SMU - To be sanctioned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMU - To be sanctioned?

The NCAA has banned the SMU men's basketball team from postseason play and has suspended coach Larry Brown for nine games during the upcoming season after finding multiple violations.

What can Brown do for you?

Comment

******* goofed in the original print of the article, indicating Brown would be suspended for 10% of games instead of 30%. Embarrassing when your bud spoon feeds you a scoop and you still can't get it right.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        What can Brown do for you?
        Do they have any Big Men commits that may have second thoughts? Have we been involved with those recruits?

Comment

Well that didn't take long.
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Damn...how bad does that suck If you're Nic Moore. He probably could be making money somewhere right now instead of playing for a team that can't play in the post-season. That or he could've at least transferred if he'd known sooner. I'm assuming it's too late to transfer now correct?
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              Damn...how bad does that suck If you're Nic Moore. He probably could be making money somewhere right now instead of playing for a team that can't play in the post-season. That or he could've at least transferred if he'd known sooner. I'm assuming it's too late to transfer now correct?
              I have a tough time finding sympathy for somebody like Moore in that situation. He bailed on the team he committed to so he could go play for a coach that has cheated literally everywhere he has ever been.

Comment

I just got back from taking an LB....what happened?

Comment

Pretty sure I just heard Bruce say he was so culpable it was palpable

Comment

Does this mean Jankovich is toast too? Or that he will now take over?

I mean, the MVC could sure use him back again :)

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I have a tough time finding sympathy for somebody like Moore in that situation. He bailed on the team he committed to so he could go play for a coach that has cheated literally everywhere he has ever been.
                      Good point. Hadn't really thought of it that way. Kind of like the kids that are committing to UNC right now. You know what's staring you in the face, but you do it anyway.
                      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I thought Moore was a great player and it was hard to watch him go. Illinois State lost an awful lot when he chose to transfer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          The NCAA will give a special waver given the circumstances so Nic can transfer to Kansas immediately.

It's only sarcasm until it happens...
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

SMU, you wanted so bad to make one of your high profile men's programs relevant again, chose to bring in a coach with a checkered college past. Now you'll have to deal with that decision. By the way, the NCAA moved pretty quickly on this one, how are they doing with North Carolina?

Comment

I'm taking this part of the article to mean the school is losing 3 scholarships per year for 3 years (3X3=9), correct?
                              "The basketball team also will lose nine scholarships over the next three years, although it was two below the limit this past season, so it can count those toward the nine. SMU also was placed on three years' probation."

Comment

Working...
                              X