NCAA Gearing Up To Take Memphis Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Gearing Up To Take Memphis Down

this is an opinion piece from USA Today that paints a dismal picture of the future of Penny Hardaway and Memphis basketball.

This could mean a postseason ban, scholarship reductions or a show-cause penalty for Hardaway that would effectively end his tenure as head coach. Having this hanging over the program’s head will make the immediate future, as Hardaway tries to recruit for a 2020 class that features no recruits at the moment, incredibly difficult.
    https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...3tKqro4woQv9yw
    Last edited by Aargh; March 5, 2020, 04:27 PM.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Damn. That's a shame. /s It sucks for the conference to get weakened by this but I find it hard to find any tears for PH or the dumba$$ Memphis fans I know.
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

They quite literally asked for it.

Comment

umm, that doesn't appear to be a good thing for Memphis.
          You're a lying dog-faced pony soldier.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennis_Celery View Post
            umm, that doesn't appear to be a good thing for Memphis.
            They must have caught him on a trip to the Cayman's with you.
            The Assman

Comment

Jalen Green, ESPN's #1 recruit for the 2020 class and Rivals' #2, announced today that he's going to the NBA's new G-League and not going to college.

In this article, he said that if he did go to college, it would have been Memphis.

The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

If the NBA eliminates the rule against high school kids going straight to the NBA that would put a crimp in some schools rosters. Will be surprised if more kids don't opt to go the G-league

Comment

The G League has said that they will take somewhere around 20 straight out of high school. He is just the first to do it I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                    The G League has said that they will take somewhere around 20 straight out of high school. He is just the first to do it I believe.
                    I still think they shouldn’t lose eligibility for playing in the g league. Make the contract standard to each player for the first year, 125k/ year, eliminating the need for an agent. If they are in over their head, give them an enrollment option after 1 year, and give them 2 years of college eligibility. If they keep their grades up, they can go to school on a g league paid scholarship (room and board, a cafeteria stipend, books, tuition) worth 375k on a 2.5 gpa.

Young kids can be stupid. Give them an out, don’t make them double down on a bad decision.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don't see how the G league is different from the NBA

Comment

I agree. G league is the MLB minor leagues. Nobody is twisting their arms.

Comment

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'll go one further. Mike, err, I mean, Peter Bailey was the building and loan. Methinks he will be sorely missed.

Comment

Yikes! ‘Penny can/cannot coach debate’ ends in bloodshed...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X