X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      20 minutes in their win over SIU last week, 2 boards, a block, a steal and made his only shot. Pretty ****ing impressive if you ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

20 minutes in their win over SIU last week, 2 boards, a block, a steal and made his only shot. Pretty ****ing impressive if you ask me.
        He deserves a........... well, some applause

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

He deserves a........... well, some applause

Comment

Am I going to have to adjust (just a little bit) my dislike of Juwan Howard and anything Michigan?

Michigan basketball's leading scorer Dug McDaniel suspended for road games indefinitely (msn.com)

I realize, the Wolverines' basketball isn't going anywhere this season, but an interesting move, nonetheless.

Comment

Eagle - K-State wins by forfeit after TCU cancels women's basketball game for unusual reasons

The Kansas State women’s basketball team added another Big 12 victory to its conference record without scoring a single point against the TCU Horned Frogs on Wednesday.

In an unexpected turn of events that will remind some of what college sports was like during the coronavirus pandemic, the Wildcats won by forfeit because the Horned Frogs didn’t have enough healthy student-athletes to take the court.

TCU was forced to cancel its game against K-State, which was scheduled for 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday inside Schollmaier Arena in Fort Worth, for unusual reasons that likely left both sides feeling frustrated.

No one enjoys calling off a game, especially one like this. Both K-State and TCU had plenty to play for.

The No. 7 Wildcats were eager to validate their recent surge into the top 10 and the Horned Frogs were hoping to pull off a memorable upset in front of their home crowd.
              Apparently TCU is pretty banged up and they feel trying to play the game would do more harm than good for the overall well-being of the team.

I'm not sure the last time a team had to forfeit a game like this. I'm sure it's happened somewhere at some point.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So you're saying that maybe this is an option for WSU for a few games this season -- starting tomorrow? I LIKE it!
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Well maybe you did see this coming...NLRB recognizes the Dartmouth Mens Basketball team as employees of the University/Athletic department giving them the freedom to Unionize. This after Northwestern's Football team tried to do the same thing but was not recognized as employees. Think this is going to impact a whole lott of schools going forward. College sports...How exciting is this? Not Really

Comment

Just when you thought the non athletes couldn't make amateur sports worse than they already have the past few years.

Comment

Fine. Pay them for their services and they can pay for their education (though at Dartmouth I think they pretty much already do).

And at a place like Dartmouth or any other private school that doesn't generate much in the way of athletics anyway, that's not a win.

What's the going rate for someone participating in a sport that does not generate its own income? It can't be that much unless it's a very successful team, but then they're still losing money.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

ESPN - Rick Pitino says college basketball needs salary cap

A day after a historic ruling that could change collegiate sports by allowing NCAA athletes to unionize, St. John's coach Rick Pitino said the sport needs a salary cap and a new hierarchy to thrive.

The National Labor Relations Board ruled Monday that Dartmouth men's basketball players, who had petitioned to be recognized by a local union, are employees of the school, a ruling that could allow NCAA athletes to unionize and negotiate work conditions, among other aspects of their employment.

Pitino tweeted Tuesday that the major conferences in college basketball should join forces and create a salary cap of up to $2 million. He did not specify if that number would include name, image and likeness payments or funding directly from schools.

"For basketball, have the Power 5 [and] Big East conference commissioners get together and create a salary cap between [$1.5 and $2 million]," Pitino tweeted. "All contracts delivered to the league and school offices."

While Pitino didn't suggest that the major conferences should split from the other schools, he said the cap should be different for those leagues.

"All other conferences establish their own salary cap," he tweeted. "I would never exclude anyone from the NCAA tournament. Obviously, football is a different sport entirely and some of their talent makes more than NFL players. More solutions to follow in the coming days."
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Who saw this coming?

ESPN - ESPN, Fox, Warner Bros. to launch sports streaming platform

ESPN, Fox and Warner Bros. Discovery announced plans on Tuesday to launch a sports streaming platform in the fall that will include offerings from at least 15 networks and all four major professional sports leagues.

A one-stop app to view most sports should be a welcome sight for fans, who continue to navigate rising costs by subscribing to multiple services.

Kevin Krim, the president and CEO of the ad measurement firm EDO, compared the three companies teaming up for sports to what some networks did when Hulu started in 2008.

"My sense is knowing the cast of characters, they're looking at the original Hulu concept and thinking, 'Well, that worked out really well for us.' So let's do that again. But for live sports streaming," he said.

The three companies will each share one-third ownership in the joint venture. A name for the service and pricing will be announced at a later date.

"This new sports service exemplifies our ability as an industry to drive innovation and provide consumers with more choice, enjoyment and value and we're thrilled to deliver it to sports fans," Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav said in a statement.

The platform will include games from the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, WNBA, NASCAR and college sports, including the men's and women's NCAA tournament, as well as golf, tennis and the FIFA World Cup.

It will include offerings from 15 linear networks: ESPN, ESPN+, ESPN2, ESPNU, SEC Network, ACC Network, ESPNEWS, ABC, Fox, FS1, FS2, Big Ten Network, TNT, TBS, truTV.

Subscribers would also have the ability to bundle the product with Disney+, Hulu and/or Max.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Does that include a salary cap for the coaches as well?

Comment

Happy to see this...

Indiana State ranked for first time since Larry Bird days (msn.com)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Is this a Thing You Didn't See Coming because of the ranking or because they guy in the picture plays D1 basketball?
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X