Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached Files
    Last edited by kcshocker11; December 31, 2015, 08:37 AM.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Que SB in 3..2..1..
          Attached Files
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                I'd be curious where this quote actually came from if you don't mind. I can't get the "blue street journal" to come up on any browser. I'm sure it's a widely respected site.

Warren Buffett has said many stupid things in the last few years. He's entitled to give his money to whomever he wishes, he's just not entitled to give mine.

He DID however say the following:

“No conspiracy lies behind this depressing fact: The poor are most definitely not poor because the rich are rich,” Buffett, whose net worth we clock in at $71.3 billion, wrote in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece published late yesterday. “Nor are the rich undeserving. Most of them have contributed brilliant innovations or managerial expertise to America’s well-being. We all live far better because of Henry Ford, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton and the like. Instead, this widening gap is an inevitable consequence of an advanced market-based economy.”

Comment

• Now his QUOTE that I linked to (and didn't make up in a meme) doesn't completely go against what you are saying he said.

However, it's hard for me to believe that even in his advanced age of confusion, that he thinks people "give" their money to the rich. The rich earn it. Now, I can understand where he might be confused as a person who has done nothing but push paper to make money for the vast majority of his life. He very well may not understand how the average person works for a living but I don't think he believes people "give" money to the rich.

This is a typical and often spread lie by the left and people like you that twist things so that the uneducated will fall in line. You call tax breaks "giving money to the rich".

Argue your point and tell the truth about what's happening and perhaps we can fix some things.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    Now his QUOTE that I linked to (and didn't make up in a meme) doesn't completely go against what you are saying he said.

However, it's hard for me to believe that even in his advanced age of confusion, that he thinks people "give" their money to the rich. The rich earn it. Now, I can understand where he might be confused as a person who has done nothing but push paper to make money for the vast majority of his life. He very well may not understand how the average person works for a living but I don't think he believes people "give" money to the rich.

This is a typical and often spread lie by the left and people like you that twist things so that the uneducated will fall in line. You call tax breaks "giving money to the rich".

Argue your point and tell the truth about what's happening and perhaps we can fix some things.
                    With all due respect, Doc, it is fair to challenge someone's posting of an individual's quote for verification, but this is not a thread for political debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      With all due respect, Doc, it is fair to challenge someone's posting of an individual's quote for verification, but this is not a thread for political debate.
                      Sure it is. This thread was put in this specific forum for a purpose. 2nd, there are analyses that show that Buffett is liar. The reality is the left know they have to raise taxes on everybody - especially the middle class to pay for their program. But first they have to go through the charade of raising it on the rich (which when they do, will either leave that state, put their money overseas, or have their accountant and attorneys find the loops holes they can game.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        I'd be curious where this quote actually came from if you don't mind. I can't get the "blue street journal" to come up on any browser. I'm sure it's a widely respected site.

Warren Buffett has said many stupid things in the last few years. He's entitled to give his money to whomever he wishes, he's just not entitled to give mine.

He DID however say the following:

“No conspiracy lies behind this depressing fact: The poor are most definitely not poor because the rich are rich,” Buffett, whose net worth we clock in at $71.3 billion, wrote in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece published late yesterday. “Nor are the rich undeserving. Most of them have contributed brilliant innovations or managerial expertise to America’s well-being. We all live far better because of Henry Ford, Steve Jobs, Sam Walton and the like. Instead, this widening gap is an inevitable consequence of an advanced market-based economy.”
                        That quote was very widely reported. Source 1, Source 2, Source 3.

Also, the quote you cited -- regarding the deserving rich -- occurred in his OpEd that was a call to increase the EITC for people in poverty. Source.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          That quote was very widely reported. Source 1, Source 2, Source 3.
                          Thank you, my initial search wasn't as thorough, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          Also, the quote you cited -- regarding the deserving rich -- occurred in his OpEd that was a call to increase the EITC for people in poverty. Source.
                          I realize that, thank you. That's a different argument. I believe that same article referenced the widespread fraud (near 25% I think) already in the EITC.

Which, as long as we're talking about it, is actually NOT a tax credit. It's welfare. And if you or any American thinks we need more of that, fine, let's discuss it, but let's call it WHAT IT IS. People that pay ZERO income tax get this welfare. Stop calling something what it isn't. It's just like tax breaks are "giving money to the rich". No it's not. It's THEIR money. They just have less of it taken from them.

Again, if you like the EITC and want to expand it, great, let's discuss the cost benefit. It would be nice to eliminate the 25% fraud first, but I'm sure that's not important, is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            Sure it is. This thread was put in this specific forum for a purpose. 2nd, there are analyses that show that Buffett is liar. The reality is the left know they have to raise taxes on everybody - especially the middle class to pay for their program. But first they have to go through the charade of raising it on the rich (which when they do, will either leave that state, put their money overseas, or have their accountant and attorneys find the loops holes they can game.
                            The rich people already do this.

Just Incorporate yourself.
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                              Of course they do, why shouldn't they, and you will too if you file a tax return. You will find the path to the least amount of taxes to pay if you are smart, no matter what you make.

Why is it "bad" or "mean" to use what is put there to use?

Look, I'm all for simplifying the tax code. We should eliminate tax loopholes. We shouldn't try to legislate through the tax code. We shouldn't try to test morality through it either.

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

Just Incorporate yourself.
                                Doing my best, but being in a technical field - the ceiling is only so high - maybe just rich instead of filthy rich. :positive:

Comment

Working...
                                X