Election Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
    I am ashamed for my country. I don't care what you think about politics. I don't care how much you think we needed change.

Trump is not fit, on any level, to be President. Morally. Personally. Politically. He is, without any doubt the worst Presidential candidate in history.

And again, I'm not talking about hating his policy yet. I'm just saying that the man lacks even the start of the principles or mannerisms that make a successful President. He's a strong-arm bully that tries to win out of vindictiveness, not conviction. Even if his supporters don't, he himself embodies all the -isms the left loves to talk about. He lacks the judgment, temperament, even the basic social skills.

His policies are anti-intellectual crap that seem to always run counter to what sanity says is the best choice. He will cause a depression. He will dramatically increase the debt. Worst of all, from all we've seen he would be willing to do those things just to personally enrich himself. How many thousands of people has cheated as businessman, not through "great deals" but by literally not paying for what he is given? That something only someone worthless as a human being would pull, a narcissist or a sociopath.

The "Wall" is an example. Everything about the wall was anti-fact. Anti-Fact - Illegal Mexican immigrants are pouring over the border. Fact - We have net negative net immigration to Mexico. Fact - Most come here legally and overstay Visas. Anti-Fact illegals are tremendously dangerous. Fact - Illegal immigrants commit violent crime at a MUCH lower rate than citizens. Anti-Fact: A wall is the best solution. Fact - Drones + more agents would do more good for FAR less money than a wall at stopping immigrants.

And if you are libertarian leaning in even the slightest regard, you should be deeply afraid of having every branch of government align. No government overreaches more than the one with no checks and balances, and even if you mostly agree with conservatives you should understand the incredible danger of having a Republican House/Senate/Supreme Court/President while also dominated local and state elections. When you DO disagree, nothing can be done. No one can stand up. No one can dissent. Libertarians should be most happy when government is grid-locked as the party's fight each other, and most afraid when the government gets a blank check and freedom to do whatever they want.

I will not respect the man, and I consider it a great slap in my face to have him as the President of this country. Not my country, this country. This is a defeat for everyone that values competence. It is a defeat for everyone that fears big government. It is a defeat for this country's standing in the world, and a defeat for common sense and dignity. Trump will not, and can not "Make America Great Again." He is lacking, his party is lacking, and his policies are lacking. This country is now racially divided as white people have for the first time voted as a ethnic blog against all other groups, and that will not change. Donald Trump will not bring us together, he will and has torn us apart.

It is in a Depression starting today whose magnitude we won't fully grasp for years. White working class people are going to find that Donald Trump hurts them as much as he hurts everyone else, and I hope that they own that in 2018 and 2020.

Rant Out.
    your tears are delicious

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post

What the Republicans did in the last year has set a precedent for the executive and legislative branches to completely ignore the system of checks and balances that exists in our country. It's similar to Brownback's treatment of the Kansas judiciary. There just isn't respect for the separate roles these branches are supposed to serve.
      Republican created a precedent? Precedent has been being set by the actions of the democrats and their surrogates for the last 8 years.

1. Obama and his executive orders he used to circumvent the Legislative branch.
      2. The active judiciary.
      3. The Democratic senate when they implement the nuclear option in the senate. In fact Tim Kaine just last week said when Hillary won and took back control of the senate they were going to pull the nuclear option again to make sure they got their supreme court nominee.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        It's time for people like me, and if you want to say it, the silent majority of white America, to help our fellow citizens out of the mess their Democratic (and yes some Republican leaders) have created for them.

With great power comes great responsibility. And the time is now. It's time, maybe past time, for "us" to govern for ALL Americans, and to work together and FIX problems and not only make America greater than she's ever been, but to make it the land of opportunity for many more people that want that opportunity.
        This sounds nice, but I'm not sure what it actually looks like in real, practical terms.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
            This sounds nice, but I'm not sure what it actually looks like in real, practical terms.
            You quoted me so I lift my personal ban hammer for a second. (FYI I will not engage in a protracted argument with you).

I don't know what it means either, but do I have to, today?

While I am mildly encouraged, in kind of a negative way, that Hillary Clinton will not be President, I think this is a dangerous time, and a crossroads in our country.

Tough decisions have to be made, and I'm certain many of them will not be popular.

I saw a new commercial from Koch on MSNBC this morning, and found it powerful. I encourage all to find and watch it.

I need to be a better person and a better citizen. So do you. So do cop killers. So do bigots. So do hate mongers, ON BOTH SIDES. So does everyone. Let's BE that better person, by doing, and not just saying.

Maybe it is Pollyannaish, but we should, at a minimum, try.

Comment

That's not how the Supreme Court works. It's not supposed to be a political bargaining chip.
              The President can nominate anyone he wants.
              Congress can say "no" to any nominee the President throws their way.
              There is absolutely nothing in the constitution that says Congress must accept the 1st, or the 2nd, or the 3rd... or the xth nominee.
              Congress is regularly up for re-election. If the American people think they've done a poor job turning down qualified nominees, they can vote them out.
              Say Hillary had won. Say she then truly appointed moderate justices as a compromise. 4 years of refusing to confirm any of them and the R's would have been toast in 2020. The system works itself out.
              Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; November 9, 2016, 11:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                You quoted me so I lift my personal ban hammer for a second. (FYI I will not engage in a protracted argument with you).
                Yay

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                I don't know what it means either, but do I have to, today?
                Nope, take your time. Fair enough.

While I am mildly encouraged, in kind of a negative way, that Hillary Clinton will not be President, I think this is a dangerous time, and a crossroads in our country.

Tough decisions have to be made, and I'm certain many of them will not be popular.
                Agreed.

I saw a new commercial from Koch on MSNBC this morning, and found it powerful. I encourage all to find and watch it.

I need to be a better person and a better citizen. So do you. So do cop killers. So do bigots. So do hate mongers, ON BOTH SIDES. So does everyone. Let's BE that better person, by doing, and not just saying.

Maybe it is Pollyannaish, but we should, at a minimum, try.
                If that means try to be respectful, honest, and listen to other's opinions with an open mind, I'm all for it. Not real excited about the prospects of Trump leading that movement though.

Comment

• Gained some respect for Hillary.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Congress can say "no" to any nominee the President throws their way.
                    There is absolutely nothing in the constitution that says Congress must accept the 1st, or the 2nd, or the 3rd... or the xth nominee.
                    I agree, but this Congress didn't say no. They refused to say anything, and they used it as a political tool to get elected. The duty of Congress is to say either yes or no, not just put it off in hopes of getting control themselves.

You also mention that the system works itself out. I'm not sure I believe that. They spent one year refusing to hold hearings on this guy, and they weren't punished at all. That is exactly why I'm sick to my stomach.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Dude wasn't a moderate, I checked his record. Just because Obama touted him as a moderate, doesn't make him a moderate.
                      Then hold the hearings, don't confirm him, and let Obama nominate someone else.

Also, it's not just Obama that said he was a moderate. Just because he's not a conservative, doesn't mean he's not a moderate. http://mediamatters.org/research/201...-garlan/209303

Comment

• Trump needs to cut a backroom deal where the Clintons shut down their Foundation (and are not allowed to start any new ones) and then he calls off all investigations of her and even pardons her for the email lunacy -- giving her one shot at grace. That would go a long way for reconciliation, but the Clintons must absolutely not be allowed to continue with the Foundation front.

That would be a good way to end the distraction of Hillary going forward.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I agree, but this Congress didn't say no. They refused to say anything, and they used it as a political tool to get elected. The duty of Congress is to say either yes or no, not just put it off in hopes of getting control themselves.
                          There is no requirement that they proceed to a full vote. They can say "no" by stopping the nominee at the beginning. This is what they do to proposed legislation all the time.

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          You also mention that the system works itself out. I'm not sure I believe that. They spent one year refusing to hold hearings on this guy, and they weren't punished at all. That is exactly why I'm sick to my stomach.
                          Maybe a sizeable chunk of voters didn't like Obama's appointment. Maybe 1 year isn't that long. 4 years of turning down multiple, truly moderate, nominees would be much different than 1 year of turning down 1.

Comment

Then hold the hearings, don't confirm him, and let Obama nominate someone else.
                            Obama was free to take their clear "no" for what it was, a vote of "no", and then nominate someone else. Republicans gave their answer. You don't have to like it to accept it as their answer, and then proceed accordingly.

It seems like you are upset that they didn't give all members of Congress an opportunity to vote. Only key committee members got to vote. That's just how Congress works. If you have been promoted to a position of power, you get to make preliminary votes to even determine if the "lesser" members of Congress get involved at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                              Im shocked that CBB is having another overreaction meltdown. Shocked.

I just hope he gets back on his meds before the basketball season begins.
                              I’m not surprised a bully and a troll supports another bully and troll. But this is bigger than a basketball game, and I want you to own it. Right now, be a man or shut up and stay shut up. Endorse, fully, what is about to happen and fully embrace the economy of 2018 and 2020. No excuses, no lies. If the employment and GDP growth is lower in 2018 than it was in 2016, make a post saying “I was wrong.”

And likewise, I’m man enough to do the same. If the country isn't in a shithole in 2018 or 2020, I'll make a post saying "I was wrong."

And before you attack me for supporting Clinton, I personally hated her as a candidate more than any real candidate we’ve ever had. I voted Johnson.

Endorse Trump, fully and completely. Because he IS you.

Endorse the fact that Ivana Trump was granted a divorce because of Donald Trump’s “cruel and inhuman treatment.” What treatment?
                              Endorse this:

Suddenly, according to Ivana, The Donald storms into the room. He is looking very angry, and he is cursing out load.
                              “Your ****ing doctor ruined me!” he screams.
                              The Donald flings Ivana down onto the bed. Then he pins back her arms and grabs her by the hair. The part of the hair he is grabbing corresponds to the spot on his head where the scalp reduction was done. He starts ripping out Ivana’s hair by the handful, as if he is trying to make her feel the same kind of pain that he is feeling.
                              Ivana starts crying and screaming. The entire bed is being covered with strands of her golden locks. But The Donald is not finished. He rips off her clothes and unzips his pants. Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in more than sixteen months.
                              Ivana is terrified. This is not lovemaking. It is a violent assault. She later describes what The Donald is doing to her in no uncertain terms. … “He raped me”
                              When The Donald finally pulls out, Ivana jumps up from the bed. Then she runs upstairs to her mother’s room. She locks the door and stays their crying the rest of the night.
                              The next morning Ivana musters up the courage to return to the master bedroom. The Donald is waiting for her. He leaves no doubt that he knows exactly what he did to her the night before. As he she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: “Does it hurt?”
                              Endorse that. Don’t hide, don’t ignore it. Say that you think that despite this, Donald Trump was the best choice to lead the country.

Endorse Trump calling POWs weak. Endorse Trump calling our generals an embarrassment.

Endorse the 24 Fair Labor Act violations. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...uits/85297274/

Endorse a man that won’t pay curtain makers, piano makers, lawyers, pollsters, etc. Endorse those actions, and all actions to follow.

It should be easy for you to endorse the bullying, the personal vindictiveness. After all, I’ve never seen any other side of you than that.

Endorse torture for terrorists and gays.

Endorse it all, or don’t talk at all. You might be a bully, but you don’t need to be a coward.

Comment

Obama was free to take their clear "no" for what it was, a vote of "no", and then nominate someone else. Republicans gave their answer. You don't have to like it to accept it as their answer, and then proceed accordingly.

It seems like you are upset that they didn't give all members of Congress an opportunity to vote. Only key committee members got to vote. That's just how Congress works. If you have been promoted to a position of power, you get to make preliminary votes to even determine if the "lesser" members of Congress get involved at all.
                                It's just my interpretation of how the three branches are supposed to work together. The Senate should have put it to a vote, that would've obviously been better than what happened. Frankly, I think they should've gone with the nation's history of confirming the nominees as long as they're reasonable, and this guy certainly was that.

It's incredibly, incredibly important to have 9 justices on the Supreme Court. Keeping the seat open for this long has been irresponsible. The system isn't going to fix itself, though, because the general public thinks the Supreme Court does nothing except determine whether or not abortion should be allowed.

Comment

Working...
                                X