Shockernet Migration Coming Soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
    It appears gifs still aren't "giffing". No matter how they are put in.
    Are you getting an error or they just don't show up something else?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

test-homer-simpson.gif

Direct copy and paste did not work, but loading it through the image button in the toolbar does work for me now.​
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
        It appears gifs still aren't "giffing". No matter how they are put in.
        Try this:

image.png

Comment

bill-hicks-mic-tap.gif

Comment

Hmm, I'm able to direct copy/paste GIFs. Maybe it's the specific GIF you are trying?

Comment

The one I just did used the image button next to the video button. I'm sure the attachment upload works too.

test-homer-simpson.gif

Using the Upload from URL button below the text box works too.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

image.png
                image.png
                image.png
                Seems none of my direct copy and paste will animate. Let me try another browser here in a bit.​​

Comment

Ooooh this is a problem with animation???

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Okay now I understand more the way you were trying to do it. Let me see if I can figure that out after I fix the GIF issue.
                    It might be a "total file size" thing within a single post.

Comment

All these were done in a Firefox browser, my others in Chrome. Edit: Did the uncheck of "Retrieve remote file" on the last one and it now works.

image.png
                      Direct copy and paste

1258923422265114625.gif
                      Upload from URL

Image button in toolbar
                      Attached Files

Comment

Trying them all again in Chrome.

image.png

1258923422265114625.gif

Last one I unchecked "Retrieve remote file". I will edit the one above in Firefox and see what happens.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I had quit trying. Seems like JVShocker was doing it differently than me and had success of more than 3, but he now says he's restricted to 3 images per post. I copy the images to a file, resize them with photoshop to a more standard size and resolution for quality, then just "Upload Attachments" for each one. I just do a second post for more pics.
                          Believe me, I appreciate your commitment to perfection...
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Test...simple copy and paste, I don't see "giffing". I'll try again with Kung Wu suggestions.

image.png

Comment

Can't get the "upload attachments" icon (1) to work and then open up the "upload attachments" link (2)... icon acts like a dead link? Using Microsoft Edge if that matters?

No biggie...

Comment

michael2.gif

OK. So maybe this is it?? Followed the instructions. Worked great. Just have to download the gif image to the computer and then upload from the computer. My first attempt was rejected because of "exceeding maximum size - I think 2mb." It makes it more work to post gifs, which sux. I was so used to just "copy" and "paste" from pinterest, giphy, wherever. Guess that makes me lazy.

I'll try it on the cell in a sec and see what happens. Thanks for all the work behind the scenes everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X