NBC News: "The FBI Has Arrested Several NCAA Assistant Basketball Coaches"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    South carolina player and Evans, does this implicate Frank Martin?
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Aw Shucks. UofL needs to thing outside the box. Someone that can entertain the fans while they rebuild the program. Barry Hinson comes to mind.
      They don't call him Long Tom for nothing...
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
        I disagree with that premise. Is Lebron underpaid? Yes. But it's because he is operating in players association that has decided it would rather the earnings of the league be more evenly distributed among it's membership.
        Sounds an awful lot like the NCAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
          South carolina player and Evans, does this implicate Frank Martin?
          Frank was an assistant under Huggy Bear in 2006-07 when K-State somehow managed to secure the services of Michael Beasley.

However, Beasley say Martin never paid him so everything is okay. Of course, Beasely didn't say he wasn't paid. Just that Martin didn't pay him.

But all must be well because I have seen Frank Martin's name tossed out as a candidate to replace Rick Pitino.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
            Sounds an awful lot like the NCAA.
            There's a player's association in the NCAA?

Comment

• Originally posted by RHshoxfan View Post
              The best thread is the one where posters think Louisville can land Brad Stevens.. hahahahahaha
              Part of that is an on-going joke with the head Card Chronicle writer....but some of it is wishful thinking as well....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                There's a player's association in the NCAA?
                Not as such, no. There is no union. But I find the narrative that these individuals are victims to be tiresome. Just because someone wants paid more doesn't mean the world is willing to pay them more.

If the NCAA vanished tomorrow, would more or less value be consumed by the current population of amateur collegiate athletes than they do today?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                  Not as such, no. There is no union. But I find the narrative that these individuals are victims to be tiresome. Just because someone wants paid more doesn't mean the world is willing to pay them more.

If the NCAA vanished tomorrow, would more or less value be consumed by the current population of amateur collegiate athletes than they do today?
                  I rarely disagree with you @Cdizzle. But you seem to be making the argument that if there was a free and unfettered market in college basketball or even one with some kind of salary cap negotiated by the "owners" and the players comparable to the NBA that teams would not be willing to pay these players more than the value of a scholarship. Perhaps that's true for a good portion of the NCAA D-1 teams but I don't see that being the case with most P-5 teams.

As far as your last point I think the size of the pie would remain about the same which would include whatever amount of money is circulating through the system under the table and off the official grid. However, I think the way the pie is sliced and diced could change signficantly. It is also possible that P-5 separates from the NCAA and the pie becomes more concentrated in their favor.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 27, 2017, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• gottlieb tweets that the best fit for louisville would be.. wait for it.. gregg marshall. yuck yuck tee hee

one of the most vocal shocker critics (shite conference, no talent, overrated talent) has been gottlieb. he's all about status quo p-5 (but oklahoma state is screwed.. see: fbi investigation).

gregg marshall and wichita state is the best fit. like, the best is yet to come.

Comment

• Gottlieb needs to see a doctor about that boner he has had for Marshall for years now. This close to the start of the season, and that chancre of a program? Not gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                        Gottlieb needs to see a doctor about that boner he has had for Marshall for years now. This close to the start of the season, and that chancre of a program? Not gonna happen.
                        maybe he's getting toxic and sweating and farting about his beloved cowboys (see: fbi investigation) and lashing out the only way he can.

marshall and wichita state is the perfect fit. no toxicity.

Comment

• I think HCGM likes playing in the NCAA tournament, so probably not going to be interested in University No. 6.

Comment

• IMG_0751.JPG

Comment

• Any ideas on what will happen with the other Universities ? Arizona ??? I'm sure Sean Miller is sweating it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by moshock View Post
                                Any ideas on what will happen with the other Universities ? Arizona ??? I'm sure Sean Miller is sweating it out.
                                Time to invest in textile companies.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X