Ignore List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore List

When we went from vBulletin 4 to vBulletin 5, all the users I had on the Ignore List were retained. However, maybe 2 or 3 days later, the Ignore List was empty.

I have added a couple of users to the list again, but now the list is empty again.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    When we went from vBulletin 4 to vBulletin 5, all the users I had on the Ignore List were retained. However, maybe 2 or 3 days later, the Ignore List was empty.

I have added a couple of users to the list again, but now the list is empty again.
    Odd. I went to the vBulletin forum to see what the deal is and they said some mods can cause that. Maybe it's the Thanks/Like mod? I will keep digging for a bit.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Dung Wu
      Dung Wu commented
      Editing a comment
      Test comment from Dung Wu.

Now that I have disabled Thanks/Like, can you re-add a few and see if they fall off the next couple of days?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Now that I have disabled Thanks/Like, can you re-add a few and see if they fall off the next couple of days?
      I checked this morning and the users I added were still in the list, but then I was looking at one of the threads and one of them showed up in the thread.

I went to the list again and remove them and added them back. They no longer showed up in the thread.
      Last edited by 1979Shocker; November 6, 2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I checked this morning and the users I added were still in the list, but then I was looking at one of the threads and one of them showed up in the thread.

I went to the list again and remove them and added then back. They no longer showed up in the thread.
        Okay, let's see what happens over the next day or two, since I have disabled the Thanks/Like and you readded them.

Comment

Okay, let's see what happens over the next day or two, since I have disabled the Thanks/Like and you readded them.
          Everything seems to be okay now.

Comment

• Dung Wu
            Dung Wu commented
            Editing a comment
            Test comment #2 from Dung Wu. This time I want to see what happens when I comment on one of YOUR posts.

One of the users from my Ignore List showed up again, but I think it's on my side. I think it has to do with my browsing history. I did a refresh of the page and the post for the ignored user went away.

Comment

Ok, keep me posted on this.

Comment

Clearing the browsing history really didn't make any difference. I have 3 users on my Ignore list for my test. Today, when I clicked on the blue icon to take me to the first unread post, it took me to one of the users I had ignored. It showed the post as from 2 days ago. I did a refresh and it now showed a different post from 3 hours ago. The ignored users were no longer displayed. So it took me to the right page. It just had the ignored users displayed.

This wasn't a problem on the previous vBulletin version. I can try a different browser to see what that does.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                1979Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                It did the same thing with Google Chrome on my laptop.

I guess the next thing is to try it on my Android.

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                Let me check and see if there is a known bug with the ignore functionality.

• 1979Shocker
                1979Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                It does the same thing on my Android. And just like on my laptop, if I refresh the page, the ignored users go away.

The Ignore List no longer works for me again. Before I could do a refresh of the page and it would hide ignored users, or I could remove them from the Ignore List and add them back and it would work. Now those things no longer work.

As a last resort, I tried logging out and back in, but that didn't help either.

I tried this using the Microsoft Edge browser and the Google Chrome browser on my laptop and they both showed the posts of ignored users. However, when I tried it on my Android, it worked fine.

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                1979Shocker commented
                Editing a comment
                And now it's messed up again. A refresh fixed it.

• ShockTalk
                ShockTalk commented
                Editing a comment
                It must be working for Kung Wu. He put you on his Ignore List to test the system.

• Kung Wu
                Kung Wu commented
                Editing a comment
                LOL

I have a post in vbulletin asking for help. One other person experienced this too, but there's not resolution in the thread I found.

Has there been any resolution to this? My ignore list doesnt seem to work at all. Not that I have a lot of people on it, but they annoy me.....lol.
              Go Shocks!

Comment

Here is what mine is doing right now. On the 2017-18 Games of Interest thread, it show 55 pages. When I click on page 55, it goes to page 55. When I go back and click on the title, it goes to page 49 and it shows that as the last page. It does this because the Ignored users are sometimes showing up and sometimes not.. If I do a refresh, it fixes it sometimes, but most of the time it just seems to be random.

On other threads, when there is a new post and I click on the triangle in front of the title, it will take me 5 or 6 pages before the new post. I think it's because the Ignored User posts are appearing and it's messing it up.

Comment

Here is what mine is doing right now. On the 2017-18 Games of Interest thread, it show 55 pages. When I click on page 55, it goes to page 55. When I go back and click on the title, it goes to page 49 and it shows that as the last page. It does this because the Ignored users are sometimes showing up and sometimes not.. If I do a refresh, it fixes it sometimes, but most of the time it just seems to be random.

On other threads, when there is a new post and I click on the triangle in front of the title, it will take me 5 or 6 pages before the new post. I think it's because the Ignored User posts are appearing and it's messing it up.
                  Can you tell if part of the issues are comments? Try putting Dung Wu on your ignore list and I will log in later and leave a couple of posts and a couple of comments for you to test with.

Comment

Can you tell if part of the issues are comments? Try putting Dung Wu on your ignore list and I will log in later and leave a couple of posts and a couple of comments for you to test with.
                    I can't tell if comments are causing the problem. I know that Ignored User posts show up every now and then.

Also, I can't put Dung Wu on my Ignore List (something about moderators not allowed on Ignore Lists).

Comment

I can't tell if comments are causing the problem. I know that Ignored User posts show up every now and then.

Also, I can't put Dung Wu on my Ignore List (something about moderators not allowed on Ignore Lists).
                      Oh I was testing a mod function with Dung Wu. I will set him back to a regular user.

Comment

Working...
                      X