Shockernet Upgrade 09/06/2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shockernet Upgrade 09/06/2019

Expect some down time here shortly. Upgrading.
    Last edited by Kung Wu; September 6, 2019, 10:18 AM.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

I love spell checker ... downtown .. down time?

Comment

Site has been upgraded! Probably some quirky things will pop up, so please let me know if you find something broken or just crappy.

Comment

Thanks for your work. However, I checked in after you made your 1st post and, with unsuccessful repeated efforts, was getting close to withdrawal symptoms.

Comment

• Kung Wu
          Kung Wu commented
          Editing a comment
          Ja, I figured that would happen, but I had to push through this ... it was particularly painful because I had to upgrade a lot of stuff I don't normally have to.

We may have some more down time today, as we look at automating our SSL certs.

Comment

I didn't realized I'm so addicted to this site. I am glad to see it up and running again.

Comment

#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19 #^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19#^&#(# FOR #$)(((@ Error 19

(Just kidding. Glad we're back)
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

SN addicts during the downtime.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I don't *think* we will have any more down time at this point. If we do, it's unexpected.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Kung Wu Thank you
                    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Kung Wu
                      Kung Wu commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Very welcome, sir!

Kung Wu Ever since the update, I've had the issue (which I had in the past, as did others if I recollect) where forums are marked as having unread content, but when I go to the forum (say basketball), none of threads are marked as having unread content. I think it may have to do with comments, but I'm not sure. In any case, I thought I'd pass along the change in case there is something you can do about it or in case you have advice on something on my end that would clear it up. Thanks.

Update: I don't think it is comments. It looks like certain threads have new posts, but the individual threads incorrectly display the most recent post.
                    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                      1979Shocker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I've had it occasionally happen to me. To fix it I have to "Mark This Channel Read."

There it's definitely something wrong. Just did it to me again. Same thing that the Mad Hatter is having problems with.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                      It looks like certain threads have new posts, but the individual threads incorrectly display the most recent post.
                      Let me try and duplicate.
                      Last edited by Kung Wu; September 17, 2019, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Ok, when you drill into a form and then hover your mouse over one of the threads, you probably see ?goto=newpost at the end? So that's why it's taking you there. It seems like I changed that one upon a time ago, and maybe we lost that change during the upgrade. Will research!

Comment

Working...
                        X