Things You Didn't See Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Is this a Thing You Didn't See Coming because of the ranking or because they guy in the picture plays D1 basketball?
    Both
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

He is one of their young success stories so far. Robbie Avila is 6'10", 240 sophomore that plays 30 mpg, 16.4 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 4.0 assists with only 1.7 TOs.

Their starting 5 play between 30-34 mpg, score 73.5 ppg of their 85.6 average and they can all come back next year.

Comment

Avila reminds me of so many Valley post men over the years....his game is just odd enough that he causes problems for most everyone one way or the other.

That's a good team....not sure they're top 20, but they can beat a LOT of teams with their A game.

Comment

Dartmouth fights back?

ESPN - Dartmouth says it won't bargain with basketball players' union

Dartmouth will not enter into collective bargaining with the union its men's basketball players voted to join earlier this month, the school said Monday in a move that could send the case to federal court.

In a statement announcing its refusal to bargain a labor deal with the athletes, the school was adamant that it believes "athletes in the Ivy League are not employees."

A regional director of the National Labor Relations Board ruled last month that Dartmouth basketball players were employees, clearing the way for them to vote to join the union.

The players then voted 13-2 to join the Service Employees International Union Local 560.

"Given Dartmouth's decades-long commitment to athletics as an extension of our academic mission, we believe the regional director has made an extraordinary mistake in finding these students are employees," the school said in its statement, which called the players "students whose educational program includes athletics."

Dartmouth is asking for a review of the regional director's decision by the full board.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

ESPN - Long Beach State AD says he fired Dan Monson to inspire team

Long Beach State's athletic director said the timing of his decision to fire coach Dan Monson was done with the hope it might trigger the exact run that led the team on its unexpected trip to the NCAA tournament.

"My belief and hope is that by doing what I did and the timing of it, they would play inspired, and that's what they did," Bobby Smitheran told The Associated Press on Thursday, a few hours before the Beach tipped off against Arizona. "I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, but it worked." Editor's Picks

Monson's job status has been one of the most intriguing stories leading into the first round of the NCAA tournament. He was fired last Monday, on the heels of a five-game losing streak, but is continuing to coach for the rest of the season, and the team responded last weekend by winning the Big West tournament to earn an unexpected trip to March Madness.

​
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I didn't see THIS coming....

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

WOW
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Jeff ******* can go +_)(*&^%$#@!...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan View Post

Apparently, they want a coach that wears "big boy pants" with the move to the AAC. What a b*tchslap to Lanier.

Comment

Working...
                    X