X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deplorable.jpg
    Attached Files

Comment

• Tillerson out, Pompeo in as secretary of state.

Comment

• Rex Tillerson, Gary Cohn, Hope Hicks, Rob Porter, Omarosa Manigault-Newman, Dina Powell, Tom Price, Sebastian Gorka, Steve Bannon, Anthony Scaramucci, Reince Priebus, Sean Spicer, Mike Dubke, James Comey, Mike Flynn, Sally Yates. Something something, best people, drain the swamp, tired of winning.

Comment

• I've been told all the Tillerson speculation is fake news.

Comment

• ShockTalk
            ShockTalk commented
            Editing a comment
            You don't really understand. "Leaving soon" to Trump is a month or two. Good longevity is anything longer than that.

• McCabe got fired yesterday when he was set to retire tomorrow. Pretty crazy that his pension is jeopardized just because Trump clearly wanted to put a black mark on McCabe's reputation before retirement in case he's ever called to testify against Trump.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
            McCabe got fired yesterday when he was set to retire tomorrow. Pretty crazy that his pension is jeopardized just because Trump clearly wanted to put a black mark on McCabe's reputation before retirement in case he's ever called to testify against Trump.
            The Justice Department is reviewing a recommendation that it fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe ahead of his forthcoming retirement.

I didn't know The President was a member of the FBI's very own Office of Professional Responsibility.

Does Gen. Flynn have any kind of a pension plan to help him with his judicial expenses?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

The Justice Department is reviewing a recommendation that it fire former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe ahead of his forthcoming retirement.

I didn't know The President was a member of the FBI's very own Office of Professional Responsibility.

Does Gen. Flynn have any kind of a pension plan to help him with his judicial expenses?
              It is my understanding Flynn gets to keep his pension despite pleading guilty since he was already retired.

Comment

• Facebook, Cambridge Analytica and Trump: What you need to know

Comment

• Cambridge Analytica Uncovered: Secret filming reveals election tricks

Comment

• I’m curious if anyone strongly believes it is unethical to use online analytics to target online audiences?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• A huge part of our opioid problem is that Doctors were prescribing those things like they were placebos for years and years. Once it became public knowledge (which the pharmaceuticals and doctors should have known 50 years ago) that pain pills were addictive, doctors cut back on prescribing them. The addicts that became addicts by way of the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies were left with lower supply levels than their addiction required.

Literally millions of people addicted to opioids their doctor prescribed became the street market for street dealers. I don't quite see the logic of death to those who take care of the demand for a product when those who created the demand for that product have no penalty or repercussions.

I would really like to see some audited numbers on the amount of opioids produced by pharma and the number prescribed by doctors. It seems there is an appearance of a lot of "leakage" between the manufacturing and the prescribing functions. There were just too many reports of pharmaceutical pain meds available from street dealers. How did the street dealers get the pharmaceutical variety? Were pharmaceutical companies really the "drug kingpin" behind the huge jump in supply on the streets? Are we going to execute pharmaceutical executives if it's found they were supplying the street market and actually were the top line of drug dealers?
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                        A huge part of our opioid problem is that Doctors were prescribing those things like they were placebos for years and years. Once it became public knowledge (which the pharmaceuticals and doctors should have known 50 years ago) that pain pills were addictive, doctors cut back on prescribing them. The addicts that became addicts by way of the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies were left with lower supply levels than their addiction required.

Literally millions of people addicted to opioids their doctor prescribed became the street market for street dealers. I don't quite see the logic of death to those who take care of the demand for a product when those who created the demand for that product have no penalty or repercussions.

I would really like to see some audited numbers on the amount of opioids produced by pharma and the number prescribed by doctors. It seems there is an appearance of a lot of "leakage" between the manufacturing and the prescribing functions. There were just too many reports of pharmaceutical pain meds available from street dealers. How did the street dealers get the pharmaceutical variety? Were pharmaceutical companies really the "drug kingpin" behind the huge jump in supply on the streets? Are we going to execute pharmaceutical executives if it's found they were supplying the street market and actually were the top line of drug dealers?
                        Did Trump tweet something? Just FYI, we produce 1 million injectable doses of hydromorphone or Morphine or dilauded every two days at Pfizer. The amount we manufacture is strictly regulated by the government. They set the quota, not the free market.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                          A huge part of our opioid problem is that Doctors were prescribing those things like they were placebos for years and years. Once it became public knowledge (which the pharmaceuticals and doctors should have known 50 years ago) that pain pills were addictive, doctors cut back on prescribing them. The addicts that became addicts by way of the medical profession and the pharmaceutical companies were left with lower supply levels than their addiction required.

I found the articles and read the headlines. I’m not really sure where you’re going with this, but I would think personal responsibility is important, so I will offer some counter arguments.

Yes, opiates were over-prescribed for years...right up until the early 80s. 35 years have gone by since then, yet now we are in crisis mode. I am doubtful that something that happened nearly two generations ago is causing today’s epidemic.

Doctors didn’t prescribe meds so patients would become addicted. Patients became addicted by lying to their doctors about pain they didn’t have.

See above about quotas for schedule II meds. The DEA is way more serious than the IRS when it comes to auditing. How is the medicine getting out? Weekly my facility receives complaints about “lack of effect” for opiates. The units are sent back to us and 100 times out of 100, the meds are tampered with. Hospital employees are stealing half the amount and back filling it with water. That gets used to feed an addiction or sold on the black market.

Complicated issue, and I’m not saying Trump is right in his plan, but let’s actually look at the problem if we want to solve it.
                          Livin the dream

Comment

• WuDrWu
                            WuDrWu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            That is hard to believe....not questioning you at all, but sheesh. It's that bad? I would love to hear more about that and how it works (or doesn't work).

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Weekly my facility receives complaints about “lack of effect” for opiates. The units are sent back to us and 100 times out of 100, the meds are tampered with. Hospital employees are stealing half the amount and back filling it with water.
                          That's absolutely crazy.

Comment

• WuDrWu
                            WuDrWu commented
                            Editing a comment
                            See, we can agree on things. ;)

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

I found the articles and read the headlines. I’m not really sure where you’re going with this, but I would think personal responsibility is important, so I will offer some counter arguments.

Yes, opiates were over-prescribed for years...right up until the early 80s. 35 years have gone by since then, yet now we are in crisis mode. I am doubtful that something that happened nearly two generations ago is causing today’s epidemic.

Doctors didn’t prescribe meds so patients would become addicted. Patients became addicted by lying to their doctors about pain they didn’t have.

See above about quotas for schedule II meds. The DEA is way more serious than the IRS when it comes to auditing. How is the medicine getting out? Weekly my facility receives complaints about “lack of effect” for opiates. The units are sent back to us and 100 times out of 100, the meds are tampered with. Hospital employees are stealing half the amount and back filling it with water. That gets used to feed an addiction or sold on the black market.

Complicated issue, and I’m not saying Trump is right in his plan, but let’s actually look at the problem if we want to solve it.
                          Actually lying about pain is not what happened at all, also the over prescription wasn't just "up until the early 80s" that's when it actually started and became a flurry in the 90's with OxyContin. The reason that opioids became such an issue is that some studies that said they were not habit forming primarily in controlled settings(ie a hospital) were misused by pharma companies to say they were non-habit forming full stop. Then they made a push 90's to get these drugs to be the go to for pain management.

The scale and darkness of this epidemic is a sign of a civilization in a more acute crisis than we knew.

Comment

Working...
                          X