2015-16 NOMINATIONS: "Cone of Shame"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    That has to be a gross oversight. Not that it's an acceptable excuse.

If not, that's indefensible and more insulting than anything Doog Gooblieb has said over the last 2 years.
    That has been updated with Shockers at #8

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
      The letter doesn't prove anything happened. It only repeats the accusation. Did you even read the article I linked? The author has tried repeatedly, through every avenue to find photographic evidence or even a confirmation that anyone in authority saw it. And so far, none. Even if it did happen (I'm not saying it didn't, but without proof it's just an allegation), there's no way to know if it was done by someone trying to "rally the troops"; a false flag, if you will. These are college students we're talking about. Heck, even a J-school faculty member was trying to silence a student reporter and have them physically removed from the protest on public university property. There's a whole lot of stupid on that campus.
      Totally agree. What's more, I'm not clear on what the expectation was for the Mizzou President. Should he have implemented sensitivity training to all students and faculty? Should he have publicly denounced the alleged incidents without proof of them ever occurring? From now on the former president will be known as a racial-sympathizer, despite the fact he had nothing to do with the alleged issues. Scary precedent when a leader is forced to step down for something he didn't do, and when there's no unified view on what he should have done to address the situation.

Comment

Khan claims he's from Houston, but I think he's really from Ferguson MO, where he runs a rent-a-mob shop. Time for me to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
          Khan claims he's from Houston, but I think he's really from Ferguson MO, where he runs a rent-a-mob shop. Time for me to move on.
          Yes, it is time for you to move on. The cleaners called and said your hood is ready for the big cross burning tonight.

Comment

This thread is getting close to being nominated for the cone of shame...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
              Totally agree. What's more, I'm not clear on what the expectation was for the Mizzou President. Should he have implemented sensitivity training to all students and faculty? Should he have publicly denounced the alleged incidents without proof of them ever occurring? From now on the former president will be known as a racial-sympathizer, despite the fact he had nothing to do with the alleged issues. Scary precedent when a leader is forced to step down for something he didn't do, and when there's no unified view on what he should have done to address the situation.
              They lost all credibility with me with their initial demand that he "acknowledge his white privilege." Then the whole student/faculty pushing off the student reporter was ridiculous, if that's how the faculty and students conduct themselves I sure wouldn't want my kids going there.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what any of this has to do with Shocker basketball. Some of you seem to routinely forget where the political and/or off-topic forums are.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I'm trying to figure out what any of this has to do with Shocker basketball. Some of you seem to routinely forget where the political and/or off-topic forums are.
                  ShockerFever - Thread Policeman, at your service.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurley View Post
                    ShockerFever - Thread Policeman, at your service.
                    If you can answer this question with a satisfactory answer, then I'll shut up and move on:

WTF does the Mizzou racial crap have to do with Wichita State basketball?

Signed,
                    Waiting with baited breath.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

If you can answer this question with a satisfactory answer, then I'll shut up and move on:

Signed,
                      Perhaps "bated" was what you were going for?
                      The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Signed,
                        Sometimes you're allowed a sense of humor.

Comment

I would like to ask the moderators to move the 'Missouri' part of this thread over to the politics section, as I have a few more comments to add and I don't think the topic should be part of the cone of shame.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock View Post
                            Perhaps "bated" was what you were going for?
                            I'm glad their was someone out hear to help me out, 4 minutes after posting no less.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                              Looks to me like you ought to get your nose out of those RW newspapers..........

It even has the letter that was sent to the students!
                              That says essentially the same thing. I'd like to get more information, but nothing in either report linked has a person that actually saw it, period.

Comment

I'm glad their was someone out hear to help me out, 4 minutes after posting no less.
                                If the wrong spelling of "here" was intentional after the previous spelling correction, all I can say is well done, sir. Satire at a deep level. :)
                                The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Working...
                                X