No announcement yet.

Big 12 losing status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notre Dame moves to 2-5. They should move to the Big 12.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      Notre Dame moves to 2-5. They should move to the Big 12.
      Maybe all the Big 12 teams should go independent.

Comment

• Somehow I don't think Iowa State would be too excited about that, dizzle. What sort of revenue do you suppose The Cyclone Network would generate?

Truth be told, the same thing could be said about a lot of the teams from the 12-2. Just fill in the blank in regard to The _________ Network.

Comment

• Great read from Fox on the Big 12.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            I might add that Fox is a major TV partner with the B12. Looks like the B12 has pissed off the guys who are paying the bills.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• At least we can thank the Jayhawks for nudging us down a bit on one list you would rather not be on:

The loss only continued KU’s misery away from Memorial Stadium. It was the Jayhawks’ 38th straight road defeat, which is the second-longest streak all-time according to College Football Reference. KU passed Wichita State, which lost 37 consecutive road games from 1964-71.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                At least we can thank the Jayhawks for nudging us down a bit on one list you would rather not be on:

The loss only continued KU’s misery away from Memorial Stadium. It was the Jayhawks’ 38th straight road defeat, which is the second-longest streak all-time according to College Football Reference. KU passed Wichita State, which lost 37 consecutive road games from 1964-71.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

That is great.

I think if you guys restarted football tomorrow and kept Cessna Stadium as is, it would still be nicer than Memorial Stadium in Lawrence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  I might add that Fox is a major TV partner with the B12. Looks like the B12 has pissed off the guys who are paying the bills.
                  Exactly. When a writer on Fox Sports says the league is dead at the end of the GoR, the league is dead. Fox is pissed, ESPN is pissed. If you spent as much money as the networks did to keep the league together, only to see Jerry Springer like dysfunction, you anger them. When you spend as much as the networks did, schools like Texas need to look beyond what's just best for Texas. That pisses networks off. When a conference that was rescued by the networks decides to both hold a cattle call of second tier schools, to see whom they choose to invite, at the same time, ask the networks for more money, that pisses them off.

The GoR ends in 2025. That's nine years to get your act together. Nine years to come up with better options than the U of H. Nine years to get everyone on the same page. Nine years to become competitive. Nine years to make ammends to the networks that saved them. Nine years isn't much time. The rumored goal of realignment was to get to four superconferences. The Big 12 is the fifth of the four conferences, and they are lagging far behind the other four. The Big 12 is on death row, an execution date has been set and the conference is running out of appeals.

Comment

Kansas State beats Texas 24-21. Longhorn bowl eligibility in question.

Comment

• The four legged hamburgers just aren't up to snuff this year. Man, Notre Dame must be really bad.

Comment

• TOSU goes down to Sandusky U!

Comment

• I figured losing to Kansas would be the death knell for Strong at Texas. I didn't think it would happen the very next day.

ESPN reporting that Sterong is out. Texas AD saying they will evaluate the situation after the season is over. When you lose to Kansas, your season is pretty much over.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I figured losing to Kansas would be the death knell for Strong at Texas. I didn't think it would happen the very next day.

ESPN reporting that Sterong is out. Texas AD saying they will evaluate the situation after the season is over. When you lose to Kansas, your season is pretty much over.
                            He was gone anyway. They've not been subtle in their wooing of Tom Herman.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

I figured losing to Kansas would be the death knell for Strong at Texas. I didn't think it would happen the very next day.

Coming back from a trip to the San Antonio/New Braunfels area Saturday, an Oklahoma radio sports talk station mentioned the 10-7 halftime score (KU leading) and said "If Strong loses to the likes of KU today, he'll lose his job tomorrow".

Texas D-I schools pretty much took it on the chin this weekend. 4 wins and 8 losses with 2 of those Texas wins coming against 2 of those Texas losses. All the Big 12-2 Texas schools lost with a combined score of 163-58 or about 41-14 per game.

Comment

• What the ****? I'm in Wisconsin, Damn near Canada, so I'm not following football. We get done tonight and I'm catching up on the weekend and find out that Texas lost to Kansas???

Really?

Are you guys screwing with me?

Texas isn't bowl eligible because they lost to Kansas?

And Big 12 power runs through Austin?

All I can say is ****.

Comment

Working...
                                X