Daily Wit and Wisdom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
    If the artist didn't suck, maybe the artist wouldn't starve while doing their thing. A better, but still really weak argument could be made for the good gas station attendant. Maybe the good gas station attendant wouldn't starve if the place wasn't hiring lazy, starving artists.
    perhaps commercial success doesnt equal artistic quality
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by kcshocker11 View Post
      perhaps commercial success doesnt equal artistic quality
      And that is why artists, along with many others, must often make a choice between what makes them happy or what makes them a living. It is called life.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

And that is why artists, along with many others, must often make a choice between what makes them happy or what makes them a living. It is called life.
        Im sure they are well aware of what life is all about for their circumstances.
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Im sure they are well aware of what life is all about for their circumstances.
          Yep. They chose it. Many help support it. Good artists are usually discovered and make a comfortable living. I have a sister in law that is a crappy artist. She is living the crappy artist life. Even my wife and I have tried to support her by buying some of her crappy artist ****. I don't have the heart to crush her by telling her that she sucks. If you really want to help support the arts, buy some of her overpriced crappy stuff from me, then I'll buy some more overpriced crappy stuff from her.

Zappa's comment just shows how lost some artists are when it comes to real life. Oh, and this little concept called consequences.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Yep. They chose it. Many help support it. Good artists are usually discovered and make a comfortable living. I have a sister in law that is a crappy artist. She is living the crappy artist life. Even my wife and I have tried to support her by buying some of her crappy artist ****. I don't have the heart to crush her by telling her that she sucks. If you really want to help support the arts, buy some of her overpriced crappy stuff from me, then I'll buy some more overpriced crappy stuff from her.

Zappa's comment just shows how lost some artists are when it comes to real life. Oh, and this little concept called consequences.
            Your opinion!

Comment

• Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity. -FDR June 6, 1944

:star:

Comment

• 10403443_10152612703502228_2190750948650684965_n.jpg

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1519[/ATTACH]
                  Well, that really makes no sense. To Kill a Mockingbird is a classic, I understand the context of the quote, but alone, it is meaningless. You must make the assumption that whiskey is bad in order to draw anything from the quote. Whiskey is not bad, in my opinion. In fact, whiskey is quite good! The Bible is not bad, in my opinion, in fact the Bible is the greatest book on the face of the earth! The Bible is divine!

Misuse and abuse, on the other hand is bad. That goes for whiskey, gambling, working, playing, exercise, sex, relationships and yes, even the Bible.

But we all know that. Out of context, comparing the evils of the Bible to the evils of whiskey is just wrong. You just made God sad -but I forgive you. Hopefully God does as well.

Comment

• God wants spiritual fruit not religious nuts.Bumper Sticker
                    :triumphant:

Comment

• God calls us all, nuts included.

Comment

• 10380750_635540376537739_5263098001084041521_n.jpg

Comment

• “Beyond the Euphrates began for us the land of mirage and danger, the sands where one helplessly sank, and the roads which ended in nothing. The slightest reversal would have resulted in a jolt to our prestige giving rise to all kinds of catastrophe; the problem was not only to conquer but to conquer again and again, perpetually; our forces would be drained off in the attempt.”
                          The quote is from Hadrian, one of the last rulers before the beginning of the end of the Roman Empire, sometime between 117-138 A.D.
                          :listening_headphone

Comment

• 10474438_743456572378157_8688387719661064402_n.jpg

Comment

• The human heart can see what is hidden to the eyes; and the heart knows things that the mind does not begin to understand. From the movie “They might be giants"
                              :triumphant:

Comment

• 10390302_10152275352478842_7142178325754673323_n.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X