This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by owenc View Post
    You think this thread was started to be pro-KU and _I'm_ the ignorant one?

Chris
    I stated this thread was STARTED as a PRO-KU thread, hence the FIRST post and subject TITLE.

STOP twisting things around. You're adding fuel to the fire on our view of typical KU fan. You definitely aren't helping there, chief. How come you ignored everything else in my post? That's the one thing you could pick out and CRY about?

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      I stated this thread was STARTED as a PRO-KU thread, hence the FIRST post and subject TITLE.

STOP twisting things around.
      I think you may have failed to read between a few lines. This thread was never supposed to be pro-KU. It was supposed to be a April fools joke.

How come you ignored everything else in my post? That's the one thing you could pick out and CRY about?
      I considered not responding at all because generally don't take seriously posts which contain ad hominem attacks. I did reply later though.

Chris

Comment

Well, if that is what you are looking for I suppose you can find it. kusports.com is pretty much the standard for Jayhawk basketball news. It is the Lawrence paper and by far the best place for KU news. The boards are heavily read and even have players on them from time to time. Far fewer idiots. Based on a quick search it looks like many of the WSU threads on those boards are started by people with "shocker" in their handle. That never goes well on any board I supposed.
        Phognet searches? How were your results there?

You skew so many things one direction and leave out so many other things that don't benefit your argument, it's not even funny. Are you a lawyer?

Seriously, every time you post here you constantly cry about KU not getting any love on an opposing message board. You cry, moan, bellyache, *****, that poor little ol' WSU fans aren't bowing down to KU, while totally ignoring a much larger segment of your fan base that acts every bit of the jackasses you like to pretend that are here. Every thread you whine with the lack of KU lovefest, you turn into a 5-page thread for no reason.

Again, know your place here. This is not Chickenhawk Central. Your points to a newspaper site are lame and garbage.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think you may have failed to read between a few lines. This thread was never supposed to be pro-KU. It was supposed to be a April fools joke.

I considered not responding at all because generally don't take seriously posts which contain ad hominem attacks. I did reply later though.

Chris
          If it was a joke, then why are you getting so butthurt about it? Why are you now dragging it into a 10 post/minute whinefest? It gets SO OLD. It happens EVERY YEAR.

Answer me one question. What message board are you on right now? THERE IS YOUR ANSWER.

Stop the constant menstrual cycle crying.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Yea, because that would never happen here.

I regularly read both this board and kusports.com and there is no comparison in terms of how the two fan bases talk about each other. This is what a WSU thread looks like there:

(The search function there truly sucks so that was the most recent I could find but this is pretty par for the course.)

Even when there is a negative thread of some sort tons of people weigh in with pro-WSU posts and usually call out the original poster. I've never seen a thread there that even comes close the bile that is on here once a week. Compare that thread to this one and tell me again how they are the ones being jerks.

It is certainly a fair criticism that most KU fans know nothing about WSU but those that do are generally pretty positive.

Chris
            Uh... you need to spend some time on phog. Might cure some of that blissful ignorance.

Comment

Seriously, every time you post here you constantly cry about KU not getting any love on an opposing message board. You cry, moan, bellyache, *****, that poor little ol' WSU fans aren't bowing down to KU, while totally ignoring a much larger segment of your fan base that acts every bit of the jackasses you like to pretend that are here. Every thread you whine with the lack of KU lovefest, you turn into a 5-page thread for no reason.
              There was no crying on my part. I was replying to all the crying on the part of all the haters that seem to inhabit this board. Just pointing out the differences between the two boards that I read on a daily basis. Pretty stark contrast.

For the record I don't expect KU to get any love on this board. Honestly, I don't expect to see anything about KU at all. Seems mostly lame that there are so many KU threads in the first place.

Phognet searches? How were your results there?

You skew so many things one direction and leave out so many other things that don't benefit your argument, it's not even funny. Are you a lawyer?

Again, know your place here. This is not Chickenhawk Central. Your points to a newspaper site are lame and garbage.
              How incredibly well reasoned.

Chris

Comment

There really aren't very many KU threads. Probably no more than WSU threads on Phog.net

Comment

There was no crying on my part. I was replying to all the crying on the part of all the haters that seem to inhabit this board. Just pointing out the differences between the two boards that I read on a daily basis. Pretty stark contrast.

For the record I don't expect KU to get any love on this board. Honestly, I don't expect to see anything about KU at all. Seems mostly lame that there are so many KU threads in the first place.
                  WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH. For a more fair comparison, try comparing an actual fan site with a much larger segment of the KU population, phognet, to here, not some random obscure newspaper site that you like to carefully craft as the true representation of KU fan.

How incredibly well reasoned.

Chris
                  Typical 4 word generic response when you have no answer.

Keep posting like you always do when you cry here. I'll be here all night.
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH. For a more fair comparison, try comparing an actual fan site with a much larger segment of the KU population, phognet, to here, not some random obscure newspaper site that you like to carefully craft as the true representation of KU fan.
                    Sounds to me like you are just selecting what you want to reinforce your view. To say that waivingthewheat.com is representative and that the #1 source for KU news is not makes no sense. I'd no more read waivingthewheat.com than read some Missouri board.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                      There really aren't very many KU threads. Probably no more than WSU threads on Phog.net
                      Well I don't read phog.net so I can't say what goes on there. I do read shockernet.net though and there sure seem like a lot. Pretty much always one on the front page. There have been what 4-5 since the tournament started?

Frankly as a WSU fan I'd really rather not ever see them.

Chris

Comment

Sounds to me like you are just selecting what you want to reinforce your view. To say that waivingthewheat.com is representative and that the #1 source for KU news is not makes no sense. I'd no more read waivingthewheat.com than read some Missouri board.

Chris
                        This person seriously has a case of tunnelvision like I've never seen. And he will argue this position and cry about it all night. This thread will go to 5 pages by morning all because he's crying about all the "hate" on here for KU. It's pretty fascinating.
                        He still can't answer the question of what message board he's currently posting on. He continues to ignore the phognet references. He continues with the "#1 source for KU news" lines, acting like that is where the majority of KU fans on the net hang.

The definition of tunnelvision has a picture of this person in the dictionary.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Well I don't read phog.net so I can't say what goes on there. I do read shockernet.net though and there sure seem like a lot. Pretty much always one on the front page. There have been what 4-5 since the tournament started?

Frankly as a WSU fan I'd really rather not ever see them.

Chris
                          Classic tunnelvision response: I don't read it so therefore it does not exist. I guess scout is a pretty low brand out there, huh? This is where your ignorance is flowing bountifully.

Your last sentence is about as comical as it comes. Now, this thread isn't even worth viewing, but yet you're about to set a record for posts per hour in it.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

He still can't answer the question of what message board he's currently posting on.
                            Actually as I previously said--twice I believe--I read both kusports.com and shockernet.net on a daily basis. I've been to phog.net a few times but mainly only when following links from kusports.com. phog.net just seems mostly like crap.

He still can't answer the question of what message board he's currently posting on. He continues to ignore the phognet references. He continues with the "#1 source for KU news" lines, acting like that is where the majority of KU fans on the net hang.
                            I don't imagine there are any KU basketball fans that don't go to kusports.com on a daily basis. As for the message boards I can't say for sure but I've seen thousands of people on simultaneously so I'm pretty sure there get a lot of traffic.

Chris

Comment

Back and forth we go.

Tunnelvision.

phognet is crap, which is agreeable. Finally we're on to something. The majority of KU fans on the internets post on phognet and it is not even close. So now we know that the majority of KU fans are crap, which is why you swooped in on this thread in the first place. So thank you for finally seeing the light.

See ya again next year.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Everyone let's just slow down here. I tried my hand at an April Fools joke and it's turned into craziness around here. This thread was not intended to be a WSU versus KU rant.

If you have to root for a team, the lesser of two evils, IMO, is the UK from Lawrence. Calipari is a crook and a punk. Happy April Fools SN

Comment

Working...
                                X