant depends entirely on the allegations in the complaint. If it's strictly a wire fraud case, there is probably going to be a lot of shady stuff relating to recruiting that won't come in. Just my opinion, though.

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will also say that while the evidence that is being tossed out seems a little eye-opening, there may already be tons of evidence of a similar nature that was admitted that makes these additional pieces of evidence somewhat unimportant. I just don't know.
                Working...
                X