Shockernet Migration Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockernet Migration Coming Soon

Not sure when this will happen (soon), but we need to migrate Shockernet to a new server. We are going to contact the vbulletin folks about migrating to their hosted vbCloud service which will help make sure we are always on the latest and greatest for security purposes. Also looking to upgrade from vb5 to vb6 which should have improved mobile stuff and should be faster.

This switch is likely to result in a look and feel change, so if you log in one day and our dark theme is gone that's why (for some reason their migration doesn't include custom themes). We'll have to recreate the dark theme and that takes time.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

No dark theme? I don't want it.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      No dark theme? I don't want it.
      By default. I'll have to recreate it and it will take time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I'll wait... The non dark themes bother my eyes. I change everything to dark when possible.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I'll wait... The non dark themes bother my eyes. I change everything to dark when possible.
          Yeah, I much prefer the dark theme myself.

Comment

Must be my age, but I prefer the lighter mode. I'm a team player and will adapt to whatever the 'master' says...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Must be my age, but I prefer the lighter mode. I'm a team player and will adapt to whatever the 'master' says...

This is "Flying Five Finger One Armed Eight Pole Shaolin Exploding Death Touch Thursdays - Shaolin Abbot / Shaolin Mantis" by Ashlee Nichols on Vimeo,…

Comment

You're not alone and it can't just be age. At my last few jobs I would have people comment about my darker screens and they didn't seem to be fans. I have my work email, my personal email, my work browser and my personal browser all set to dark. Like I said, if it's an option, I'm using it. Though I also prefer it to be darker when I work in general. Back when I worked from home it was without lights. At my previous office job I had purchased a couple of things that looked like giant leaves to put over the top of my work space. They're actually made to be hung on walls and put over cribs and such to keep direct light off of babies and such, but most of the reviews online were people using them for office cubicles and such to block the excessive office lighting that exists in most places. Bright lights and what not seem to cause me a lot more eye strain. Florescent lighting sometimes triggers migraines, and any unnatural lighting seems to make any headache worse because of the strain it puts on my eyes. I'm sure I'm in the minority with some of that, but it is what it is. Love when everyone in my area at work is in a meeting and the sensors don't get triggered and the lights go out. I get so much more work done then.

I've always heard, and been told by others, that working on computers in the dark is bad for your eyes, but it's amazing how much more relaxed mine are and how much easier it is to focus. This is all a long-winded way of saying that the dark themes help mitigate some of the other lighting I have to deal with on a regular basis as the screens themselves are softer and gentler for me.

I guess this is why a lot of sites offer options.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

You're not alone and it can't just be age. At my last few jobs I would have people comment about my darker screens and they didn't seem to be fans. I have my work email, my personal email, my work browser and my personal browser all set to dark. Like I said, if it's an option, I'm using it. Though I also prefer it to be darker when I work in general. Back when I worked from home it was without lights. At my previous office job I had purchased a couple of things that looked like giant leaves to put over the top of my work space. They're actually made to be hung on walls and put over cribs and such to keep direct light off of babies and such, but most of the reviews online were people using them for office cubicles and such to block the excessive office lighting that exists in most places. Bright lights and what not seem to cause me a lot more eye strain. Florescent lighting sometimes triggers migraines, and any unnatural lighting seems to make any headache worse because of the strain it puts on my eyes. I'm sure I'm in the minority with some of that, but it is what it is. Love when everyone in my area at work is in a meeting and the sensors don't get triggered and the lights go out. I get so much more work done then.

I've always heard, and been told by others, that working on computers in the dark is bad for your eyes, but it's amazing how much more relaxed mine are and how much easier it is to focus. This is all a long-winded way of saying that the dark themes help mitigate some of the other lighting I have to deal with on a regular basis as the screens themselves are softer and gentler for me.

I guess this is why a lot of sites offer options.
                  The Dark Side, I mean the dark screen is better for me as well. If and when, I'll survive until then Master Kung Wu.

Comment

Dark Lord… ‘darker days’ might be on the horizon.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Dark Lord… ‘darker days’ might be on the horizon.
                      Dark days from the board leadership are not in the future.

Dark days for this message board upon migration may exist for a short time.

Dark days for the men's basketball program appear to be inevitable for the time being.
                      The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

Try to work quickly.

Should only take a few keystrokes. Anyone can do it.

Comment

Not sure when this will happen (soon), but we need to migrate Shockernet to a new server. We are going to contact the vbulletin folks about migrating to their hosted vbCloud service which will help make sure we are always on the latest and greatest for security purposes. Also looking to upgrade from vb5 to vb6 which should have improved mobile stuff and should be faster.

This switch is likely to result in a look and feel change, so if you log in one day and our dark theme is gone that's why (for some reason their migration doesn't include custom themes). We'll have to recreate the dark theme and that takes time.
                          When you say feel, are you saying it will feel more or less supple?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

When you say feel, are you saying it will feel more or less supple?
                            Less supple, but more perky!

Comment

I like perky
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X