Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :cool-new:
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• IMG_0185.jpg

Comment

• Florida Woman stops gator attack with a small Beretta pistol.
        This is a story of self-control and marksmanship by a brave, cool-headed woman with a small pistol against a fierce predator.
        What is the smallest calibre that you would trust to protect yourself? A Beretta Jetfire testimonial.

Here is her story in her own words:
        "While out walking along the edge of a bayou just below outside of Fort Lauderdale in alligator alley with my soon to be ex-husband discussing property settlement and other divorce issues, we were surprised by a huge 12-ft. alligator which suddenly emerged from the murky water and began charging us with its large jaws wide open.
        She must have been protecting her nest because she was extremely aggressive. If I had not had my little Beretta Jetfire .25 calibre pistol with me, I would not be here today!
        Just one shot to my estranged husband's knee cap was all it took... The gator got him easily and I was able to escape by just walking away at a brisk pace.
        It's one of the best pistols in my collection! Plus the amount I saved in lawyer’s fees was incredible."

:mushroom:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• 10897080_10203474016193127_1901463013302945351_n.jpg

Comment

• "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

• 10639557_10152283918547821_8851199803913843441_n.jpg

Comment

• John Lennon famously said, “Before Elvis, there was nothing.”
                  :moon:

Comment

• 1185467_620363071341386_744603631_n.jpg

Comment

• Advices from An Old Farmer
                      Your fences need to be horse-high, pig-tight and bull-strong.
                      Keep skunks and bankers at a distance.
                      Life is simpler when you plow around the stump.
                      A bumble bee is considerably faster than a John Deere tractor.
                      Words that soak into your ears are whispered… not yelled.
                      Meanness don’t jes’ happen overnight.
                      Forgive your enemies; it messes up their heads.
                      Do not corner something that you know is meaner than you.
                      It don’t take a very big person to carry a grudge.
                      You cannot unsay a cruel word.
                      Every path has a few puddles.
                      When you wallow with pigs, expect to get dirty.
                      The best sermons are lived, not preached.
                      Most of the stuff people worry about ain’t never gonna happen anyway.
                      Don’t judge folks by their relatives.
                      Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
                      Live a good, honorable life… Then when you get older and think back, you’ll enjoy it a second time.
                      Don ‘t interfere with somethin’ that ain’t bothering you none.
                      Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a Rain dance.
                      If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop diggin’.
                      Sometimes you get, and sometimes you get got.
                      The biggest troublemaker you’ll probably ever have to deal with, watches you from the mirror every mornin’.
                      Always drink upstream from the herd.
                      Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment.
                      Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier than puttin’ it back in.
                      If you get to thinkin’ you’re a person of some influence, try orderin’ somebody else’s dog around..
                      Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.
                      Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.
                      Most times, it just gets down to common sense.

:stupid:

Comment

• 1496649_3848059278631696_398912945918798052_n.jpg

Comment

• Capture.JPG

Comment

• I haven't verified this on Snopes, but it sounds legitimate.
                            A recent study found that women who carry a little extra weight live
                            longer than the men who mention it.
                            :kiwi-fruit:

Comment

• 1620550_814188421932064_1643979211_n.jpg

Comment

• A DEA Agent stopped at a ranch in Texas and talked to an old rancher. He told the rancher, "I need to inspect your ranch for illegally grown drugs." The rancher said, "okay, but don't go into that field over there...", as he pointed out the location. The DEA Agent verbally exploded and said, "look mister, I have the authority of the federal government with me!" Reaching into his rear back pocket, the arrogant officer removed his badge and proudly displayed it to the rancher. "See this badge?! This badge means I can go wherever I want... On any land! No questions asked, no answers given! Do you understand old man?!"
                                The rancher kindly nodded, apologized, and went about his chores. Moments later the rancher heard loud screams, he looked up and saw the DEA agent running for his life, being chased by the ranchers big Santa Gertrudis Bull...... With every step the bull was gaining ground on the officer, and it was likely that he'd sure enough get gored before he reached safety. The officer was clearly terrified. The old rancher threw down his tools, ran as fast as he could to the fence, and yelled at the top of his lungs......
                                "YOUR BADGE! SHOW HIM YOUR BADGE!"

:tongue-new:

Comment

Working...
                                X