Technical Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are a couple of posts where I could not see a link:

This post by wichshock65 is one where I see nothing. I saw quite a few of these posted by wichshock65. I am assuming he often simply posts links.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...56#post1270456

This post by RoyalShock I could see the
    I wonder what this is about . . .
    but nothing else. Apparently he posted a link to a tweet by one of the Shocker WBB players.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...40#post1269240

When I quote them I can see the links. Both were to twitter postings (tweets). So perhaps it has something to do with twitter. I do not have a twitter account.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Here are a couple of posts where I could not see a link:

This post by wichshock65 is one where I see nothing. I saw quite a few of these posted by wichshock65. I am assuming he often simply posts links.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...56#post1270456

This post by RoyalShock I could see the but nothing else. Apparently he posted a link to a tweet by one of the Shocker WBB players.

https://shockernet.net/forum/wichita...40#post1269240

When I quote them I can see the links. Both were to twitter postings (tweets). So perhaps it has something to do with twitter. I do not have a twitter account.
      They are empty for me too. I wonder if the Tweets were deleted or hidden or something?
      Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

They are empty for me too. I wonder if the Tweets were deleted or hidden or something?
        I copied the links after quoting the post:

Here is what wichshock65 linked to:

https://twitter.com/AndSwafford/stat...734441473?s=19

Here is what RoyalShock linked to:

https://twitter.com/r_johnson8588/st...616689152?s=20

Not sure if this is what RoyalShock's link initially showed but it had to do with a player who left the team under less than positive circumstances so that player, Rachel Johnson, may have indeed deleted the post after RoyalShock made his post.

Comment

I copied the links after quoting the post:

Here is what wichshock65 linked to:

Here is what RoyalShock linked to:

One of those is deleted or locked and the other has a media warning. So the locked one makes sense. Not sure about the one with the media warning.

Comment

Here is one wichshock65 just posted on the Ole Miss game thread:

WICHITA STATE (5-2) at OLE MISS (5-2) MISS -7.5 SATURDAY, JAN. 2, 2020 | 5:00 P.M. CT OXFORD, MISS. / PAVILION AT OLE MISS (10% Capacity; 875) TV: ESPNU: Dave Neal and Debbie Antonelli on the call RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM (GoShockers.com/Listen) SERIES: Tied 3-3 (1-1 in Oxford) LAST: Jan. 4, 2020 in Wichita (#24 WSU, 74-54) GAME

Again it is a tweet:

You can look at it after the game.

Comment

WICHITA STATE (5-2) at OLE MISS (5-2) MISS -7.5 SATURDAY, JAN. 2, 2020 | 5:00 P.M. CT OXFORD, MISS. / PAVILION AT OLE MISS (10% Capacity; 875) TV: ESPNU: Dave Neal and Debbie Antonelli on the call RADIO: KEYN 103.7 FM (GoShockers.com/Listen) SERIES: Tied 3-3 (1-1 in Oxford) LAST: Jan. 4, 2020 in Wichita (#24 WSU, 74-54) GAME

Again it is a tweet:

Yeah it's doing it for me too. I'll take a look.

Comment

Again it is a tweet:

Well, oddly enough its working now. Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Well, oddly enough its working now. Hmmm
                  As I'm sure you are well aware, I post a lot from Twitter but after 72's description I wonder how it shows up for those who look at the post. On my end, it looks like this:

Screenshot_20210103-125709.png

Does it not look like that for others viewing the post? If not, should I just post a link instead of the Twitter method? Or perhaps I should post less? Lol
                  ​​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

As I'm sure you are well aware, I post a lot from Twitter but after 72's description I wonder how it shows up for those who look at the post. On my end, it looks like this:

Does it not look like that for others viewing the post? If not, should I just post a link instead of the Twitter method? Or perhaps I should post less? Lol
                    ​​​​​​​
                    It's okay how you are doing it. Yes, it shows up like your image. I think Twitter possibly just flakes out every once in a while, because after a page refresh, or some time, it renders. Next time I see one that doesn't render, I will troubleshoot a bit more.

Comment

For me, all the twitter links that you or anyone else has posted using the TWEET tags show up like you image.

Comment

I see nothing. Just a blank post other than the time stamp and post #. However, if I quote your post I see the URL in between quote and tweet brackets. So if I want to copy that into browser I can find it.

Clearly seems to be something on my end and is the same both on my office desktop PC and on my home laptop PC.

Comment

I see nothing. Just a blank post other than the time stamp and post #. However, if I quote your post I see the URL in between quote and tweet brackets. So if I want to copy that into browser I can find it.

Clearly seems to be something on my end and is the same both on my office desktop PC and on my home laptop PC.
                          I see the exact same thing. But then hours later, it loads (go back and take a look). I do wonder if it's because we aren't logged into Twitter accounts, and there is some weird delay between when Twitter makes a post "live" (those with Twitter accounts can seem them immediately maybe)? I don't know yet, it's head scratching.
                          Last edited by Kung Wu; January 4, 2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I'm still not seeing anything. Everyone needs to get off Twitter anyway and move to Parler.

Comment

Working...
                            X