No announcement yet.

College Football 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw reports that he's trying to get Dylan Edwards (?) from Derby to decommit from Notre Dame.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Unfettered free agency. I was listening to podcast yesterday that suggested UNC QB Maye would enter the transfer portal to a litany of NIL offers between $2 million to perhaps $5 million for 1 remaining year.

Amazing. One wonders how long this will continue because it does not seem sustainable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Unfettered free agency. I was listening to podcast yesterday that suggested UNC QB Maye would enter the transfer portal to a litany of NIL offers between $2 million to perhaps $5 million for 1 remaining year.

Amazing. One wonders how long this will continue because it does not seem sustainable to me.
        The whole NIL + transfer portal stuff is why I'm finding myself caring a lot less about college football and basketball these days. Yes, I will still watch some games on TV, and go to a few games in person, but more just for the entertainment of the sport itself rather than diehard fandom.
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I saw reports that he's trying to get Dylan Edwards (?) from Derby to decommit from Notre Dame.
          He just de-committed again (2nd time). This isn’t even a transfer. I would advise against a girl accepting his proposal. Breaking an engagement, or worse, divorce may come easily to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He just de-committed again (2nd time). This isn’t even a transfer. I would advise against a girl accepting his proposal. Breaking an engagement, or worse, divorce may come easily to him.
            First committed and then bailed on K-State to go to Notre Dame. Now decommitting from ND after receiving an offer from Colorado. Hard to enjoy the free agency that is now college sports.
            Go Shocks!

Comment

ESPN - Mississippi State football coach Mike Leach still in critical condition

Mississippi State coach Mike Leach remains hospitalized and in critical condition, the university said in a statement Monday morning. Leach suffered what was called Sunday a "personal health issue" that occurred at home.

According to a report by the Clarion Ledger, Leach had a massive heart attack.

Leach, who is in his third season as Bulldogs head football coach, was at practice with the team Saturday as Mississippi State prepares to play Illinois on Jan. 2 in the ReliaQuest Bowl.
              CBS Sports - Mississippi State coach Mike Leach hospitalized in 'critical condition' with 'personal health issue'

Mississippi State coach Mike Leach, 61, was transported from his home to the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson on Sunday following a "personal health issue." He was deemed Monday to be in "critical condition," according to MSU.

"Mike's family is with him and appreciates the overwhelming expressions of love and support for the coach, but also requests that their family's privacy be respected at this time," the school said in a Monday statement.

Leach was last seen publicly Saturday both leading Mississippi State's preparation for the ReliaQuest Bowl and at an evening holiday party. Defensive coordinator Zach Arnett has been elevated to interim coach of the Bulldogs as Leach remains hospitalized.
              Never good to hear news like this.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Georgia / Buckeyes delivered.

Harbaugh wouldn't know what to do with a QB if he had one.

Comment

Go Tulane!!!!

Comment

It's a travesty a cable subscription is required to watch the Rose Bowl.
                    Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

AAC is very respectable football conference. P6 I'd say.

Comment

I had no idea: There is a Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl!?!?! Barf.

Comment

#PeachBowlGirl is a Xavier Lacrosse player. IFKYK

Comment

Anyone paying attention to what's going on at Oklahoma State? Seems the portal is extremely active, and perhaps some question of who the coach will be next year?

Comment

I don't follow the portal, especially for college football, but is four in the last few days extremely active? 247 seems pretty up to date based on their time stamp. There were 12 last month. I'm not sure if that's really high or not.

It looks like Oklahoma had 13 in December.

KSU only 6

KU 5.

Texas 12.

Baylor 7

Iowa State 8

Tech 9

WV 15
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Looks like TCU could have used one of those wooden poop spoons tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X