X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things You Didn't See Coming

Rutgers has the #2 recruiting class in the nation at the moment

ESPN - Rutgers lands PG Dylan Harper, No. 2 recruit in Class of 2024

Dylan Harper, the No. 2 prospect in the 2024 class and the top uncommitted senior in the country, announced his commitment to Rutgers on Wednesday -- giving the Scarlet Knights two of the top three recruits in the country and the No. 2 overall recruiting class.

Harper, a 6-foot-5 guard from Don Bosco Prep (New Jersey), chose Steve Pikiell's program over a final list that also included Duke, Kansas, Indiana and Auburn. He joins a recruiting class that already included Airious "Ace" Bailey, who is ranked No. 3 in the ESPN 100 and signed with the Scarlet Knights during the early signing period last month
    To put the commitments of Harper and Bailey into context, before this class, Rutgers had landed just six total ESPN 100 prospects since the ESPN men's basketball recruiting database began in 2007. Only one player was ranked inside the top 50: Mike Rosario, who was No. 16 in 2008.

And now the Scarlet Knights have commitments from two of the top three seniors in high school basketball.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Interesting. Noticed earlier this season that often-injured Noah Fernandes transferred there for his senior year and is their starting PG.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Interesting. Noticed earlier this season that often-injured Noah Fernandes transferred there for his senior year and is their starting PG.
      I was not aware of that. Always liked the kid and the way he played.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Covid.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Covid.
          Well, that is college basketball related.

Comment

Well, that is college basketball related.
            Covid allowing the Shox to win a conference title?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Covid.
              Yes, he would have that extra year. And he doesn't have to sit out because he is a grad transfer.

Comment

This is just nuts.

ESPN - Koron Davis, dismissed by Louisville, denies he sought transfer

Louisville says it has dismissed Koron Davis, hours after announcing the junior guard had informed the program of his intention to transfer.

The school said it supported Davis and "wished him well in the future" in a brief release just before Wednesday night's game against Arkansas State. The release did not provide any details about his dismissal. A one-sentence release announcing his decision to transfer earlier in the day expressed the same sentiment.

Davis, however, took to social media shortly after the school made the announcement, saying that he never communicated to the school that he wanted to transfer.

"I didn't express to anyone at U of Louisville that I wanted to transfer," he wrote. "I never asked to transfer. I enjoy being a Cardinal. The fact an official statement was released giving false information is disheartening and sad."

Davis was in the stands for the Cardinals' 75-63 loss to the Red Wolves but did not speak to reporters. Second-year Louisville coach Kenny Payne declined to elaborate on the conflicting statements after the game and said, "It's emotional for me because he's a good kid. It's one of those circumstances where we've already addressed it."
                I find it amazing that they announce the kid wants to transfer and then dismiss him from the team all the while, he wants nothing more than to play for them.

Makes you wonder what was going on behind the scenes.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  I find it amazing that they announce the kid wants to transfer and then dismiss him from the team all the while, he wants nothing more than to play for them.

He got busted, is most likely what happened. One of the assistants probably found out he was negotiating NIL deals with an agent.

"I didn't express to anyone at U of Louisville that I wanted to transfer," he wrote. "I never asked to transfer. I enjoy being a Cardinal. The fact an official statement was released giving false information is disheartening and sad."

Of COURSE you didn't "express to anyone" ... you'd wait until the season is over, numb nuts.
                  Of COURSE you "never asked to transfer" ... you'd wait until the season is over, numb nuts.
                  Of COURSE you "enjoy being a Cardinal" ... you don't want to lose your playing time.

This one is pretty easy to figure out.

Comment

This is just nuts.

ESPN - Koron Davis, dismissed by Louisville, denies he sought transfer

Really odd situation. This gives more information: Koron Davis' time with Louisville basketball comes to end. Guard dismissed from team (yahoo.com)

Comment

Rutgers has the #2 recruiting class in the nation at the moment

ESPN - Rutgers lands PG Dylan Harper, No. 2 recruit in Class of 2024

The NJ mob influence?

Comment

It does give more info, but I think it doesn't answer any questions. He's a good guy. Good student. Not in any trouble. Dismissed from team.

WTF is going on in Louisville?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Ooof, yeah, this is weird.

The coach is going to great lengths to prevent some controversy.

Comment

Welcome to the campus of Rutgers. We are here at the Gambino Waste Management Arena…..

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Welcome to the campus of Rutgers. We are here at the Gambino Waste Management Arena…..

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X