Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Flaming Burning Stinking & Predictable Disaster that is Creighton Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    I'd take a home and home with them every year.
    Why would we do a home and home series with a team that would hurt our RPI? ;)
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
      I have only two words for them.......TV ratings.

Dart games on FS-1 outdraw their so-called major bb conference.

Comment

• Originally posted by bunck View Post
        Hey, that certainly looks more entertaining than Creighton sports!

Comment

• Screw CU.

Go Valley!

Go Shocks!!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• If I recall correctly Marshall indicated his first season the phone was practically ringing off the hook with teams wanting to play them because they was in "rebuilding mode". As the team became stronger it became more difficult to schedule. Being popular with your potential opponents in not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

• Three on the way.............no.

Comment

• Hey, give him credit for one thing..."Wichita State is a lot better than us".

Boy do you have that right.

Comment

• Attention Bill Self: This is how you tell the truth. Try it sometime.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I still remember watching the end of McDermott's last game as a sCUm player. They got demolished in the Ncaa tournament by, I can't remember who, but all the Creighton players were literally balling their eyes out. Watching the scene unfold, I remember thinking to myself "they have no one coming in that's going to improve their team for Big East play. Ha!".. So the whole Creighton-Big East story is odd. They all knew after McDermott left the cabinet was pretty dry and they were all very, VERY weepy about the whole situation in that last game with McDermott on their roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                      I still remember watching the end of McDermott's last game as a sCUm player. They got demolished in the Ncaa tournament by, I can't remember who, but all the Creighton players were literally balling their eyes out. Watching the scene unfold, I remember thinking to myself "they have no one coming in that's going to improve their team for Big East play. Ha!".. So the whole Creighton-Big East story is odd. They all knew after McDermott left the cabinet was pretty dry and they were all very, VERY weepy about the whole situation in that last game with McDermott on their roster.
                      It was Baylor.

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                        I still remember watching the end of McDermott's last game as a sCUm player. They got demolished in the Ncaa tournament by, I can't remember who, but all the Creighton players were literally balling their eyes out. Watching the scene unfold, I remember thinking to myself "they have no one coming in that's going to improve their team for Big East play. Ha!".. So the whole Creighton-Big East story is odd. They all knew after McDermott left the cabinet was pretty dry and they were all very, VERY weepy about the whole situation in that last game with McDermott on their roster.
                        That game showed what happens when you rely on outscoring teams (Surburban HORSE, if you will) and don't play a lick of defense. If shots don't fall, you will get blasted. I seem to remember Wookie saying the same thing when he coached at UNI. "We play well when we shoot the basketball well." What happens when the shots don't fall? That's why I am glad that Gregg (and Mark too, for that matter, when he was here) always talks about defense and rebounding being priorities. You can't always control putting the ball in the hoop, but you can control the effort and energy required to defend and rebound.
                        78-65

Comment

• What I fear is that we will go a decade or so without playing Creighton, and then when we start playing them again, it just won't be the same. Once WSU stopped playing Tulsa, the rivalry really died. The heyday with Tulsa predates me a little, but many here can attest to absolute hatred for them. Tulsa is just another team to me. Someday, Creighton could be just another team that doesn't elicit any strong feelings. Don't get me wrong...I hated (and still hate) their stinkin' guts...but that mutual hatred made for some highly-anticipated and highly-entertaining basketball games. If this series doesn't start up sooner than later, it is going to be just another game, which is sad. College basketball is better when more of these kinds of exciting games are played, not less.
                          78-65

Comment

• There is a reason why the Omaha World Herald is writing about Creighton on March 20th, and it isn't about their post season preparation. It's about Wichita State being special, and that Creighton should schedule WSU. Yet the author states it's clear that Creighton is "High Major Status."

Does anyone in Omaha understand the definition of "major?" That's a serious question, because to me, High Major isn't being the subject of an article during the first weekend of the tournament and the focus is on your previous rival needing to be scheduled.

"The Wichita's and UNI's of the world" would **** kick Creighton so hard Greg McDermott would have an orifice where his gooch used to be.
                            ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• "Creighton has earned it's high-major status."

Ummm, how, exactly?

Must be those consistent high finishes in their new league . . . errr, nope. 50% isn't enough.
                              Maybe their history of making it to the 2nd weekend of the NCAA tournament . . . nope again.
                              Putting 16000 in their downtown arena game after game . . . yes, but that run may be over.

0.8 out of three ain't bad, but it ain't high-major either.

Comment

Working...
                              X