Election Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
    I’m not surprised a bully and a troll supports another bully and troll. But this is bigger than a basketball game, and I want you to own it. Right now, be a man or shut up and stay shut up. Endorse, fully, what is about to happen and fully embrace the economy of 2018 and 2020. No excuses, no lies. If the employment and GDP growth is lower in 2018 than it was in 2016, make a post saying “I was wrong.”

And likewise, I’m man enough to do the same. If the country isn't in a shithole in 2018 or 2020, I'll make a post saying "I was wrong."

And before you attack me for supporting Clinton, I personally hated her as a candidate more than any real candidate we’ve ever had. I voted Johnson.

Endorse Trump, fully and completely. Because he IS you.

Endorse the fact that Ivana Trump was granted a divorce because of Donald Trump’s “cruel and inhuman treatment.” What treatment?
    Endorse this:

Endorse that. Don’t hide, don’t ignore it. Say that you think that despite this, Donald Trump was the best choice to lead the country.

Endorse Trump calling POWs weak. Endorse Trump calling our generals an embarrassment.

Endorse the 24 Fair Labor Act violations. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...uits/85297274/

Endorse a man that won’t pay curtain makers, piano makers, lawyers, pollsters, etc. Endorse those actions, and all actions to follow.

It should be easy for you to endorse the bullying, the personal vindictiveness. After all, I’ve never seen any other side of you than that.

Endorse torture for terrorists and gays.

Endorse it all, or don’t talk at all. You might be a bully, but you don’t need to be a coward.
    Where in my post did it say who I supported?

All I stated is that you're an overreacting, panicking loon that should stay medicated. And this second overreactionary post just confirms it. lol
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      Where in my post did it say who I supported?

All I stated is that you're an overreacting, panicking loon that should stay medicated. And this second overreactionary post just confirms it. lol
      As I thought, you chose the "be a coward" option. Fine. I gave you a chance to be a man knowing full well you'd lol off and hide. Bullies are always cowards.

Comment

• Somebody woke up on the wrong side of MSNBC.

Comment

• Huge watershed moment for Republicans from a directional standpoint - I think historians will look back at this race like they have Goldwater's run in '64. That race redefined the GOP as the party of conservatism; this race redefined the GOP as the party of nationalist populism.

There was a lot of talk heading into the election of the looming GOP civil war. Last night ended that fight with one shot, one kill IMO. Trump (as with all Presidents) will be the de facto head of the Republican establishment and the platform will continue gravitating toward his policies. Some of those policies keep the status quo for the GOP (abortion; taxes), while others reflect a stark departure or total reversal from long-held positions (trade; foreign policy). Big moment for history nerds.

While I am glad Hillary will not be the next President, I am saddened that my brand of the Republican party took a deathblow last night (on the heels of multiple flesh wounds during the primary). Limited government conservatism is now an ideology without a party to call its home. Its adherents must either bend the knee within a GOP that now expressly views greater government involvement as the answer to society's problems (and engage in futile attempts to influence that party from within as the movement withers and dies with each bargain made), or they can branch off and form a smaller and electorally irrelevant party of their own. Neither option is appealing, but those are the only two available.

I will pray for President Trump and hope that he surrounds himself with skilled and capable advisors and staff, and will hope that his presidency brings about positive results.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
            Somebody woke up on the wrong side of MSNBC.
            rofl

I just think it's funny that he has this exact same doomsday approach when something goes slightly off-kilter in basketball season. He had us as a CBI at-large candidate for much of the year last year.

If that dude doesn't stay medicated, I'm pretty sure he'd stroke out within minutes.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
              It's just my interpretation of how the three branches are supposed to work together. The Senate should have put it to a vote, that would've obviously been better than what happened. Frankly, I think they should've gone with the nation's history of confirming the nominees as long as they're reasonable, and this guy certainly was that.

It's incredibly, incredibly important to have 9 justices on the Supreme Court. Keeping the seat open for this long has been irresponsible. The system isn't going to fix itself, though, because the general public thinks the Supreme Court does nothing except determine whether or not abortion should be allowed.
              Actually, your view is going against History in both parties. Only three times has a lame duck President tried to fill a SCOTUS opening since 1900. TWICE in HISTORY, REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS Taft and Hoover (they lost) nominated for a SCOTUS openings and the Democrat led Senate refused to vote on the matter and once a Democrat Johnson didn't run again and the Republican Senate refused to bring up the nomination. So there is precedent for what was done this time. Never, has a SCOTUS nomination been approved during a lame duck Presidency in the last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                Actually, your view is going against History in both parties. Only three times has a lame duck President tried to fill a SCOTUS opening since 1900. TWICE in HISTORY, REPUBLICAN PRESIDENTS Taft and Hoover (they lost) nominated for a SCOTUS openings and the Democrat led Senate refused to vote on the matter and once a Democrat Johnson didn't run again and the Republican Senate refused to bring up the nomination. So there is precedent for what was done this time. Never, has a SCOTUS nomination been approved during a lame duck Presidency in the last year.
                Wait... when do you think a president becomes a lame duck?

Comment

rofl

I just think it's funny that he has this exact same doomsday approach when something goes slightly off-kilter in basketball season. He had us as a CBI at-large candidate for much of the year last year.

If that dude doesn't stay medicated, I'm pretty sure he'd stroke out within minutes.
                  Adding liar to coward and bully? Nice hat trick.

Here is what I said at our lowest point last season:

I'm not saying we'll miss the tournament. I'm not saying we'll get an extremely bad seed. What I AM saying is that the margin is way thinner than usual because we have to prove we are good despite our early losses and we don't have a lot of chances to do that. In 2012-2013 we did that by beating Creighton (almost twice), getting to the MVC Final, and picking up some decent wins before our injuries struck. Instead of opening badly, we started off really well with decent to good victories over VCU, Iowa, and @AF and our losses started piling up after injury (in addition to the three major injuries I remember 5 other players lost time or games to injury that season, might be off). In other words, we might also get less slack because we are starting injured.

Best case scenario, we win both our must-wins in the non-conference, UNI and Evansville keep a top 50 RPI and we go 17-1 or 18-0 in the Valley. Everyone is happy, we probably earn a really great seed.
                  Middling scenario, we go 50/50 and get 2/3 quality wins from our conference. That gives us 3-4 quality wins, which is enough to easily get us out of the at-large discussion but not enough to secure more than a 5-7 seed.
                  Worst case scenario, we lose both and Evansville and UNI fall off the planet. We must win the MVC tournament to feel 100% on our odds at the tournament.
                  I was actually far more positive than the eventual reality. We did lose some games in conference, but finished up our ooc schedule pretty well and UNI was a decent enough team. But the RPI sorted out badly, with our good wins getting worse and we ended up in exactly in the scenario I described. We needed to win our tournament to be 100% and losing became one of the very last in.

I said we could still get a great seed by beating expectations and if we met expectations we should be in the 5-7 range. Instead we wound up in the last 4 in, even if we realistically should been at least a 10 seed safely in.

I highly recommend looking at your posts from the period with some introspection. I'm sure that after we 0-3'd at the tournament you were far more positive of our chances than I, supported Marshall and the players and behaved with total dignity.

Or do you want to hypocrite to liar, coward, and bully?

Thanks for letting me vent by the way. Nothing better to get me back to being smug you know what. It's good therapy.

Comment

• I think it's hopeful that you admit you are in need of some sort of therapy.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think it's hopeful that you admit you are in need of some sort of therapy.
                      Good one! I'll give you points for finding the perfect quip. Deflects adequately, is short, sweet, let's you respond without needing to actually address your own lie. 10/10.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                        Much the same. I voted for McMullen, but am happy that the Clintons are gone, gone, gone. His acceptance speech was quite good.
                        Ditto. I would have voted for Trump if I was in a contested state. To me the election was won by Trump not so much because of Trump but due to a very deep feeling of being betrayed and ignored by and being fed up with the establishiment and a very deep and passionate dislike of Hillary Clinton.

Wikeleaks was probably a bit of a factor not that they probably flipped the votes of too many, if any, Clintonites but the may have influenced Independents and NeverTrumpers to vote against Clinton and they may well have depressed Democrat turnout a bit and perhaps spurred the turnout in support of Trump.

No excuses now, however. If the Republicans don't take advantage of this opportunity to shine they could be in trouble down the road.

President Obama was almost as big a loser last night as Hillary was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          Huge watershed moment for Republicans from a directional standpoint - I will pray for President Trump and hope that he surrounds himself with skilled and capable advisors and staff, and will hope that his presidency brings about positive results.
                          Agreed. He must start by dissolving our current military advisers -warhawks- that have destabilized N. Africa, resulting in a hell-on-earth in modern day Syria, and the region. These guys unchecked could have ignited WWIII, which would have pre-empted Shocker hoops:

Attached Files

Comment

So now you've devolved into Bill Clinton doubletalk. It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is.
                            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

In Obama's case, the first inauguration day
                              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                              ---------------------------------------
                              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• nm

Comment

Working...
                                X