Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Ummm, the media?
    Have you seen all the videos of people screaming and cursing at the "media pen"? Have you missed the stories of media members being followed to their cars afterwards by angry supporters? Getting their cars keyed simply because they work for CNN?

A cameraman tried to get in position to show the "possible assassination attempt on Trump" once he saw something was happening the other night and the crowd started threatening him. Trump has convinced large portions of his audiences they should utterly despise anyone with media credentials at all, and many of them are taking this attitude and turning it into threats and even physical confrontations.

This is not how a civil society operates.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
      But didn't we learn, through wikileaks and other sources, that the violence was initiated by plants placed in the Trump rallies? And didn't we learn that the media was told where to be and what to expect at the rallies?

Or do we just ignore all of that?
      I fully believe that there have been some instances of Trump supporters responding violently after being provoked by a plant. Not that this fully excuses the Trump supporter of course, but it is indeed relevant.

With that said, I find it laughable to think that anything more than a small fraction of all the detestable behavior by Trump supporters has been somehow egged on by Clinton's thugs. More specifically, as I was previously referring to the treatment of the media, Trump himself routinely riles up his crowds against the media present at the events. The video coverage of how some of the people in his crowds have then responded is undeniable. Or are you arguing that the folks simply getting paid to write a story about the event are asking to be verbally threatened, and sometimes, even physically intimidated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        Have you seen all the videos of people screaming and cursing at the "media pen"? Have you missed the stories of media members being followed to their cars afterwards by angry supporters? Getting their cars keyed simply because they work for CNN?

A cameraman tried to get in position to show the "possible assassination attempt on Trump" once he saw something was happening the other night and the crowd started threatening him. Trump has convinced large portions of his audiences they should utterly despise anyone with media credentials at all, and many of them are taking this attitude and turning it into threats and even physical confrontations.

This is not how a civil society operates.
        No offense, but I'm betting some folks from FOX might get their cars keyed if they covered a dem rally the way CNN does. They're as bad to the left as FOX is to the right.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
          No offense, but I'm betting some folks from FOX might get their cars keyed if they covered a dem rally the way CNN does. They're as bad to the left as FOX is to the right.
          Why isn't FOX getting its cars keyed? Why aren't its members receiving a fraction of the physical and verbal threats at Hillary rallies that CNN is getting at Trump rallies?

Comment

I fully believe that there have been some instances of Trump supporters responding violently after being provoked by a plant. Not that this fully excuses the Trump supporter of course, but it is indeed relevant.

With that said, I find it laughable to think that anything more than a small fraction of all the detestable behavior by Trump supporters has been somehow egged on by Clinton's thugs. More specifically, as I was previously referring to the treatment of the media, Trump himself routinely riles up his crowds against the media present at the events. The video coverage of how some of the people in his crowds have then responded is undeniable. Or are you arguing that the folks simply getting paid to write a story about the event are asking to be verbally threatened, and sometimes, even physically intimidated?
            Last post here from agnostic me for awhile (I'm really Switzerland, I voted for Trump as a protest vote, he's going to carry Texas no matter what I do).

I DO agree with your point regards the 'average' Trump protester may be more prone to violence than the 'average' Hillary supporter. One easy way to know this is to look at Maricopa County, Arizona, where Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been harassing people who don't agree with him for years. Arpaio probably gets a lot of support from the Joe Lunchbucket crowd, but interestingly enough, he and a number of other Phoenix-area pols seem to get a LOT of support from white nationalists. Just google that along with Phoenix Times (the city's alternative newspaper) and you will get an eyeful. Arpaio is losing this year, and I'm betting that a lot of newly-registered Latinos showing up and voting against him (as well as the $65-70 million in judgments he has cost county taxpayers) are the two main reasons he will lose tomorrow.

Oh and while we're at it, some of Hillary's supporters have been criticized because they hate white people. Case in point? Jay-Z, who did a benefit concert for Hillary. Here's an old article about him wearing a symbol synonymous with racism in the African-American community:

Comment

I voted for Trump as a protest vote, he's going to carry Texas no matter what I do
              Possibly the strangest protest vote I've ever heard of. If you are admittedly voting for a loser in your state, why on Earth lend your support to an awful human being like Trump?

Comment

Why isn't FOX getting its cars keyed? Why aren't its members receiving a fraction of the physical and verbal threats at Hillary rallies that CNN is getting at Trump rallies?
                I'm breaking my three post rule, but since you asked the question, let me turn it around for you. How do you know that FOX hasn't had their cars keyed while covering democratic rallies and events? Perhaps they don't complain about it publically. Just a thought.

Comment

I'm breaking my three post rule, but since you asked the question, let me turn it around for you. How do you know that FOX hasn't had their cars keyed while covering democratic rallies and events? Perhaps they don't complain about it publically. Just a thought.
                  Fox employees are either getting less abuse than other networks, or they are a unique group of "non-whiners" set apart from the rest of the "whining" media, and are going so far as to suppress the video evidence of the abuse they are suffering.

Occam's Razor. Easy choice.

Comment

Possibly the strangest protest vote I've ever heard of. If you are admittedly voting for a loser in your state, why on Earth lend your support to an awful human being like Trump?
                    Perhaps because I'm being forced to choose between the lesser of two crooks. What Trump is saying resounds more with me, and he has tapped into a discontent among many middle class people in this country. In other words, Trump says things (when he's not being racist or misogynist) that I identify with more. Hillary is not offering any answers to my concerns and I think the press has given her a free pass regards her view and opinions of white males.

However, I have one cardinal rule. Never trust a person who lies to you repeatedly. Both of these candidates have been caught in lies repeatedly, which ought to make people wonder why there are strong supporters on either side. In my world, if you have someone who easily and willingly lies to you about any of a number of things, how can you trust anything else they say? I don't expect Trump to give all of us free Bubble-up and rainbow stew if he wins tomorrow. I expect Trump to enact policies that enrich himself and his businesses. I don't expect anything from Hillary except to continue to be passive-aggressive towards white males in general and middle-aged ones in particular. As I've pointed out in the past, she is going to owe the folks from Emily's list so bad that she will indeed be the second coming Anne Richards (except on a national scale).

Comment

Fox employees are either getting less abuse than other networks, or they are a unique group of "non-whiners" set apart from the rest of the "whining" media, and are going so far as to suppress the video evidence of the abuse they are suffering.

Occam's Razor. Easy choice.
                      But you can't prove it. You can only speculate. Just remember:
                      "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a lovely Christmas."

Comment

Perhaps because I'm being forced to choose between the lesser of two crooks. What Trump is saying resounds more with me, and he has tapped into a discontent among many middle class people in this country. In other words, Trump says things (when he's not being racist or misogynist) that I identify with more. Hillary is not offering any answers to my concerns and I think the press has given her a free pass regards her view and opinions of white males.

However, I have one cardinal rule. Never trust a person who lies to you repeatedly. Both of these candidates have been caught in lies repeatedly, which ought to make people wonder why there are strong supporters on either side. In my world, if you have someone who easily and willingly lies to you about any of a number of things, how can you trust anything else they say? I don't expect Trump to give all of us free Bubble-up and rainbow stew if he wins tomorrow. I expect Trump to enact policies that enrich himself and his businesses. I don't expect anything from Hillary except to continue to be passive-aggressive towards white males in general and middle-aged ones in particular. As I've pointed out in the past, she is going to owe the folks from Emily's list so bad that she will indeed be the second coming Anne Richards (except on a national scale).
                        Calling Trump a racist leaves the impression that he is a racist and Hillary is not, that saying "that f***ing N*****" is okay.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Why on earth vote for an awful human being such as Hillary?
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

But you can't prove it. You can only speculate. Just remember:
                            "If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a lovely Christmas."
                            Maybe we are all in the matrix. Heck, I'm only speculating that this is the "real world". At some point, the obvious, straightforward answer has to be assumed correct when the evidence points so heavily in one direction. If you are just going to stick with the "but you can't prove it" line, we are going to have a hard time discussing much of anything.

Comment

Perhaps because I'm being forced to choose between the lesser of two crooks.
                              Who forced you to ignore the other options on the ballot, or the write-in options? Most people say "well, they can't win". You already admitted Trump can't lose your state, so why is he any different? The outcome isn't in jeopardy regardless of what you do.

Do you really find Trump more appealing than say, Evan McMullin?

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                                Why on earth vote for an awful human being such as Hillary?
                                Where did this statement come from? I am not a Hillary supporter in the slightest. I agree with you. A sensible protest vote should not include Trump or Hillary.

Comment

Working...
                                X