No announcement yet.

2024 Coaching Carousel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone see the Utah State women's coach? She lost first round, got fired, then went to a presser.

"Coach, how are you going to rebuild the roster for next year?"

"Well, I just talked to our AD and she said they're going in a different direction. So I guess that's the last question......"

In fairness, 4 years, something like 25-90 with 22 D1 wins and a ton of 30-50 point drubbings. 4 years is probably enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Anyone see the Utah State women's coach? She lost first round, got fired, then went to a presser.

"Coach, how are you going to rebuild the roster for next year?"

"Well, I just talked to our AD and she said they're going in a different direction. So I guess that's the last question......"

In fairness, 4 years, something like 25-90 with 22 D1 wins and a ton of 30-50 point drubbings. 4 years is probably enough time.
      Yeah I saw that. I am sure she needed to be let go. But man....they could of at least either waited until after the press conference or just not make her go out there lol. Timing was rough.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Rumors seem to indicate that Porter Moser is going to take the DePaul job.

Ben McCollum may be in line for Missouri State.
        You wonder how things like that get started. Porter isn't leaving Norman, certainly not for DePaul.

Comment

Why did she go out to the presser if she was already fired?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

You wonder how things like that get started. Porter isn't leaving Norman, certainly not for DePaul.
            I thought it sounded odd, but I'm also not sure how 0U is doing and if maybe his seat was getting warm and he wanted to get back to Chicago or something.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
              Why did she go out to the presser if she was already fired?
              Paperwork wasn't done so she was obligated by conference rules?
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Can we combine the two 2024 Coaching Carouse threads?

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXJOCK View Post
                  Can we combine the two 2024 Coaching Carouse threads?
                  Done.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Payne finally out at Louisville. Man, that program fell hard and fast. Wonder what that's like?
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Rumors seem to indicate that Porter Moser is going to take the DePaul job.

Ben McCollum may be in line for Missouri State.
                      Ben M. would be a home run hire. He is a terrific coach with a great offensive scheme. He has won multiple D2 national championships. His teams play tough and share the basketball.

Comment

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by rjl View Post
                          Payne finally out at Louisville. Man, that program fell hard and fast. Wonder what that's like?
                          Didn't hurt Pitino's opportunities. Sadly. Why is he allowed to coach? And why is the media in love with him?

Comment

Rice's coach is out

OK State fired Boynton

Comment

Missouri Tigers coach Dennis Gates looked like a homerun hire after year one, even made the Tourney with aa 25-10 record .

They gave him a raise to 4 Mill a year and extended him thru '29 and got in return a 8-23 record. OOF.

Comment

I have some catching up to do as I was out of town.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X