Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10384291_789856461046217_8356890796333899626_n.jpg
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• "I have noticed that even people who claim everything is predetermined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road."

Read more: stephen-hawking
      [“
      :star:
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• interesting-quotes-by-dr-seuss.jpg

Comment

• 10441077_10152535982298628_2873095280220213387_n.jpg

Comment

• "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." – Henry David Thoreau
            :tiger:

Comment

• Quote of the day -- Condoms don't guarantee safe sex. A friend of mine was wearing one when he was shot by the woman's husband.
              :eagerness:

Comment

• 10501843_797642530292894_6783672390737408914_n.jpg

Comment

• 10426326_10152381053461275_3679468362133431049_n.jpg

Comment

• 10157335_678969045473320_4734431561601099002_n.jpg

Comment

• "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”FDR
                      :triumphant:

Comment

• Property is surely a right of mankind as real as liberty. Perhaps, at first, prejudice, habit, shame or fear, principle or religion, would restrain the poor from attacking the rich, and the idle from usurping on the industrious; but the time would not be long before courage and enterprise would come, and pretexts be invented by degrees, to countenance the majority in dividing all the property among them, or at least, in sharing it equally with its present possessors. Debts would be abolished first; taxes laid heavy on the rich, and not at all on others; and at last a downright equal division of every thing be demanded, and voted. What would be the consequence of this? The idle, the vicious, the intemperate, would rush into the utmost extravagance of debauchery, sell and spend all their share, and then demand a new division of those who purchased from them. The moment the idea is admitted into society, that property is not as sacred as the laws of God, and that there is not a force of law and public justice to protect it, anarchy and tyranny commence.…
                        John Adams

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                          :triumphant:
                          How about: "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough means for those who have too little to provide more for themselves".

Comment

• or are unwilling to provide more for themselves.......

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
                              "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.”FDR
                              And by "We" he meant the State. That all sounds good in theory until you realize the force and theft of property required to make that happen.

"From each according to his abilities, to each according to his needs." - Karl Marx

Sound familiar?
                              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                              -John Wooden

Comment

• "All mankind... being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty or possessions."
                                John Locke
                                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                                -John Wooden

Comment

Working...
                                X