Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Years ago I played golf in a fund raiser with Steve Kerr. Great guy. Could not have been nicer. Sat down and had drinks with him and he treated us like we were life long friends.

Obviously since then he's fallen down and hit his head on something very, very hard.
    The irony is that Kerr has the right to express his opinion in this country regardless of how ill-informed he is. Had he been a Chinese citizen who condemned China and praised the Unfited States he may have recieved more than just some criticism. Nice guy or not.

OTOH, it remains to be seen how much longer we will have free speech rights in whatever is coming down the pike in this country.
    Last edited by 1972Shocker; October 12, 2019, 09:30 PM.

Comment

• Trump picks up a few hitchhikers on his way from DC to his Louisiana Rally.

The 2019 Little League World Series champions went back home to Louisiana in style after they accepted a last-minute invitation Friday to fly aboard Air Force One with President Trump.

The Eastbank All-Stars were visiting Washington, D.C., following their 8-0 victory over Curacao in August to clinch the baseball title, Politico reported. The team took a tour of the Capitol in a visit hosted by Republican Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, who serves as the House minority whip.

The Louisiana players met with Trump at the White House and again at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. Trump was heading to Lake Charles, La., to galvanize Republicans in a bid to keep Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards from winning a second term.

During the visit, Trump invited the team to hitch a ride aboard the aircraft.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
        Trump picks up a few hitchhikers on his way from DC to his Louisiana Rally.

The 2019 Little League World Series champions went back home to Louisiana in style after they accepted a last-minute invitation Friday to fly aboard Air Force One with President Trump.

The Eastbank All-Stars were visiting Washington, D.C., following their 8-0 victory over Curacao in August to clinch the baseball title, Politico reported. The team took a tour of the Capitol in a visit hosted by Republican Rep. Steve Scalise of Louisiana, who serves as the House minority whip.

The Louisiana players met with Trump at the White House and again at Andrews Air Force Base in Maryland. Trump was heading to Lake Charles, La., to galvanize Republicans in a bid to keep Democratic Gov. John Bel Edwards from winning a second term.

During the visit, Trump invited the team to hitch a ride aboard the aircraft.

He definitely has the "common touch."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

He definitely has the "common touch."
          And he’s not sniffing anyone’s hair.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• DOJ IG Report (May Be) Out Friday, Will Cover More Than FISA Abuse

“I’m hearing the IG report will be out this upcoming Friday, Oct. 18, and my sources say it’s as thick as a telephone book,” Bartiromo said, adding that it covers “more than just FISA abuse.”

The real news here is that it’s seemingly confirmed that it covers more than FISA abuse, which likely will end up a dead end anyway. No doubt Horowitz will cite some breaches of protocol or label the FISA warrants illegal, but I have strong suspicions the DOJ will claim they can’t prove intent.

We’ll have to wait and see where this goes. The smart money is on it not mattering much, being buried by the media, and nothing actually happening.

Comment

• New FISA Court Opinion Reveals More Illegal FBI Spying On Americans

Comment

• Buzz: A New Delay In Release Of IG FISA Abuse Report Due To ‘Intra-Agency Debate’ Over Redactions

Now they are saying the end of the month (maybe). Looks like the Deep State is fighting for all their worth.

Comment

• U.S., Turkey Reach Ceasefire Agreement in Syria Conflict

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...yria-conflict/

Good news. Hope it holds.

Comment

U.S., Turkey Reach Ceasefire Agreement in Syria Conflict

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...yria-conflict/

Good news. Hope it holds.
                    It looks like someone forgot to tell the Turks and Kurds.

The Syrian ceasefire the US brokered is already falling apart

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                      ... If we can't win, don't fight.
                      I'm a Nam vet. We haven't fought a single war since then where we could possibly lose, but had no exit strategy if we won. I am absolutely opposed to risking American lives in Middle East conflicts, which gives me a reason to support the withdrawal of troops from Syria. Moving them to Saudi makes a mockery of not wanting to be involved in conflicts in that area.

There's another thing I learned in the military. You would rather give up your own life than let your buddies and those supporting you die if you abandon them.

We only had a couple hundred troops along the Turkey/Syria border. If anybody tried moving past the areas where our troops were stationed, it would have been considered an attack on the USA. NOBODY was going to do that. We never had more than about a thousand advisers in the fight against ISIS in Syria. The Kurds did the dirty work for us and lost more troops than we've lost in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Kurds aren't "nice" people, but they are the ones who fought and died for our cause. Now we're claiming a victory in their homeland by giving them 5 days to leave their homeland without any enforcement over violations of that agreement.

In military training, I was taught that you lay down your life to support those fighting with you. Our troops on the Syria/Turkey border were in no danger. No one was going to attack American troops. Now our allies are being forced to leave their homes with the "cease fire" we negotiated that's being ignored by the people we negotiated it with.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• For Peggy Noonan and her elitist pals…here’s a little plainspeak for you

I pretty good take. Although I question one key comment:

We the people are not too stupid to see what was done, and we don’t forget who did it.
                        Now I am not sure it is a matter of stupidity or lack of smarts. Perhaps very busy lives, lack of interest, lack of life experiences and perspective, lack of historical perspective,victimization attitudes,
                        indoctrination, etc. etc. etc, come into play. But, regardless I am not convinced that We The People have the smarts or depth the author is implying. A lot do. A lot do not for various reasons. I am personally on the pessimistic side when it comes to the future of the seemingly not so United States. What replaces the status quo and the timetable for that is difficult if not impossible to assess. Maybe it will be something better but that is hard for me to imagine in the current environment.

Comment

• Seeing Some Trees in the Forest of Babble

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz62uLrbyxb

Comment

• Conrad Black: Trump’s Big Move On Turkey May Gain U.S. Goals

https://www.nysun.com/foreign/trump-...s-goals/90872/

Comment

Conrad Black: Trump’s Big Move On Turkey May Gain U.S. Goals

https://www.nysun.com/foreign/trump-...s-goals/90872/

A good read.
                              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Like Him or Not, Trump is Uniquely Suited for Such a Time as This

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/arti...#ixzz630B1E6J3

Comment

Working...
                                X