Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

    Edgy bro
    Winning the internet since 2006 with the least amount of insight to offer.


    Or in your vernacular, cool story bruh.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      2015 article with Haidt as second author: https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf

      My takeaway from the journal article: Liberals are statistically more individualistic than conservatives -- with the exception of libertarians who are statistically even more individualistic than liberals while being considered conservative.
      My five minutes uncovered the same article. I thought it was very interesting that analytical thought training resulted in people supporting liberal ideas more frequently.

      But yeah, I agree with you, not anything at all related to the proposition that conservatives are much more trusting of their political adversaries' true intentions.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

        Winning the internet since 2006 with the least amount of insight to offer.

        Or in your vernacular, cool story bruh.
        EL OH EL

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          2015 article with Haidt as second author: https://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc...=rep1&type=pdf

          My takeaway from the journal article: Liberals are statistically more individualistic than conservatives -- with the exception of libertarians who are statistically even more individualistic than liberals while being considered conservative.
          Thanks for the link. Ill have some time to kill later this evening to read it.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

            Thanks for the link. Ill have some time to kill later this evening to read it.
            It's boring.
            Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

            Comment


            • https://www.humansandnature.org/jonathan-haidt
              Livin the dream

              Comment


              • Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                But yeah, I agree with you, not anything at all related to the proposition that conservatives are much more trusting of their political adversaries' true intentions.
                I wasn't looking for that. I was just trying to find something recent by the author to see what he researches. I had never heard of him.
                Kung Wu say: "If Chuck Norris had a coach, his name would be Gregg Marshall."

                Comment


                • I also found this during my five minute search. Please provide a source for the proposition you previously put forth. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm looking for articles, quotes, etc. that support the finding that "most conservatives" believe progressives believe what they are defending is just and righteous and "most progressives" think conservatives are "lying or evil" when they make conservative arguments. That's a pretty specific finding that should be easy to point to.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by jdshock View Post

                    That is interesting, because on here it's the conservatives who regularly refer to democrats as "libtards," as "full of hate," they generally spout nonsense about democrats projecting their beliefs on the other party,
                    Since the numbers on these topics are largely conservatives, just how many use the word "libtards"? Most, or for me anyway, that are concerned with those "full of hate" has to with number on the left with a strong voice giving free reign to groups like Antifa along with students and others blocking free speech by disruption. And yes, I'm concerned about the further Socialist leaning of "the left". I also dislike hearing from "journalists" and Hollywood types calling out Republicans as white supremacists. Remember, I'm speaking as one who didn't vote for Trump (as did several other conservatives on this board) that is now feeling that I will have no choice but to vote for him in 2020. Go figure.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jdshock View Post

                      I also found this during my five minute search. Please provide a source for the proposition you previously put forth. For the avoidance of doubt, I'm looking for articles, quotes, etc. that support the finding that "most conservatives" believe progressives believe what they are defending is just and righteous and "most progressives" think conservatives are "lying or evil" when they make conservative arguments. That's a pretty specific finding that should be easy to point to.
                      That wasn’t a quote. You have to read the book. That’s what I took away from the book. There is a distrust on both sides. I am sorry that you thought I was quoting something despite the fact that I didn’t use quotation marks or sources.

                      There’s an often used trope that Conservatives distrust liberals because they think they are stupid and liberals distrust conservatives because they are evil. It is all over the internet. It predates Haidt’s book, but his research was specifically into This subject. His research supports this trope. He didn’t use the term evil though; he used terms like harm and justice and honesty.
                      Livin the dream

                      Comment


                      • I define Libtard as someone wholly ignorant of the Capitalistic mechanisms that allow them to exist as they do today. I think of a Libtard as someone in a diving bell sinking to the bottom of the ocean furiously attempting to cut their air line.

                        I normally would just call them retards but apparently I'm not allowed to use that word any longer.


                        T


                        ...

                        Comment


                        • Comment


                          • Interesting difference in the way POTUS is treated in urban vs rural settings.
                            Livin the dream

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Interesting difference in the way POTUS is treated in urban vs rural settings.
                              Can you define urban vs rural please.

                              also 1972. Since youre posting. Can you define what real America is please?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

                                Can you define urban vs rural please.

                                also 1972. Since youre posting. Can you define what real America is please?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X