Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    Grant and Ford?

Those guys have WSU connections. Anyone else I am missing?
    ******* rates 38 new head coaches. Here are two more of the thirty-eight.

Tennessee State
    Hire: Dana Ford -- He's just 29, but his résumé is impressive. He was on Gregg Marshall's staff at Wichita State and helped land Fred VanVleet, plus he spent the past two seasons as an associate head coach to Dan Muller at Illinois State. Ford was an assistant at Tennessee State under John Cooper from 2009 to 2011 and was the lead recruiter for former star forward Robert Covington. He has added former head coach Randy Peele and Pierre Jordan, who is well-connected in Atlanta, to his staff.
    Grade: B+

This is the only Grant in the listing.

Coppin State

Hire: Michael Grant -- He comes from a six-year stint as the head coach at Division II Stillman College, where he was 100-73. He was also the head coach at Southern University in the SWAC from 2003 to 2005 and had a 25-31 mark. However, he has no Baltimore ties -- and that will be tough to overcome.
    Grade: C
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
      ******* rates 38 new head coaches. Here are two more of the thirty-eight.

Tennessee State
      Hire: Dana Ford -- He's just 29, but his résumé is impressive. He was on Gregg Marshall's staff at Wichita State and helped land Fred VanVleet, plus he spent the past two seasons as an associate head coach to Dan Muller at Illinois State. Ford was an assistant at Tennessee State under John Cooper from 2009 to 2011 and was the lead recruiter for former star forward Robert Covington. He has added former head coach Randy Peele and Pierre Jordan, who is well-connected in Atlanta, to his staff.
      Grade: B+

This is the only Grant in the listing.

Coppin State

Hire: Michael Grant -- He comes from a six-year stint as the head coach at Division II Stillman College, where he was 100-73. He was also the head coach at Southern University in the SWAC from 2003 to 2005 and had a 25-31 mark. However, he has no Baltimore ties -- and that will be tough to overcome.
      Grade: C
      I would bet that Earl Grant wasn't included and was maybe forgotten about since he was such a late hire.
      78-65

Comment

Dana ford is an F hire. Jans should be an A.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22 View Post
          Dana ford is an F hire. Jans should be an A.
          Dana Ford is a good hire, especially for Tennessee State. Everything about that hire made sense. We can get in Marshall's camp all we want, but there is a reason Marshall kept hiring this guy. He's a great recruiter, and I think, will be a winner.

Comment

BG lost tough one to Kent State by the score of 81-80.

BG is 19-9, 11-6.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Is Chris Jans in line for the still occupied Texas job? I think he would be better than the incumbent.
              Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

BG lost tough one to Kent State by the score of 81-80.

BG is 19-9, 11-6.
                That's coming off an 11-20 (6-12) record last year. Pretty much the opposite of what you'd normally expect with a coaching change.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Fighting Jans-es up 4 on Buffalo in the 2nd half. This would be a great win for them and would give them a double bye in the MAC tourney.

Comment

crap... bowling green lost 77-75

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                      crap... bowling green lost 77-75
                      I thank for the post, but I do not like the post.

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I thank for the post, but I do not like the post.
                        :) :0

Comment

That MAC bracket is crazy.

Comment

The MAC has the strangest conference tournament bracket I've ever seen. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...can-tournament

With how close the conference was in terms of records, Jans really got the short end of the stick on this one.

Comment

Heard of a double by tournament, but this has a triple bye for the 1 and 2 seeds. Crazy.
                              Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                                The MAC has the strangest conference tournament bracket I've ever seen. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...can-tournament

With how close the conference was in terms of records, Jans really got the short end of the stick on this one.
                                Clearly the MAC has decided to give some big rewards for regular season play with their Top 2 seeds having triple-byes into the semi-finals. It also increases the odds that their best teams (at least the best over the entire conference schedule) will make the dance and not be left at the alter if they don't win the tournament. It may not be the best approach form a ticket sales standpoint but if definitely rewards regular season performance.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; March 9, 2015, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X