Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
    Too few coahces recruit "character" for these guys to be "tainted."
    Agree. No one recruits a one-and-done to build character, just their personal resume.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
      No one will get the death penalty. How is this worse than UNC's academic scandal?
      I hope this is wrong. If THIS doesn't warrant the Death Penalty, then nothing will and having it is useless. But, it is just a hope for now. I have no faith in the NCAA who is probably a crooked as the agents and coaches involved here.

Comment

• Here is a thought. When the dust finally settles on this matter, the NCAA should sue Adidis for damages, fine the institutions hard for the violations and distribute the monies to the non-violating institutions. I know it wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things but it is a golden opportunity to make a statement to entities and institutions alike to quit f***ing with college athletics and to do things right.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
          Yeah, Louisville will probably have a tough time finding a good college coach. Tough break, you bastards.
          So, if they fire Pitino, which assistant gets promoted? The one not in prison?

Comment

• Either the FBI guy or the DA out of NYC mentioned something about signing false statements of amateur status.

If the FBI knows the players who got the money, those players should be permanently ineligible to play college ball. Any of those players de-commiting might not be a factor, unless the NCAA takes a year or 2 to do their own investigation to see if recruits violated their amateur status and then knowingly signed documents stating they hadn't.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
              Couldn't be. Not using the approved font.

But even if we assume it was sarcasm, which part was sarcastic:

"Thank you,coach, for your time. I appreciate it."

or,

"Thank you, coach, for your time. I appreciate it."
              You forgot:

"Thank you, coach, for your time. I appreciate it."

But I'm thinking, all the above.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boss1786 View Post
                Here is a thought. When the dust finally settles on this matter, the NCAA should sue Adidis for damages, fine the institutions hard for the violations and distribute the monies to the non-violating institutions. I know it wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things but it is a golden opportunity to make a statement to entities and institutions alike to quit f***ing with college athletics and to do things right.
                Uh on what grounds is the NCAA suing Adidas? Adidas has nothing to do with the NCAA or their rules. Adidas blame is solely legal due to them hiding payments and the tax practices involved with those payments. These companies have absolutely no obligation to the NCAA or to abide their rules. They can pay who ever they want, the only reason it is done under the table is to retain "amateur" status in order to allow them to continue to play college sports.

Comment

• Auburn refunding season tickets

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockCrazy View Post
                    Uh on what grounds is the NCAA suing Adidas? Adidas has nothing to do with the NCAA or their rules. Adidas blame is solely legal due to them hiding payments and the tax practices involved with those payments. These companies have absolutely no obligation to the NCAA or to abide their rules. They can pay who ever they want, the only reason it is done under the table is to retain "amateur" status in order to allow them to continue to play college sports.
                    I'm no lawyer, but perhaps Tortious Interference?

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      No one will get the death penalty. How is this worse than UNC's academic scandal?
                      I agree. I'm not expecting the death penalty for any programs. However, it is hard to imagine that Rick Pitino will be the only head coach to be shown the door. Bruce Pearl's job in particular would seem to be at risk.

Comment

It's a stretch, but tortious interference comes to mind - Tortious interference with business relationships occurs where the tortfeasor intentionally acts to prevent someone from successfully establishing or maintaining business relationships with others.

A tort of negligent interference occurs when one party's negligence damages the contractual or business relationship between others, causing economic harm

Comment

Does the NCAA have any aiding and abetting rules?

Comment

• A good article detailing the activities of Lamont Evans.

Comment

• Bruce Pearl came into Auburn under a show cause cloud. I guess he has shown cause.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                                So will these guys sit back a take the heat or will they Feds turn them into informants as well that may well broaden the reach of this situation.

Comment

Working...
                                X