Election Day 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    As to the second sentence, I hate it when anyone lumps a very large group as all the same, particularly when the intent is to sensationalize. I'm a conservative, I very much dislike Russia, and I'm pretty certain that most conservatives I know do to.
    Fair enough. That was my intention, and that wasn't fair to many reasonable conservatives.

To be fair, though, the poll that I linked to suggests that conservative numbers have shifted radically in the last six months. Obviously, not all of them, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
      I couldn't agree more, and I'm very disappointed that it appears they're not willing to make any changes. I (and I'm biased) am not even sure it's a policy thing as much as it is a rhetoric or attitude issue or something else. Democrats should have never lost Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc, and it's not like their policies are so incredibly different from when they were winning those states.

Many liberals I've spoken to are content saying nothing needs to change since they "won" the election by so many votes. I'm worried they're going to keep being surprised by elections like this.
      Looking back on it now, I believe the Democrats lost a lot of involvement with young people, independents and particularly those laborer independents in the states you mentioned, with the way the DNC handled Sanders and I'm talking well before the convention. They were either not going to vote or voted for Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
        I couldn't agree more, and I'm very disappointed that it appears they're not willing to make any changes. I (and I'm biased) am not even sure it's a policy thing as much as it is a rhetoric or attitude issue or something else. Democrats should have never lost Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, etc, and it's not like their policies are so incredibly different from when they were winning those states.

Many liberals I've spoken to are content saying nothing needs to change since they "won" the election by so many votes. I'm worried they're going to keep being surprised by elections like this.

I think that the majority of Americans in states from Montana to West Virginia and Texas to Wiscy and Pennsylvania, see the economy as leaving them behind and the unfriendly business policies of Barack O'Bama and the Democratic Party are a big part of the reason. The Dems take care of the poor by giving them free things but don't promote jobs to the poor, or middle class.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          I think that the majority of Americans in states from Montana to West Virginia and Texas to Wiscy and Pennsylvania, see the economy as leaving them behind and the unfriendly business policies of Barack O'Bama and the Democratic Party are a big part of the reason. The Dems take care of the poor by giving them free things but don't promote jobs to the poor, or middle class.
          One other point is that 62 percent of the American people said that our government was on the wrong track.

Comment

Working...
          X