This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conner Francamp

1 min of pt vs. duke. It looks like minutes are going to be a tough get for the kid. Always room

Why is this in the WSU basketball forum? He has nothing to do with our team.

Personally, I disagree with your "always room" comment. In fact, I can't think of anyone I would trade from our 1 or 2 spot to get him.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

Personally, I disagree with your "always room" comment. In fact, I can't think of anyone I would trade from our 1 or 2 spot to get him.
      Gee, I don't know, he's a local 4*kid WSU recruited, WSU has had great success with transfers and do your "1 or 2 spot" have 6 years of eligibility left? If he does transfer, not saying to WSU, he wouldn't be eligible til 2015. Lighten up Francis and don't be so coup deville.

Comment

Now, we can't start acting like we are above talent just because they make a horrible decision to attend up North. If there was a transfer in the future he would have to earn it wherever he goes, it isn't the city league with an unlimited green light. He would be two years away anyway, making most of our roster Jr/Sr or graduated. I do like our guards right now, but we do not yet know what the future holds.

Another interesting note is the lack of Semi Ojelye's (sp?) use at Duke.. I feel he is a very high talent and probably will find his fit there, but much like Kansas when at Duke every year they bring in high caliber Freshman that eats up PT..

Comment

Connor is where he always wanted to be and I think he will eventually find a role in KU's lineup and will be a solid contributor for them.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post

This. He doesn't fit Marshall's system.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
              This. He doesn't fit Marshall's system.
              I wouldn't trade any of the guys we have for him but he is hard nosed, tough and wins. Those are the kind of kids Marshall likes.

Comment

Using this logic, Derail Green should find a new home. Frankamp will be fine.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by WillieJeffJeffries View Post
                  Gee, I don't know, he's a local 4*kid WSU recruited, WSU has had great success with transfers and do your "1 or 2 spot" have 6 years of eligibility left? If he does transfer, not saying to WSU, he wouldn't be eligible til 2015. Lighten up Francis and don't be so coup deville.
                  Nahh, but neither does CF. He played at least one minute in a non-exhibition game. He's got three years of eligibility left, not six.

I'm just saying I don't think he's even on Marshall's radar anymore. we've got FVV for three years, Baker for three years, Ria'n is going to be a red shirt freshman next year, and we've got some good guys coming in. I think Marshall got the best players for our system. Like someone else said, CF never wanted to go anywhere but where he ended up. There are really good players that fit well within our system, there are really good players that don't fit well within our system, and then there are players that are so good (e.g., Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins, etc.) that they'll make any team better. Obviously I think CF is good, I just don't think he'd be a good shocker.

Comment

What's his D, rebounding, and shot-blocking like?

CF will stay at KU if he averages 1 minute a game for 4 years.
                    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I wonder if he likes sitting on the bench watching his teammates kick ass or if he'd rather be out on the court for about 10-15 minutes playing bb with his teammates and kicking ass. Cause I'm thinking that's what might be the case for the young man had he chose differently...

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                        I wonder if he likes sitting on the bench watching his teammates kick ass or if he'd rather be out on the court for about 10-15 minutes playing bb with his teammates and kicking ass. Cause I'm thinking that's what might be the case for the young man had he chose differently...
                        CF was never going to WSU. He has been a KU fan since was a kid. There in lies the problem with us retaining the local talent. Until we start being consistent with NCAA appearances and making noise once we're there, the limelight will always be on KU and the little boys here in the city will not focus their dreams on us. We need up make the dance year in and year out. That's a lot of pressure but pretty much what a non-BCS program has to do to be relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                          CF was never going to WSU. He has been a KU fan since was a kid. There in lies the problem with us retaining the local talent. Until we start being consistent with NCAA appearances and making noise once we're there, the limelight will always be on KU and the little boys here in the city will not focus their dreams on us. We need up make the dance year in and year out. That's a lot of pressure but pretty much what a non-BCS program has to do to be relevant.
                          And even then a lot of kids just want to go away for college.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            CF will stay at KU if he averages 1 minute a season for 4 years.
                            Fixed.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox View Post
                              Totally agree with your point. It bothers me that so much of the local talent ends up playing somewhere else but WSU has ALWAYS competed for that local talent with KU and quite frankly, probably always will. KU just has way too much tradition and that will remain unless someone really screws it up. Don't see that happening.

I just believe that Marshall is able to build winning teams with 2 and 3 star players who are hungry, angry and play with chips on their shoulders and is also a hell of a game time coach. And I think he really enjoys building his teams with those kinds of players.

But as a native Wichitan, I reserve the right to be bummed when local talent leaves Wichita to play elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X